Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Don't Show Up Too Early!

IronEqualizer

I've been lurking for a while and thought my first post could give everybody a laugh. I got up at 6am yesterday, cleaned my gun, packed my gear, and drove the hour drive to my nearest local match. When I made the turn into the club I saw the gate was locked. I always arrive early to help set up but someone is always already there. Well, what the hell? Then it hit me. I had not received the courtesy e-mail the match director always sends out a few days prior to the match. DOHHH!!!! :wacko: As I checked my calendar on my phone to verify my stupidity, it was indeed the second Sat of the month and not the third. Call me stupid, call me eager I don't know. I wonder if I can consider that a win by default?

IronEqualizer

Just did that a few weeks ago. We always set up on Saturday prior to the following week's Sunday match. We set up the previous Saturday so I showed up on Sunday to find no one around. Could've practiced but was too bummed to pull out the equipment.

I've been lurking for a while and thought my first post could give everybody a laugh. I got up at 6am yesterday, cleaned my gun, packed my gear, and drove the hour drive to my nearest local match. When I made the turn into the club I saw the gate was locked. I always arrive early to help set up but someone is always already there. Well, what the hell? Then it hit me. I had not received the courtesy e-mail the match director always sends out a few days prior to the match. DOHHH!!!! :wacko: As I checked my calendar on my phone to verify my stupidity, it was indeed the second Sat of the month and not the third. Call me stupid, call me eager I don't know. I wonder if I can consider that a win by default?

IronEqualizer

I like to show up early too, but a week!!?? :D

I say you win!!

Edited by mike_pinto

Hey I did exactly the same thing last Saturday. Month started on a Sunday. So Saturdays are a week behind. Well at least I had a nice drive. Early mornings are about the only time the roads are free of cars so I can stupidly exceed the speed limit by a lot.

Can't wait till the daylight savings time changes.

Hey I did exactly the same thing last Saturday. Month started on a Sunday. So Saturdays are a week behind. Well at least I had a nice drive. Early mornings are about the only time the roads are free of cars so I can stupidly exceed the speed limit by a lot.

Can't wait till the daylight savings time changes.

Scooter that is exactly why it happened. Since the first day was a Sun I just counted down 3 weeks and never looked at the days. Well thanks everyone I don't feel so bad anymore.

Last winter I was out of town for a convention, and I decided to hit a local match on the way back. I left the hotel a little late on Sunday morning, and risked my life to get to the match through freezing rain. When I got there the gate was locked. Apparently they cancelled because of weather, and I guess I missed the e-mail.

• 4 weeks later...

I got up early to drive 75 miles to the match. Opened up my trunk when I got there and didn't have my belt, mag pouches or holster. Bummer. <_< I asked almost everyone there if they had extra. Nope. So now Im alset to be the scorekeeper. When a guy that I didn't ask for equipment because he is left handed and Im not, comes up and tells me he has an extra belt and pouches and holster. Go figure. Shooter in this game are the best!!!

When I got home my stuff was lying in the driveway. It was dark out when I left. Now I check everything in my trunk!

I got up early to drive 75 miles to the match. Opened up my trunk when I got there and didn't have my belt, mag pouches or holster. Bummer. <_< I asked almost everyone there if they had extra. Nope. So now Im alset to be the scorekeeper. When a guy that I didn't ask for equipment because he is left handed and Im not, comes up and tells me he has an extra belt and pouches and holster. Go figure. Shooter in this game are the best!!!

When I got home my stuff was lying in the driveway. It was dark out when I left. Now I check everything in my trunk!

Yep I now have a thorough check list I got mostly off of here that includes the date and time of the match to be checked off. :)