Heroes

carinab

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone else catch what Suresh said about hist list of names. He said there were 36 names on the list... According to Jewish tradition there are always on earth 36 righteous people...

The Tzadikim Nistarim or Lamed Vav Tzadikim (ל"ו צדיקים) refers to 36 Righteous (or Saintly) people, a notion rooted within the more mystical dimensions of Judaism. (In Hebrew gematria, Lamed is the letter representing "thirty", and vav represents "six". Tzadikim is the plural for "righteous" or "saintly"). They are also known as the Lamed vavniks (the "Thirty Six" [people]). They may also be referred to as Tzadikim Nistarim: "Hidden Righteous [saints]".

The source is the Talmud itself, explained as follows:

As a mystical concept, the number 36 is even more intriguing. It is said that at all times there are 36 special people in the world, and that were it not for them, all of them, if even one of them was missing, the world would come to an end. The two Hebrew letters for 36 are the lamed, which is 30, and the vav, which is six. Therefore, these 36 are referred to as the Lamed-Vav Tzadikim. This widely-held belief, this most unusual Jewish concept is based on a Talmudic statement to the effect that in every generation 36 righteous "greet the Shechinah," the Divine Presence (Tractate Sanhedrin 97b; Tractate Sukkah 45b).

Edited by BritinUSA

I caught the 36 number also. I have came up with about 15 names. off the top of my head. However what about the ones that sylar has already killed. not sure of the number but i was thinking like 7 or 17 or something... i know 2 for sure, the redhead from the diner, and the guy who wanted his watch fixed and was killed origionally.

Thanks for the interjections though that is really cool correlation between plot and ancient religions.

I just want Micah's powers !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Think of all the guns & gear I could buy with a backpack full of $20's :rolleyes:

Brother, there can be only one of me :D

That being said, whats with Sulu? Lemmie guess, Leonard Nemoy is Claires dad?

"Sulu" is Hiro's dad...Apparently he auditioned for the part just like everyone else and nailed it. Tim Kring said in an article that the show had auditioned everyone and took only the best. They didn't pick up anyone "just because" they are already in the genre. I think it's kinda cool that some folks who are good actors, that have been "relegated" to the ashheap of SF, get a place on primetime.

Between Heroes and BSG, I'm watching more TV this season than I have in a long time.

"Sulu" is Hiro's dad...Apparently he auditioned for the part just like everyone else and nailed it. Tim Kring said in an article that the show had auditioned everyone and took only the best. They didn't pick up anyone "just because" they are already in the genre. I think it's kinda cool that some folks who are good actors, that have been "relegated" to the ashheap of SF, get a place on primetime.

Between Heroes and BSG, I'm watching more TV this season than I have in a long time.

Don't get me wrong carinab...I think he is a great choice for the role, and a fine actor. I was just shocked a bit to see him pop up in the show. When I saw it, I exclaimed "Holy sh!t it's Sulu!" My wife looked at me like I was crazy..."Who is Subaru?"

:blink:

Now I'm hooked too. I saw that comped gun Eden had before (or which she used for) her demise and I was, like, 'Cool!'. I just have to download all the other episodes that I missed on iTunes. Like Carina said, I too have been watching a lot of TV lately. And with 'Lost' coming back next week...

WOW! This show keeps getting better & better. Claire's mom has the touch of fire! And I wonder who her real dad is ...... ???

I think it's Nathan Petrelli...

I also think that Niki's going to find a way to control Jessica next week...

I think one of our own has "the power" too ! :)

Did you see the licence plate on Hiro's father's car.

NCC-1701

Enterprise number

WOW! This show keeps getting better & better. Claire's mom has the touch of fire! And I wonder who her real dad is ...... ???

I think it's Nathan Petrelli...

I also think that Niki's going to find a way to control Jessica next week...

I think one of our own has "the power" too ! :)

It was kind of obvious. They showed a gold watch and an expensive looking shirt. Only one character wears either, Nathan Petrelli.

NCC-1701

Enterprise number

I'll have to go back and look for it. Freakin' priceless!

On another note, can that Petrelli cat keep his hands to himself? All of these illegitimate super kids running around :D

No $hit .............. what kind of baby would he had if he got that Jessica chick preggo ??

A flying / super-strength demon kid ??? :o Super Man ! ;)

I wonder if he went to the doctor and complained of a burning "down there" after hangin' the pie with the cheerleaders mom.... :lol:

:D

No $hit .............. what kind of baby would he had if he got that Jessica chick preggo ??

A flying / super-strength demon kid ??? :o Super Man ! ;)

I wonder if he went to the doctor and complained of a burning "down there" after hangin' the pie with the cheerleaders mom.... :lol:

<_< Now ! I feal old ? Hangin The Pie ? :D did you just make that up?

Am I missing something or didn't I see Petrolli talking to Claire's real mom in the previews for next week. I think he's her Dad.

OBTW, of all the caracters in the show to get killed off, Eden is the only one I miss. She was a doll and had a killer power.

dj

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday's episode is certainly much more up to my standards of a good episode!

Stan Lee's cameo made my freakin day :D I'll bet 100 pieces of cleaned 9mm brass that the next cameo will be either:

1)Lou Ferrigno

2)William Shatner

3)Johnathon Franks