Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Mag Funnel And Magazine Extension Base Pads?

40SWSTI

Hi folks :)

New member here from Europe.

I have to say that you got great forum. A lot of helpful and courteous people.

I have one question.

I own Glock 17 at the moment and I plan to sell it and purchase Glock 34. I like the longer sight radius and adjustable sights. It will be used for plinking, home defense and eventually competition.

So my question is what's good magazine funnel for Glock 34? I've seen a few models on the internet but would like to hear pros and cons for particular brand from you experienced shooters. While we are at it what are good mag extension base pads for Glock 17 round 9mm mag?(that are IPSC legal). Pros and cons for each brand please.

Any and all replies would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards. :)

edit: grammar

Edited by 40SWSTI

I don't know how many, if any are IPSC legal. Gotta check the box dimensions for that one. I'll have a G22 with a SJC magwell on it here like next week and will give you a No B.S. assesment. Went with them 'cause I'm eventually going to pick up a G17 and have them build an Open blaster on it.

Rich

As far as magazine extensions, it really depends on the division that you want to compete it. I would honestly suggest getting a better set of sights LONG before a magwell!

BTW-You are making an excellent choice by chosing a G34!

Agreed, sights first. I like Dawson, but it doesn't matter really.

I installed a Dawson Ice magwell. I like the replacable insert. Pain in the ass to install, no instructions. Of course I figured it out, but damn, a little note with some tips would have been great. I'll just say that it fits VERY, VERY tight. It actually squeezed the mag opening on the grip enough to hold magazines from dropping free. Little work and everythings fine, actually kind of enjoyable. I like a good fight.

I really like it. Good weight, I got the lighter of the two, but not too heavy.

Don't know if it will fit into the IPSC box.

• 1 month later...

Heinie/Dawson combo sights, Dawson Ice magwell, and Arredondo basepads. I run that on my limited G24. Along with a tungsten guide rod, 14lbs ISMI spring, KKM barrel, and a 2.5 lbs trigger. I use my G34 for production, so I have the Heinie/Dawson sights, and the 2.5lbs trigger on it. If you are going to shoot Production you can't have any external modifications. If you are going to shoot limited, I suggest a G35, or a G24. Here is a pic of my setup.

DSC00013_edited.jpg

Sounds like you are shooting IPSC, not USPSA?

The G17 is a great choice for IPSC Production. The G34 won't be legal in that division.

In IPSC, the G34 will put you in Standard division. There, you'd be shooting Minor Power Factor...where your competition will be shooting Major Power Factor with 40 caliber. Not real competitive. (In Production, everybody is scored Minor, so 9mm is competitive in that division.)

Your best bet is to keep the G17 and shoot some matches with it in Production. You can put better sights on it.

While we are at it what are good mag extension base pads for Glock 17 round 9mm mag?(that are IPSC legal).

Arredondos +3/+4 pads will fit in the IPSC measure box. Im using these bads myself with G35 in Standard division and with 357SIG in Open division, they work fine.

If you want more modifie your followers and you get +1 capacity.

fc25l4901abavl.jpg

Folks,

thank you all for replies.

Your inputs are greatly appreciated! :)

@Flexmoney

Yes, I'll be shooting IPSC, and I know that G-34 fits in Standard Division. Also I know about Power Factors, but I thought that cheaper ammo will enable me to shoot more, so I can compensate Minor Power Factor with good accuracy. Well, after rethinking I also think that it would not be competitive with 40 SW guns. You are right.

Again thank you all for inputs that you provided. :)

I will consider G-35.

Folks,

@Flexmoney

Yes, I'll be shooting IPSC, and I know that G-34 fits in Standard Division. Also I know about Power Factors, but I thought that cheaper ammo will enable me to shoot more, so I can compensate Minor Power Factor with good accuracy. Well, after rethinking I also think that it would not be competitive with 40 SW guns. You are right.

I will consider G-35.

Or you could reload which would save you money and allow you to shoot dummed down .40 s&w load with a power factor just high enough to make major...

+1 on BLACK DP sights NOT the F/O.

Folks,

@Flexmoney

I will consider G-35.

Or you could reload which would save you money and allow you to shoot dummed down .40 s&w load with a power factor just high enough to make major...

+1 on BLACK DP sights NOT the F/O.

Hi,

Reloading is illegal in my country, believe it or not.

So that option is a no no.

Reloading is illegal in my country, believe it or not.

So that option is a no no.

WHAT? That is aweful, I have never heard of reloading being illegal in any country. Sorry to hear that. :blink:

Just put good sights on the gun you currently have, then save up for the gun you want. glocks are not that unreasonable to purchase, but I would not spend the money for the adjustable sights from glock. If you choose a G34/G35, opt for the plain fixed plastic sights and spend the extra money they would have charged you for a set of real sights when you get it. The factory adj. sights are very poor quality.