Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-60

PaulW

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

We just shot this one at the Circleville club.

I don't know why these field course classifier aren't ran more often.

This one has lots of good elements. The distance to the targets is pretty good. There is movment into, and out of, shooting positions. Shooting around a barricade. Hard cover...soft cover...steel no-shoot. Great stuff. I knew I would like this one.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Another one I shot yesterday. Agree with Kyle - a great stage. This is the one where I was DYING to get the sub-one draw - and didn't get it. Still a great stage.

I wasn't ecstatic with my performance here but it was solid.

Limited 13.05 seconds down 5 points. HF 4.5977 for 91% national percent.

I missed one of the poppers and had a make up there - other than that just made sure I was smooth. Classic mistake on the hardcover is to aim too low below the heads. I think this is two things, one is that we tend to think "shoot below the heads" and we do forgetting that the A zone is really just a few inches below the head. Second is that your target area, the center of the black stuff between the visible head and the ground isn't centered on the target causing lower hits. I don't know, I was very deliberate about aiming just below the head and that seemed to work ok.

JB

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

How are people setting up the soft cover on this stage? Wooden frame? Fabric stretched between poles? Etc?

If you're using a frame, I'm assuming that that would be considered soft cover too, so no reshoot issues if wood is hit?

Thanks for your help/ideas. Wind was causing probs for us.

Edited by EZ Bagger

I think lizard used the metal target stands with 1x2 at each side and then strung black plastic sheeting between the two. We has wind issues too...

Soft cover is just a crappy option in high plains desert. Now around here in exile... I've never seen such a lack of wind. It's down right stagnant at times.

I think lizard used the metal target stands with 1x2 at each side and then strung black plastic sheeting between the two. We has wind issues too...

Soft cover is just a crappy option in high plains desert. Now around here in exile... I've never seen such a lack of wind. It's down right stagnant at times.

Yep, trying to make it so the wind won't parachute the whole sheet back into the steel.

What about a sheet of burlap? That's what Jerry used at the 300 and it worked pretty well. You could always use camo netting as an expensive last resort. It should let the wind through rather easy, but I dont know how well it will stand up.

• 2 months later...

I shot this today, 13.31 with 60 points in open, looks like that's about 86%.

I'm wondering how people aim on the last array. I felt comfortable shooting the paper targets through the soft cover, but I had a hard time doing that with the popper, especially with the 2x4 frame, so I shot the top of the popper.

Just curious how other folks are doing it.

I shot this today, 13.31 with 60 points in open, looks like that's about 86%.

I'm wondering how people aim on the last array. I felt comfortable shooting the paper targets through the soft cover, but I had a hard time doing that with the popper, especially with the 2x4 frame, so I shot the top of the popper.

Just curious how other folks are doing it.

FWIW, it was a 2x2 frame, so 1.5" actual dimensions. Don't know if that would have changed your shooting plan or not....

I shot it straight across, taking all targets, including the steel, from the left side of the barricade and all shots through the soft cover.

I saw some of the new shooters missing the targets through the soft cover, but at teardown there was only one bullet hole in the entire frame.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...