Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No More Julie?

SA Friday

Today, I heard Goloski is being sponsered by S&W now and no longer Glock from a fairly reliable source. Can anyone confirm this or is this an erroneous rumor?

Just curous, and sorry Julie et al if it's not true or I'm treading in something that I shouldn't be.

WHATEVER Julie does, just don't leave USPSA. IMHO she is one of the best market selling points for Ladies shooting and USPSA in general. I have an 11yo blue eyed, blonde hair daughter, and I keep pointing out to her Lisa Munson and Julie Goloski when she says "girls can't"....

I don't think you will have to worry about J-Go leaving..

also remember back in the heyday..Smith was a big sponsor of USPSA..BE, J Michael, and Judy Wooley used to shoot for them and Smith turned out some nice factory open guns for awhile..

then came the .356TSW affair.. :wacko::(

but to this day..they sponsor Jerry, Doug K, Ernie Langdon and now Julie..

its great to see shooters working for the gun companies..and companies finding great resources in our shooters..

Chris S. of ReadyTac holsters says Julie G. will be shooting a 5906 5" until the M&P has been in production for a year and is eligible for USPSA Production - in November. She will use the M&P elsewhere.

Shes still signed up for Area 8 in Production

I mis the days when there were whole teams being sponsored by the big companies. They would all be wearing the same outfit with the company logo tastefully (and not so tastefully) displayed.

We even had teams in UK. S&W, Tanfoglio, TALArms, Tim Hannam, Para-Ordnance.... those were the days. Maybe we'll see a resurgance. :)

Edited by BritinUSA

This year at the Single Stack Classic, Julie's significant other was shooting on my squad. I had no idea who she was. A couple of stages into the match, I went up to her and said, "Huh come you're not shooting.." I was obviously implying that she should get a gun and some gear and learn to shoot- little did I know. She was very polite and pleasant and responded by telling me that she was shooting the next day. My friend and I stayed an extra day to watch the super squad. Of course she was on the super squad........

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget S&W is also sponsoring Bobby McGee, John Flentz and Ernest Langdon. S&W is back into USPSA in a big way.

S&W also sponsors Dave Harrington, Tom Yost, James Dalton and his son. Rob Haught as well I believe.

:P Julie took top lady production, I believe, in El Salvador this weekend! Way to go JULIE!

Congrats & Way to Go Julie + Happy Birthday! Looking forward to seeing you at Nationals in a few months.

So I'm curious, what happened with her arrangement with Glock?

"If you're not interested in performance, you can still be a great internist, but if you are going to be a surgeon, you should be focused on technique. You should be an absolute nut about how to perform better."

-Albert Starr, M.D. (inventor of the artificial heart valve)"

"...I don't pay my ...nists to think, I pay them to do what I tell them to do..."

Heart Surgeon quoting Albert Starr. My response-

"...I'm sorry, I don't know Albert Starr, but I trained with Denton Cooley( Michael DeBakeys protege') and he encouraged his students to think outside the box..."

:)

So I'm curious, what happened with her arrangement with Glock?

"If you're not interested in performance, you can still be a great internist, but if you are going to be a surgeon, you should be focused on technique. You should be an absolute nut about how to perform better."

-Albert Starr, M.D. (inventor of the artificial heart valve)"

"...I don't pay my ...nists to think, I pay them to do what I tell them to do..."

Heart Surgeon quoting Albert Starr. My response-

"...I'm sorry, I don't know Albert Starr, but I trained with Denton Cooley( Michael DeBakeys protege') and he encouraged his students to think outside the box..."

:)

Glockspeed left a link earlier in this string that leads to another forum string about Julie going to S&W. Julie kind of touches on this in the string. BTW, going from a Glock to an M&P isn't that drastic a change. I looked at one last weekend, and well, lets just say they are very mechanically similar. I forsee aftermarket parts for the trigger etc crop up quickly for them. The grip feels different though, angle of the XD, but has kind of a P99 flavor. Not giggy with the magazine fire disconnect though. Overall, I'm not giving up my glocks for one, but its nice to have a new option out there for other shooters.