Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-36

Limited 82pts 25.22secs 3.2514hf

That damn oversize mag button cost me about 3 seconds. Any others shot this one? I can hardly find a club who has shot this also.

99-36.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

I have shot it.  Early last year (early in my shooting career).

I was able to practice it, during the week after the match.  The key for me then was to hit PP2 as I came into the second position, then PP1, then T5, then T4.

I would like to get a look at that middle array now that I have a bit more experience.  There might be a gamey way to get to the paper on that array?

BigDave:

We shot this last Sunday. I made a bad decision on this one. The wind was blowing so I threw the door open and by my calculations I figured I could get the six shots off before the door came back. Well the door slammed me in the ass on my last shot and I knew the shot was bad, but I didn't make it up. The rest went well. Shot it pretty clean in 13 seconds flat except for hitting the no-shoot and a Mike. Pretty dumb stunt.

• 4 months later...

Open

14 and change for the time.

Had some D's

Whipped the door open, tried to grab the gun too fast.  Missed the grip.  Right thumb was hard into the slide.  Shot the whole stage with the slide moving very slowly.  Threw my timing way off.  My finger waited for the slide to close, and the dot to come back, but my arms kept saying "that's enough time" and moving to the next target.

Oh yeah,  cold and rainy

• 1 year later...

Wow, this one must not get shot much... we shot this today. mpolans got to see me go from GM to A-class by a quarter of an inch.. Darn edger on the no-shoot turned a 97% run into an 84% one.

I ran it twice-- the first time I came into the port, shot PP2, T5, moved on and PP1 and T4.. but they had it set up with forward-falling poppers and one of my paper-shots on T4 got stuck to the steel as it fell, so I went again later to make USPSA happy. That time I came into the port, shot PP2, PP1, T5, T4 and it was all good (except for that pesky NS :angry: )

• 1 month later...

This is one of the two classifiers to be shot at Area 4 match.... Anybody got any ideas or experience on the best way to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Flex, any change on how you would shoot it now?

Mark

I haven't seen it again yet.

I'd be sure not to get too far into the door on the first array. I'd likely want to shoot it right to left. Going from two partial targets to a full target (to leave on).

I doubt I'd change my early way on the second array. Too risky to try to game it. Little gain.

Last array..right to left from the right side of a barricade.

• 3 weeks later...

Popping back in here after reviewing the Area 4 stages...

I think the keys to this stage are a good plan on array 2, and being stable and ready to shoot as soon as you get to the barricade.

If you can, start where you can see all the targets once you open the door and leave on T1. Easier for the lefties.

On array 2 you can try and sneak the shots past the poppers, but they're large enough and close enough that PP2 is shootable well before PP1 is available-- I'd shoot it settling in, hit PP1, then T5 and T4. It's all shootable on the move, but the disaster factor is high.

I shot from the left side of the barricade-- if that works for you, it's much easier to index on the targets coming in. Note that the targets there are much closer together than the diagram would indicate.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Ran this twice.

Run #1 5.2 HF 76%

Run #2 4.9 HF 71%

2nd run I rushed into the 2nd box a little too fast and missed the first steel. Shot the second, and came back to #1 with about 3 shots to nail it down and just kept on pouring them into the paper as the popper fell. :lol:

• 3 years later...

Shot this one this weekend !

Points 85 Time 14.07 HF 6.0412 for an 83.57%

Did it just how Flex discribes it, behind the door, right to left, moving on far left,

at the second array PP2, PP1, T5, T4,.....

• 1 month later...

Shoot this last month.....never know what we are going to shoot so didn't read the tread prior... The door aray is pretty easy right to left to provide a way out, second array I shoot both popper then paper on the move, third aray from the left side of the barricade since you see the targets coming in......I don't really understand why anybody would engage them on the right side....

Left hand Open shooter 86 point 6.2094 HF not sure the natiioal % yet as it's not posted but the HF tool says 85.9011%

If I had to shoot this again I would engage the pp2 then T5 pp1 then T4

• 2 years later...

Shot this one on Sunday. Clearly this classifier doesn't get set up much, because I've been shooting for 9 years and I've NEVER seen it before. So it was alot of fun trying something new to me, yet old enough that Flexmoney's shot it too! :rolleyes: (where you been Flex?)

77 PTS. 10.41 SEC. = 100% IN OPEN DIVISION

I started left to right on the 1st array, for an easy target to draw on. Then shot the 2nd array on the move, starting with PP2, T5, T4, and leaving on PP1, then shot the 3rd position from the RH side of the barricade, going right to left. I had 3 D's but it waz fast & clean!

Alot of you who posted here early on said it was too much risk to shoot the middle array on the move, but I simply applied the fundamentals I've learned from reading Brian's book, and bent my knees, rolled my feet, and moved through the elongated port with ease. B)

Edited by Chris Keen

• 1 year later...

Here's a Video of this stage, I didn't shoot the middle port on the move, not sure its a huge speed advantage to do that or not, I'll have to set it up one day and do some runs on it. Shot it in low 12's I think, I'll post the time and score when I see it, thanks Dan for the video!

12.37 seconds, 80 points 6.4673 HF

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...