Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Guns!

Chris Keen

I'm not surprised at all. I expected Glock to win hands down because it was the first polymer pistol with a trigger that is very attractive for Production. It has a deservedly large following after many years of success and a great track record.

However, if you're not making improvements constantly in this business, the competition will quickly catch up and, arguably in this case, pass the previous front runner. I think many of the pistols cited in the poll along with the new M&P are gaining popularity because action shooters are a discerning bunch who are always looking for a better mouse trap (or pistol in our case.) I suspect Glock's market share will decrease over time as new and perhaps better pistols become available for Production.

Edited by XD Niner

I am suprised at how many CZ votes there were. I see more Glocks then anything else,but the XDs are really starting to catch up.

The CZ's are very accurate pistols and they feel great in the hand. I received mine back from Matt Mink (he did a trigger job on it). It is PERFECT now. I use a CZ75 B in 40 caliber. It is the full rail version.

I admit, I don't use it much currently because I am a limited shooter. BUT, I used the CZ ina local IDPA match last Saturday and it was flawless.

I'm giving my Sig a try this year. Great ergonomics, utterly reliable, and quite accurate. I've also noticed my Sig's on the circuit this year. I think they are starting to get a following.

Erik

I Glocked for many years and during that time 10 Austrians passed through my safe and range bag: 17, 21, 22(4), 27, 30, 35 & 36. Some for social purposes and some for playing games.

When I shot an XD for the first time I was hooked. It just feels right in my hands. Now I carry a XD40SC and my nightstand/production gun is a XD40 Service. I haven't tweaked it yet because I'm devoted to the Revo now, but will get to production in due time.

XD for me!

Picked up Dirtypool40's G34 and like it a lot. Must be from shooting a G22. I had a chance to handle (but not fired) a customized XD and it felt really good on my hands. Trigger is superb if done correctly, might get one eventually.

Guys, could someone give me info about Para LDA’s trigger specifications? What is it weight? What about the reset travel? Is it fast enough for dynamic shooting?

In a quick recap - it's a heavy gun at 40oz. for the full size 9mm LDA and the triggers are light in pull weight, but have a long reset.

The LDA reset seems to me longer than a Smith & Wesson 625 revolver.

http://www.para-lda.com/ldaHiCap.html#blackHiCap9

To be real, its has to be STEEL (with Fancy walnut grips)

CZ 85 Combat - have an SP-01, but just can't leave my 85's alone.

* I'm stacking sandbags for Glock/XD response to my wisecrack !

oh, and if its Limited, I'll pass on the 1911, I do it about twice a week, my hand passes an STI Edge .40, a G35 w/Bomars, an HK Expert with speedchute in my safe and just seems to always land on those twin 85 Combats that Angus built.

For Limited see attchmt.

J

post-4151-1153453592.jpg

I have a G34 and a G35, been shooting the G35 for USPSA major and the G34 for IDPA, I carry a G19 with an internal lasermax, I have a G21 with a M6 streamlight/laser by my bed, I keep two different G17s in two spots in my pawnshop with 33rounders in them. My brother, my dad, and my mom all carry glocks.

I own a pawnshop/gunstore, and see ALOT of used glocks come through, I took the glock armorers course, so know how to fix them... Of the hundreds of glocks I have sold, I have NEVER had one come back broken, no lie. The only time I have ever had to use my armorers 'skills' is a customer brought back his G21 with a broken extractoring rod... he tried to straighten it with pliers and broke it off the trigger housing :wacko: (anyone with a G21 knows it is bent for a reason, thats the way it comes).

No need for a warranty, they don't break on their own.

my .02