Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I am looking for a spray in bedliner and a hard tonneau cover. I looked at Rhino linings, and another local place also offered "Vortec" which they described as another brand but ultimately the same as Rhino lining. Does anyone know anything about this "Vortec" stuff? It is a little cheaper, and I prefer to do business with the place that offers it, but not if it is a crap product.

Also, is there a particular brand of Tonneau cover that is preffered? I will be putting guns, tools, and other fairly valuable and tough to replace items in it, and want one that offers good security. What do ya'll have that you are happy with?

I like the rhino spray in liner...had it on my old Chevy and it was great...stuff does not slide around...and it is hard to shovel stuff out of the bed after you have it sprayed in, but I really liked it...No experience with toneau covers...but I would get one of the flush mounted hard ones with a lock...have it painted the color of your truck... :)

No experience with the Vortex liner - when we did our truck last year all our research told us that Rhino Linings was the best - so that's what we got.

For the tonneau cover, look at ARE. I'm VERY happy with mine - someone tried to break into it and all they ended up doing to it was scratch it up :)

I got a cover fron undercover on a new Tacoma and I like it because it only weights about 50 pounds, locks well, seals pretty well, and is possible to take on and off by myself when hauling large objects. Factory bedliner but am looking at the new roll on rhino lining with texture because my bed is slick.

I looked seriously at the Rhino and the Line-X brand of spreay in liners. They are basically the same material with different application methods. I looked at both and both looked good. I have a friend that has Rhino and it faded to grey from black. I also saw where Rhino dealers are independents. Having dealt with an independent dealer before I didn't know how good thier "lifetime warranty" would be.

So.....

I went with linex and thier lifetime warranty that is good regardless of the dealer as it is corporate issued.

Steven

Line-X and Rhino are different. Line-X is hard and Rhino is rubbery. Things do slide around in my Line-X-sprayed bed and I assume the rubbery Rhino would be better for that. But I would be more worried about steel plates, target stands, motorcycle ramp, etc. tearing up the Rhino.

I did a pile of research and finally went Line-X in my Tundra last Summer. I had the "Angry Teenagers" in Coeur D'Alene ID (Sandoz-ville) do it and they did a great job. They were running a "county fair special" which saved me $75.

Dad had Rhino in his Ford and got "Bull Hide" in his Dodge. I don't like either. Rhino is wayyyy too slick.

I like that I can drive into any Line-X dealer in the country and have them fix any problems.

And given that Line-X does bullet/blast-proofing stuff with their coatings for the military and others I suspect they aren't anti-gun. Heck, they had American Handgunner and Guns & Ammo on the rack when I got my truck done (which proves they like gun rag drivel...but at least they like guns).

Thanks guys.

I am gonna look around and see if Line-X is available in my area. I havent even heard of it til now. The best deal so far is for Rhino, but it is about 60 miles away, and might be a heckuva hassle.

As for tonneau covers, it is prolly gonna be either an ARE or Swiss. The sales guy seemed to think the Swiss had the best, most secure locking system. Also, the price for the Swiss, ARE, and Leer are all the same.

I tried a bunch of them in our company trucks as we built the "fleet"... BY FAR the best I have come across is SuperLiner... That's the one I chose to put in my personal truck. I really like it.

It DOES matter who the installer is... Make sure you get references ont he ACTUAL person who is going to do the application. Prep is critical and thicker is almost always better.