2298 Hatbill Rd, Mims, FL

Limited to first 250 shooters

Entry Fee: $195

Juniors: $105

2nd gun: $135

.22 Cal: $65

Prize table in order of finish

More details to come!

Yeah, I think this is the "US Nationals" for Steel Challenge that Derek's been working on.

Yes, and yes. He called me today and asked to post about it. Some of the details are still being worked out, but give me your questions and I'll get them clarified.

Fly into Orlando and so far, there is no designated Match Hotel. He was supposed to be working on that on his flight to AZ this weekend.

We're composing a webpage that should be up with all the details sometime in the near future... just not sure when.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, just got off the phone with Derek.... :):)

New website is www.steelshoot.com....Front page is up, it will be coming soon

Match will run on similar format to Cali steel challenge.

Rimfire Thursday, stock gun Friday, and Open Saturday. I forgot to ask if there would be a top 32 shoot-off.... :blink:

Range should be open Mon-Wed for practice. We should be able to ship ammo to the range...and if that doesnt work Derek will accept the ammo for us.

Sounds like Todd, Rob, JJ, and Max along with the regular host of steel shooters will be there, along with Jim Scoutten taping it as well!

I for one am really pumped(having just dropped off parts to become new steel guns last night at the smith....)

Looking for airfare as we speak!!!

PS this is all accurate on Friday, 12-1-06......things might change, but I am still going~! ;)

DougC

OK, just got off the phone with Derek.... :):)

New website is www.steelshoot.com....Front page is up, it will be coming soon

Match will run on similar format to Cali steel challenge.

Rimfire Thursday, stock gun Friday, and Open Saturday. I forgot to ask if there would be a top 32 shoot-off.... :blink:

Range should be open Mon-Wed for practice. We should be able to ship ammo to the range...and if that doesnt work Derek will accept the ammo for us.

Sounds like Todd, Rob, JJ, and Max along with the regular host of steel shooters will be there, along with Jim Scoutten taping it as well!

I for one am really pumped(having just dropped off parts to become new steel guns last night at the smith....)

Looking for airfare as we speak!!!

PS this is all accurate on Friday, 12-1-06......things might change, but I am still going~! ;)

DougC

Looks like I better get working on some $$$ to go.

Practice time sounds good !!

Will that mean no equipment divisions?

Flex,

At the Steel Challenge in CA, there are some nice prizes for the top finishers in each equipment division, however the main prize table is visited in order of finish.

Kyle,

I would assume since this match is being run with the express consent of Mike & Mike and using their logo, name, etc. that it will be run pretty much the same way.

The way it works in CA is:

If you shoot in two divisions, you visit the table once for your highest finish.

You can take the cash or a prize, not both.

Usually the top 10 take the cash, that means 11-20 get the top picks on the table and on down the line. This year I believe that the 50th place prize package was worth around $400. It is a very efficient operation. A numbered list of prizes is distributed before the awards. Five shooters are allowed in the prize room with the next five outside the door. As prizes are picked from the table they are announced in the room where all the contestants are waiting so they can strike those prizes from their list. If you have two or three prize packages highlighted on your list, it makes it very simple to walk in the room and know what is available.

Sharyn or someone else who has spoken with Derek recently will probably have a better answer.

It's a bit of a turn-off for us non-Open shooters. (speaking for myself, anyway)

Really no point of going to SC and just shoot limited unless your someone like Strader that shoots his limited gun better than his open gun.

I still shoot 2 guns when i go down , don't know why i do since it just ends up being an expensive practice match :D

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I would post some questions here so all can see the reply, I visited the web site

and even reserved some plane tic's but I was wondering.....

...Is there going to be a prize (plaque or merch) for HOA like the SC in Cali ??

...(Open, Limited and .22)

...What's the format going to be, I see you can only shoot .22's on Thursday but what

...about the centerfire portion, One gun a day ?, split days ??

If the match is to be run like the SC in Cali maybe I should just find my 2006 rule book :)

...as I stated, just wondering and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I know folks are real busy

this time of year but I wanted to post since I just thought of these questions.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, enjoy and be safe.