Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

16 Blocks

????

Actually I thought it was pretty cool.

My take is that the sequence was supposed to have been a "freeze frame" of the whole world just after he kills a guy. Just at the moment the world was frozen the gun had just ejected a round it was chambering a new round.

I don't think it was a jam at all.

My personal feeling was this was a very under rated movie. Excellent story, some of the best characters I have seen in a while, and I have to say Mos Def is one of the best actors I have seen in a long time! If you have any reservations you need to rent it or get it on PPV. Great movie.

Could be that the director was trying to impart to the audience that the world (Bruce's World) came to a halt in that instant. A bit of artistic license as well. He's definitely not on the front site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

having seen the scene in question, I can't say it was intentional. It appears ot be a real jam. However, it fits the scene perfectly.

The scene is in heavy slow motion, with all the input muted and or distorted (i.e. time, focus, sound). it isn;t lik they pretend it isn't jammed a second later, nor is the character dealing particularly well with everything else going on in the scene. if he's overwhelmed to the point he's not noticing the other people shooting at him, he might just take a few to notice a jam as well.

It was actually an Ok movie, which is better than I can say for nearly everything else out this year.