Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-49

TDean

.........Last pass weak-hand!

This is all "point shooting" folks, see where the bullet impacts the first target and adjust your "turrent" accordingly for the other 5 targets,.....3 times,...fast!

I managed 86pts in 9.13sec.

Happy day, that's my highest yet!

We shot it again a week later at a practice session and I managed 8.36 sec. with a Glock 20 10MM.

http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/cm99-49.pdf

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the trick to this one is when switching to weak-hand, make sure you actually see the sights for the first shot, then point the rest.

I saw a lot of people MIKE the first weak-hand target.

SPEED-E-STANDARDS

Limited    

78 points  

0  penalty

10.90 seconds

7.1560  hf

71.560 %

I shot this Minor (glock 17).  I am a high C shooter at this time.

I have seen this classifier for lots of different shooters.   Everyone seems to do well on it.

Perfect timing on this one guys - we got to shoot it today!!

I did it in 15.36 (sloooowwww) but was only down 2 points.  Hf was 5.7217

I thought about the "point" shoot comment, but decided that aiming was better :-)

(Edited by Shooter Grrl at 2:55 pm on Sep. 27, 2001)

Well, I shot it better this time (Saturday, Sept. 8 '01) but I couldn't get the mag to drop for the first reload. First stage of the morning, cold hands, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. (FYI, 1.19 draw from surrender, 1.94 flubbed reload, 2.04 reload to weak hand, IIRC.)

Warren, Erik M Limited 87 points 0 penalty points 9.62 seconds 9.0437 hit factor

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing *wrong* with that percentage smoney.

Just a little faster and more points, that all. :)

Does your club allow you to reshoot it for classification purposes?  If so, take advantage of it.

• 1 month later...

I shot this one yesterday with a SS 45 drawn out of an IDPA holster, shooting Lim 10.

Time: 11.65

Hit Factor: 7.2

I'm currently unclassified in IPSC, but just made Master in IDPA-CDP.  Assuming this is a representative classifier for me, does anyone have a clue what classification I could expect?

Bill

Bill,

This classifier shows up a lot at matches.

Everyone seems to do well on it.

I don't think that it is consistant with a persons class.  It tends to be everyone's highest classifier.

I shot this one (one of three times) at my first classifier match, last year.  I had gun trouble that day, so I reshot the stages with another gun.  My reshoots somehow got sent in as revolver scores.

http://www.uspsa.org/cgi-bin/lookup_class.cgi?number=a44001

At the time, I was unclassified...probably a D/C shooter.  My percentages for the stages were:  

45%

49%

48%

72%

The 72% was the Speed-E-Standards.  I have seen this same thing while reviewing other shooters scores.  

It sure gives a good feeling...but, it is not a very good representation of shooting level (for classifications anyway).

I like it...helps to balance out some of my strong/weak hand standards.

Kyle,

Thanks for the info, and it's funny that you said that everyone does well on it because there was a guy on my squad who wasn't doing the best, okay he was doing terrible, and while I didn't think I had a great run on the classifier I NEVER thought he could beat me and he did.  And meanwhile the open gun shooters on my squad seemed happy with runs that were in the 10.50-12 sec range, so I was confused.  I don't think this classifier was a good test of skill, it was too close, more a test of pointing and blasting than skill.

Bill

bill, is pointing and blasting not a skill?

actually i think these things are very good to have once in a while, a confidence boost for lower class shooters, and it is up close, it teaches you "how much" you need to see to get the shot off, nothing like blazing to make a man feel good!!!

that said, i only shot it in the 70's i'm slow! ( the pecent, not the decade

• 4 weeks later...

Shot this one last night for a production classifier.  Glock 34, Blade-Tech Holster.  Indexed on the first target, indexed my way across, reloaded and shot back from right to left, reloaded, and took a flash sight picture on the first target, then rode that index all the way across.  15.82 seconds, 76 points, 13 As, 3 Cs, 2 Ds.

• 1 month later...

Well, we set her up this morning and got after it. Kinda rusty from snowmobiling instead of shooting. Ripped it off in 8.6 seconds but had some problems (like I missed). Shot it slow and easy just to get one to mail in and got a HF of 8.26. Only down 2 points. I was really slow on the draw and even slower weak handed.

Shot it yesterday in 9.54sec, 85pts., 8.7HF.  One bad reload.

Shot it cold: no warm ups, no dry runs, no muligans, no practicing it for a week before the match, no grandbagging.

Shot as a test of skill on demand, this classifer felt good.

(Edited by John Thompson at 8:00 am on Jan. 28, 2002)

John:

I have had a lot of discussions with guys about the notion of "on demand" vs. "best effort". On this particular classifier, I can shoot a HF of around 8.3 on demand, day in and day out and I feel pretty good about that.  Still, the high HF is based on the very best efforts of the very best shooters and the idea of "on demand" classification isn't the way the game is played.

I feel really good when I shoot a great classifier cold and on demand. I am also realistic enough to know that if a guy flat misses, drops a magazine, etc. that the classifier doesn't represent their true and known ability. Under those circumstances, a reshoot is not only in order, it should be required.

In my case, the first classifier that I shot would not have been thrown out, but it would have brought my average into the middle B class. I reshot the classifier because I am "borderline" and I think I will move up to A class. Had I not reshot, I would be listening to guys call me a sandbagger...