Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finnish Ipsc 3 Gun Extravaganza

This is the official thread for any discussions of the 2007 Hamina Rifle-Pistol-Shotgun Challenge. Match Directors feel free to add the correct title.

Let the smacktalk and insult-hurling begin.

Myself, I think that the Nords willl get beat so bad by Kurt Miller alone (in EVERY DIVISION)that Finland and Sweden will have to join NATO and Norway-Finland-Sweden will have to send sizeable contigents to Iraq; Afghanistan; Kosovo; Gary, Indiana; St. Louis, MO; and South Central LA.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kelly, please don't get any of these fine folks sent to South/Central LA. They will be a lot safer over in the sandbox than hangin' with the SoCal homeboys ;-)

BTW, I want in on some of this action concerning anyone in the world whooping on Kurt in Standard. I got a crisp $20 that says Mr. Miller takes it in 2007 by at least the same margin as last year (5%). I may even try to be there to collect :-)

OK, smack talkin'........if DB was still allowed to post, George, he'd say"remember as always YUER RONGE". mr. miller is going down, cuz he will be there!!!! and he's gonna whup his ars. but DB is not allowed to post soooooo, I'm saying US Standard team, all the freakin' way, BABY!!!!

By the way, since I grew up in Europe, I have always admired the beautiful mounted birds know as CAPERCAILLIE, are there any Finnish folks that could direct me to a suitable way of collecting one while I am there for the match, or are they out of season.( I hope this is a suitable way of asking).

Is there a website with applications and weapons permit info?

trapr

this is ridiculous, i pulled up flight info for texas to Uk to texas, in june, then texas to helsinki to texas in july. it costs less to make those two flights, than it did for me to fly texas to greece to texas. now i just need to get vacation time or be sick(cough cough).

off conus matches here i come

trapr

Trapr, I'm seriously thimkin' about this one now too ;-)

I made the plans for 2006 but couldn't pull it off for work reasons because it was in our busy season, but now that it's in July when we are slow, I think I can make at least the rifle match work.

We need as many teams in as many divisions as we can get over there.

Myself, I think that the Nords willl get beat so bad by Kurt Miller alone (in EVERY DIVISION)that Finland and Sweden will have to join NATO and Norway-Finland-Sweden will have to send sizeable contigents to Iraq; Afghanistan; Kosovo; Gary, Indiana; St. Louis, MO; and South Central LA.

I don't see those folks sending troops into the sandbox when the green camo machine is pulling in it's horns, declaring victory and pullint out. But maybe they can do a little better job on the southern US border than the current government but there are doubts about any government doing anything about S Central LA.

That being said, I think the Amie contingent will do OK at the 2007 Hamina just remember to bring cool weather togs and raingear, "just in case".

Are they going to have the same type of restrictions as this year with regard to what's inbounds for the muzzel?

More info later, but here is the basic info:

Rifle match, 14-15th July, in Hamina, 15 stages, approx 200 rounds

Shotgun Match, 19th July, in Mikkeli, 12stages, approx 120 rounds

Handgun Match, 21-22nd July, in Sipoo, 15 stages, approx 250 rounds

Together those matches combine Finnish Tournament.

Tommi

About range locations:

Mikkeli is 153 km from Hamina

Hamina is 122km from Sipoo

Sipoo is 210km from Mikkeli

If tournament starts with rifle match from Hamina (which is 146km from Helsinki) then you need to drive 153km to Mikkeli for Shotgun match and last 210km to Sipoo for handgun match.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

You take plane to Helsinki, capitol of Finland.

From Helsinki to:

Riflematch in Hamina 148km

Shotgunmatch in Mikkeli 231km

Handgunmatch in Sipoo 34km

post-5631-1164313380.jpg

Our match sponsor can deliver large variety of european shotgun ammo. Also all other (hg and rifle) ammunition can be arranged. No problem.

Tommi

OK now were talking, time frame looks good and plenty of shooting, practice starts this weekend, now I gotta build a darn iron sighted rifle, heaven forbid, hope there is a good top end on the table this weekend to get a jump start

US Standard Team rides again

jc

Hello.

We have not yet builded website but we try to do it asap. After that we start to take registrations. Until then I will help You in any possible ways.

All matches are now in IPSC calendar. Between rifle and shotgunmatch there is three days gap and for that time is small military range reserved for practice and accomodation in military barracks. There You can try finnish sauna by the lake. Its locates as Padasjoki in 3gun map.

Tommi

Copied from ipsc calendar:

Match Name: Finnish 3-Gun Tournament

Level: III

Region: Finland

City: Hamina, Mikkeli, Sipoo

Club: Hapa, MA, SSG

Match Date: 2007-07-14 (5 days)

Discipline: Tournament

Minimum Rounds: 590

Number of Stages: 40

Entry Fee (Local): 240

Entry Fee (USD): 285

Registration Deadline: 2007-06-01

Contact Name: Tommi Forsell

Contact E-mail:

Comments:

2 days Rifle Match 14-15.7.2007

3 days free

1 day Shotgun Match 19.7.2007

1 day free

2 days Handgun Match 21-22.7.2007

Combined component match fees: 240 EUR

No separate tournament fee.

In between the rifle match and the shotgun match there is a free accomodation from sunday night to wednesday morning. I will be your host.

The accomodation includes free use of shooting ranges (pistol, shotgun and rifle), sauna and lakes. Food we can buy locally and I'm sure we can work out mess shifts. Ammunition can be bought on the range as well (please inform in advance). Padasjoki reservists training center is located about 40km north from Lahti. Please inform me or Tommi Forsell if you plan to use this possibility.

DVC,

Tommi Verho

tverho at cc dot hut dot fi

I have to ask around that premature shipping. But I prefer that You come with guns and take as much ammo You can carry. Rest ammo can be purchaced here or if it's exotic (38 super, long COL .40s&w), I can manage reloding machines and components.

Tommi

Hi! The accomodation in Padasjoki has all in all 40 bunks that are divided in 8 rooms. I'll reserve one of the rooms as non-hairy-legged-area. If the 40 places aren't enough there are lotsa army platoon sized tents as well:)

I just talked to Tommi Forsell on the phone and we can get all kinds of 12 and 20 gauge ammo, no probs. As well two or three Dillon 550's with a full palette of Vihtavuori powders, different primers, bullets and cases. And sets for .38 super, .40 s&w etc.

About shipping in ammo beforehand I don't know, have to check that but I doubt there will be any probs except for high prices..

t tommi

Tommi Verho

Hello.

This is what I have learned about non-european union residents to bring guns to Finland: US residents need import licence. Licence must be applied from local police where the match is held. Licence will be applied by region/country, so US guys/girls needs one licence where is all information collected to one single form. Seems like I will be collecting that info along registration and I get those papers to Hamina Police and apply the licence.

Tommi