Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Rocky Mountain 3-gun

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: Well, it happened, the 2007 JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun is FULL! However, I do know of at least two people that may not be able to attend, and there may be more, so if you want to join us, please send in your apps ASAP and I'll put you on the waiting list and let you know as soon as a spot opens up!

JJ and I wanted to give you some informative updates as well!

Registration, Waiver Signing etc. starts at noon on Wednesday and goes until 1700. There will be last minute registration Thursday morning at 0630.

Shooters briefing is at the Coors Center at 0700 Thursday morning. Shooting starts at 0730 and goes through 1730. Lunch is from 1200-1300 Thursday and Friday. Mr. C's catering will be by the Coors Center Thursday-Saturday from 0730-1330 or so for you to purchase food. Friday shooting goes from 0730-1730. Saturday, shooting is from 0730-1330. We plan to start awards at 1500! (We can always dream!)

On Friday night at 1730, Sabre Defence is sponsoring a free shooters BBQ at the Coors center.

We suggest you bring sunscreen, bug spray and water. There will be water available near the stages as well.

Remember, we're having you sling your empty rifle on one stage, so if you have a sling, bring it! If not, we have some available for you to use.

There may be some changes, (there's always some changes) but here's what the stages looks like:

These are minimum round counts. One shot on each target.

Stage 1 - Pistol/Rifle - 19 pistol targets (paper and steel), 9 rifle targets at 100-300 yards.

Stage 2 - 3-Gun - 6 long pistol targets, 6 long slug targets, 6 long rifle 300-400 yds

Stage 3 - Rifle - 10 short range paper, 12 rifle targets 200-400yds and maybe a 500yd bonus target

Stage 4 - Shotgun - 6 poppers, 26 clays and steel (some flying clays)

Stage 5 - Pistol/Rifle - 8-10 pistol paper, 12 long rifle 75-250yds

Stage 6 - Shotgun/Rifle - 16 clays, 3 slugs, 9 long rifle 150-300 yds

Stage 7 - Shotgun/Pistol - 18 clays, 3 slugs, 8 pistol (paper and steel)

Stage 8 - Rifle/Pistol - 6 long rifle 75-125, 10-12 short rifle paper, 10 pistol targets (paper and steel)

The round count here is deceivingly low! Bring lot's of ammo!

There are a few longish walks to stages, but no mountainous hikes! Carts could be helpful, but you have to drive from stage to stage, so they'll have to go back into your vehicle. The stages are spread out over 5 or 6 miles.

If you have any questions, let us know! We've tried to think of most of it, but...my brain is tired!

Denise and JJ

I have had a few people who had to drop out.

So, I have 5 slots open, ready for new shooters.

Get those in the mail ASAP! You can e-mail us at rm3gun@yahoo.com

Check out the website: www.rm3g.com

We've added lot's of sponsors. We've got the amazing JP enterprises, Sabre Defence, Trijicon, LMS Defense, Bushmaster, Springfield, Nordic Components, DPMS, Gram's, Cav Arms, Arredondo, Tac Pro, MGM, SVI, Armalite, Blackhawk, MSTN, Caspian, Glock, CMMG, Viking Tactics, Truckvault, Carroll Targets, HiViz, Surefire, Hornady, Brooks Tactical, Sportsman's Warehouse, Otto Made This, Dave's Metal Works and a few more on their way! Thank you so much! The sponsors have been sooo generous! Our house is overflowing with fabulous prizes! :cheers:

We look forward to seeing you in September!

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Well! We're full up again! JJ and I are heading down to Raton September 1 and e-mail access is sporadic to say the least, so get those questions in quick before we head out!

We're really getting excited! We hope you will all have an awesome time!

Thanks again to all our sponsors:

JP Enterprises, Sabre Defence, Armalite, Arredondo, BarSto, Brownell's, Buchanan Bagworks 3-Gun Gear, BlackHawk, Bushmaster, Burris, Cavalry Arms, Caspian, Carroll Targets, CMMG, Dave's Metal Works, DPMS, Gram's Engineering, Glock, HiViz, Hornady, LMS Defense, Magpul, MGM, Montana Gold, MSTN, Nordic Components, Otto Made This, Redding, R&R Racing, Rugged Gear, Sierra, Spec-Ops, Sportsman's Warehouse, Springfield, STI, SVI, TruckVault, Surefire, Storm Lake, TacPro, Trijicon, Tripp Research, Viking Tactics, Western Engineering, and a few more!!! :cheers: The sponsors have made this so much easier! I think you will enjoy the prize table a lot!!

Anyway, let us know if you've got questions and we'll see you in September!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Thanks again to all our sponsors:

YES, a huge thank-you to the sponsors, some new ones, some continuing on from previous years. When you see the sponsors shooters or sponsors at the match, make sure to ask them about their product and thank them for their support!

I have two points of interest for all of those attending RM3G this year!

1. If you haven't had enough shooting by the end of the match on saturday and have an extra day to stay the "Sporting Rifle Match" will be on Sunday September 9th on the backside of Whitting. For those of you who like to shoot the long range this is the match for you. More info can be found here. http://demigodllc.com/srm/

2. I will be back this year running both a Machinegun sidematch (cash payback) and general Machinegun rental for those of you who want to come and play. I will have the Hummer with the PKM mounted in the back. I am planning on bringing; MP5, AK-47, AKS-74U, AUG, G-36, M-16, M-4, HK-51, Thompson M1A1, Glock 18c, Uzi, M-14, PKM, M60E3, M240B, M249, MG-42. I was only planning on bring these, but it you want something special I don't have on the list drop me a note and I'll bring it.

thanks and see everyone there,

alan

MachineGunTours

I have two points of interest for all of those attending RM3G this year!

2. I will be back this year running both a Machinegun sidematch (cash payback) and general Machinegun rental for those of you who want to come and play. I will have the Hummer with the PKM mounted in the back. I am planning on bringing; MP5, AK-47, AKS-74U, AUG, G-36, M-16, M-4, HK-51, Thompson M1A1, Glock 18c, Uzi, M-14, PKM, M60E3, M240B, M249, MG-42. I was only planning on bring these, but it you want something special I don't have on the list drop me a note and I'll bring it.

thanks and see everyone there,

alan

MachineGunTours

Awesome!

Alan

Great to here. I would like to shoot the MP5 & TommyGun. Can we bring our own ammo, and do you have any preferences on ammo? I will only bring brass cased ammo.

Hope to spend some time with you.

Ty Gentry :surprise:

Alan

Great to here. I would like to shoot the MP5 & TommyGun. Can we bring our own ammo, and do you have any preferences on ammo? I will only bring brass cased ammo.

Hope to spend some time with you.

Ty Gentry :surprise:

Ty,

The ammo is including in the cost of the rental or the side match. You don't need to bring your own ammo:)

alan

Leaving Minnesota Monday night, hope to get to Whittington Center Tues. night or early Wed. Hope to have time to re-zero weapons and to acclimate to different altitude. Here is to hoping the weather is as nice as it was at the Tri-gun Challenge :cheers: .

Payne

you guys aren't going to let me win the machine gun side match again are you?

Dammit Russell is shooting again. You guys better bring your A-Game. He is a ringer!!!!!!

here is what I can't do at whittington. Here is one case of dynamite (88 sticks) with the first shot with the 60.

alan

1case.MOV

3 more days :rolleyes:

We are practicing long range rifle and shotgun reloads.

Nancis new shotgun rocks :rolleyes: and she shoots it well :D

Looking forward to seeing JJ and Denise ( I call her ricochet Rabbit) caus she has more energy than any ten people I know :cheers:

And all the folks we met at Johnson 3gun.

PLUS all the new friends we have met on the forum!

Any way you look at it we will have a great time!!!

Jim

3 more days :rolleyes:

We are practicing long range rifle and shotgun reloads.

Nancis new shotgun rocks :rolleyes: and she shoots it well :D

Looking forward to seeing JJ and Denise ( I call her ricochet Rabbit) caus she has more energy than any ten people I know :cheers:

And all the folks we met at Johnson 3gun.

PLUS all the new friends we have met on the forum!

Any way you look at it we will have a great time!!!

Jim

Good Luck to you and Nanci! If only this match was 1 month ago I'd have been there, but alas, work is too heavy this time of year.

Neat meeting some of the Forum croud - Gentleman Jim and Nanci and seeing and shooting with friends I only see at matches - Benny, Ty, Merlin, Mel, ...

The match is much better than last year - worlds apart better. Really interesting stages, long range rifle out to 500 yards and more. I had second thoughts about making a 1750 mile drive after last year but it was worth the trip.

Mike - Kurt and I split a bottle of Dalmore Cigar Malt tonight! Wish you'd been here...

Hey Mike,

2 days down. 2 stages to go tomorrow morning. Weather has been great except for some rain yesterday around 4:00pm. Can't give you much info. on who's leading who in match points, but here's a quick summary of the stages we've shot so far (Squad 7).

Stage 7: Shotgun/Pistol; Moving up-hill in a forested creekbed with 21 shotgun targets (18 clays and 3 slugs) and then 3 papers and a texas star for the pistol at the end.

Stage 8: Rifle/Pistol; 2 rifle flashers at 125-150 yds. from three positions (all suitably awkward) and 12 CQB rifle paper targets with 6 papers and a steel stop plate for the pistol.

Stage 1: Pistol/Rifle; 18 pistol targets including some 25-30 yard flashers and then 3 rifle flashers at 150-225 yds. from two positions.

Stage 2: Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun; 3 rifle flashers at 300-400 yds., 3 shotgun slug plates at 90-100 yds. and 3 pistol IPSC steel plates at 40-55 yds. ea. engaged from 2 positions each.

Stage 3: Rifle Only; 14 CQB rifle targets while running (carefully) down a dry creekbed to two "bunkers" where we had 5 rifle flashers from 225-390yds. and a 500 yd. "Bonus" flasher worth 30 seconds off. One of the guys in Benny Hill's squad shot this in 81 seconds with the bonus for a 51 net. :surprise: According to the RO, over 65% of the shooters have timed-out at 180 seconds so far.

Stage 4: Shotgun-O-Rama; 32 birdshot targets, 4 of them airborne. Big Fun.

That's it for now.

Regards,