Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Mags And Base Pads

JakeMartens

Who/Where is the best source for Para .40 Limited mags?

How many rounds are you getting and what parts are you using?

Who can tune them?

Sold my production gun, and I am going to us my 35% off certificate to get a Para Limited and want to know the best source for mags.

Just get the mags from Para. At best, you may save a dollar somewhere else IF you can find a deal.

With Dawson extensions, Para tubes, Para springs, & Para followers I get 21 rounds that are 100% reliable. However I'm not real comfortable reloading to 21 round mags so I download to 20 rounds.

21 rounds will be a little stiff for a couple of weeks, but will still work perfectly. After that they are good to go.

I've got 10 mags set up exactly the same and have been using them for a year and a half with zero problems.

Who/Where is the best source for Para .40 Limited mags?

How many rounds are you getting and what parts are you using?

Who can tune them?

Sold my production gun, and I am going to us my 35% off certificate to get a Para Limited and want to know the best source for mags.

I've gotten a bunch from Dawson Precision and never had a problem. With his +2 extensions I can easily fit 20 in a mag. No tuning was necessary, they worked perfectly right from day one. Join his shooters club for $5 and get 5% off your purchases and free shipping. Can't beat it.

-Cuz.

I've been using Para mags, springs, and followers.

I got those parts from Brownells - $49.00 for 16 round Nickel

Dawson Precision base pads from Dawson.

I can fit 21 rounds in it if I try real hard, but I download to 20 for simplicity.

They have never needed tuning. I just used a Scotch Brite pad inside the tube to smooth them out and wipe the inside down with a silicone impregnated rag after every match.

Don't forget the Scotch Brite pad treatment when you first get the mags. Get the non-scratching variety.

I've never had a need to lube the inside of the tube.

If you order anything from Dawson, make sure you CALL them. I've yet to have a decent transaction using their online ordering. I just order Dawson stuff from Chuck at Shooters Connection. Chuck knows how to do it right

• 1 month later...

To get 21, did you guys have to cut the spring? I am using a locally made basepad that is supposedly +3 on a P16, however I can only get 18. I think I can squeeze the 19th round but its un-reloadable. If I do buy the Grams spring and follower, can I expect maybe one or two rounds more? :P

I don't know about the Grams, but if you use Para tubes, Para springs, Para followers, and Dawson extensions you will get 21 rounds with 100% reliability. If you want them to be easily reloadable, then load them to 20 rounds.

No need to cut the springs, but the mags will hold 21 rounds much easier after a few uses.

All 10 of my mags hold 21 and I've been using them for around 2 years with no more tuning than the initial scotchbrite treatment.