Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doctor Sight On A Cmore Style Mount

Adam B

...I think frame mounted would be easier to get into the box.

I agree, If it was mounted ahead of the ejection port then the gun could be angled inside the box, that allows for a longer grip/barrel length.

Edited by BritinUSA

Ari,

You may want to contact JoJo (Won the EEO in Modified just recently) http://jvdynamics.com/

Later,

Chuck

Email sent! :cheers:

Thanks Chuck!

contacted JoJo and he replied back that he will have the JPoint site mount next week in production. :cheers:

But now I have this little devil in my left ear whispering something about a serendipity. :wacko:

My new gun came from Dean Makos with a very small, off frame, sight mount for the DrDot. I have no idea who made it, but you might

get in touch with Dean and see if he can help you out.

This mount is about as close to the slide as you can get. I had to have a slight relief cut put in the bottom to stop a bit of rubbing between the mount and the slide.

post-12164-1214004069.jpg

post-12164-1214004081.jpg

Edited by matt2ace

matt, what caliber is it and how do you do with major loads. I like that.

9mm major.......170 PF running 7.8gr Silhouette, 124gr MGD, 1.16 OAL.

The dot moves vertically but is always visible in the optic. Recoil, IMO,

is soft and very controllable. I have shot about 1500 rounds through it

so far, maybe 1-2 times where a case was caught between the slide and

sight mount.

I am coming from 5 years of shooting GLOCK open (JP on the slide) so I am

still get used to the difference in grip, recoil, etc., etc.

Edited by matt2ace

I honestly don't have a lot of details on the build, atleast in terms of what specific parts where used. The gun shoots everything from white-box to full major 0 without any spring change. Trigger is crisp as glass at just over 2lb. I came across the gun almost accidentally and purchased it used from Dean Makos. He had shot a few hundred rounds through it and decided to sell it. I cannot get the smiths name from Dean so you would have to contact him for more details.

Here's a shot of the ports. The gun is out to the plater (elecrodeless-nickel) right now so I don't have any better pix right now.

post-12164-1214095093.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry I've been MIA lately, lots of problems keeping me away from work. Anyway things are getting better. I hope this is not violating any rules if it is mod please delete it. I started using the jpoint and doc sights as soon as they came out and have tried many different mounting systems. This one I showed at a Nationals about 10 years ago and no one seemed interested, the comments were mostly " the screen is too small". The advantage of having the dot at close to the same height as iron sights didn't seem popular. So I offered it only as an option on a complete gun, there are a few out there.

From reading the forum it looks like the mini red dots are getting more interest so I would consdier producing this mount if there was enough interest. It is the absolute lowest and best mounting system I tried but does require a little machining on the frame. My most reliable email is rosscarter@cox.net, the web site is still down hopefully for not much longer. Ross

doklr.jpg

Now THAT is where it SHOULD be located. To think, it was done 10 years ago. What's a little frame modification?

As long as front cocking serrations are used on the slide, no need for a cocking lever or extended thumb shield. Very nice.

My new gun came from Dean Makos with a very small, off frame, sight mount for the DrDot. I have no idea who made it, but you might

get in touch with Dean and see if he can help you out.

This mount is about as close to the slide as you can get. I had to have a slight relief cut put in the bottom to stop a bit of rubbing between the mount and the slide.

I believe that particular frame mounted base was built by our Shop on a special order for Dean, since it only had three mounting holes. Since then we have been building similar bases/mounts for Dean utilizing the existing five mounting holes typical to a C-More. Dean (or we) also have it available for right side mounting where it can utilize the right side holes from a serendipity, or should you want to use a holster where the side (on the left side) mount can interfere with holstering. It is built in two different positioning options. The most popular positioning/style places the rear of the mount flush with the barrel's hood at ful opening, eliminating any obtruction to extraction, keeps the lens clean, and locates the dot around the same area as the C-More which helps on the transition. We also experimented with absolute rear mounting, but found that on many guns the empties would hit the lens or edges of the sight and the lens got scratched and/or dirty quickly. Give Dean a call or send me a PM for further information.

Edited by Radical Precision Designs

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anybody making a mount for the Fastfire?

I'm getting sick of the orange dot and blurry FOV of my optima.

I can make my own but do I want to.... not really.

Nick

http://jvdynamics.com/custom_guns/new_parts.php

Fastfire has the same mounting points as a DrDot (or so I am told). This mount might need a notch cut on the left side to allow room for the on/off switch on the Fastfire. I would contact JV and see what they can do for you.

I believe that Radical Precision might also be willing to modify their version of the Dr mount for a fastfire if any mods are needed.

Edited by matt2ace

I know that carter custom has done one but I cant get ahold of him. Does any one know where I could find a mount that has the 5 screw c-more pattern for a doctor sight. take a look at this pic below

manip_Open0077.JPG

HERE'S ONE FOR SALE FROM JVDYNAMICS!

Please email to order.

scope pattern for docter or jpoint/ must specify when ordering.

post-4289-1225314598_thumb.jpg

post-4289-1225314635_thumb.jpg