Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Golden Bullet Match In Ca ?

As the Section Treasurer, I have not received notice that the 2007 Golden Bullet championship is being cancelled. In fact, I haven't hardly heard anything beyond the Hogue range being used for the Golden Bullet championship. I believe the match that is cancelled is the Single stack/Production match and not the Golden Bullet (which was actually a level 1 match this year). I had been informed that the Golden Bullet was to be shot in Aug of 2007 but have not heard anything further. Further details are coming but I don't think it will be as early as it was this year. The reason it was in April of this year was in 2003 when it was last at the Sacramento Valley range, it was held in late June (weekend before the 4th of July) when the temperatures were in the 100's. They wanted a more pleasant time of year to shoot and Late April worked (it even stopped raining long enough to let the ground dry out). So bear with the folks from the Hogue range, I'm pretty certain that the Golden Bullet will go on next year.

Vince

As the Section Treasurer, I have not received notice that the 2007 Golden Bullet championship is being cancelled. In fact, I haven't hardly heard anything beyond the Hogue range being used for the Golden Bullet championship. I believe the match that is cancelled is the Single stack/Production match and not the Golden Bullet (which was actually a level 1 match this year). I had been informed that the Golden Bullet was to be shot in Aug of 2007 but have not heard anything further. Further details are coming but I don't think it will be as early as it was this year. The reason it was in April of this year was in 2003 when it was last at the Sacramento Valley range, it was held in late June (weekend before the 4th of July) when the temperatures were in the 100's. They wanted a more pleasant time of year to shoot and Late April worked (it even stopped raining long enough to let the ground dry out). So bear with the folks from the Hogue range, I'm pretty certain that the Golden Bullet will go on next year.

Vince

Just for clarification, the SLO website linked above had the cancellation notice under "WCDC Info". That means (I assume) West Coast Dual Championship. There was no Au Bullet info that I could see.

Later,

Chuck

Just for clarification, the SLO website linked above had the cancellation notice under "WCDC Info". That means (I assume) West Coast Dual Championship. There was no Au Bullet info that I could see.

Later,

Chuck

Yep, I'm looking into it.. I've not heard anything about either match thus far and there really is no other info. Seems the San Luis web site conflicts with the USPSA site since there it is still a pending level 3. And I remember seeing the GBC info up there before and now it's gone. It's still too early to tell what will happen at this point. I know that I'll be attending at least 2 matches at the Hogue range next year due to the ICORE being held there as well.

Vince

Ok, it's up on the USPSA site. Richmond is taking care of the Golden Bullet. MD is Tom Frenkel, I'm a second contact. We'll be posting a match application soon. It is almost 9 months away at this point. If ya need info, pm me or email me from the USPSA web site link.

Vince

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Since this has not been visited in a while, I wanted to confirm a couple of things. The Richmond Hotshots are hosting this year's Golden Bullet. It is a level 3 match. Match application is available on the USPSA web site as well as the Richmond Hotshots web page (http://richmondhotshots.com). It will be a level 3 match, 8 stages plus Chrono, 200+ rounds. The dates are July 27-29. RO's shoot on the 27th, competitors shoot on the 28th and 29th. It is open squadding with dedicated RO's. Schedule is being worked out at this point, but figure first shots approx 8:30a on Sat, Lunch at noon, resume shooting at approx 1 pm till 5 pm. Resume shooting Sunday approx 8:30a, last shots fired before Noon Sunday with awards at approx 1 pm give or take. More details as we get closer. You can contact me direct on here (PM or email) for any other questions. I've been sending email confirmations to those who have entered.

Vince

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Congrats Todd!!! I always knew you had it in you. Can't wait 'til I'm home and maybe give you some competition. :cheers:

Good to see Tom Frenkel still holding things down at Richmond and thanks to Vince and staff for your efforts. Wish I could have been there. I miss you guys a lot.

Rich

Big thanks to all the staff that put on the match also. It was definately worth the drive to get there. I even got to get a In-N-Out double-double burger after the first day of shooting. Man I miss those bur :D gers!