Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-37

BigDave

I still suck, but I am improving. Albeit sloooooooowly...

30.68 Sec's
100 pts
3.2595 hf

Calling your shots here, is SOOOOOOOO important.

Had one Mike, but with all that hard cover, its not surprising. Still not acceptable though, the mike, that is.

http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/cm99-37.pdf

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

Big Dave:

This is a pretty tough classifier...tougher than it looks. I shot it with a limited pistol a couple of months ago and I thought I did really well, but the per cent came back at a little over 59. I had great reloads, but the slow draw and horrible weak hand string just killed me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok..I'm beginning to think the numbers on this classifier are flawed.  I shot this classifier over the weekend and am trying to move from a high C to B in Limited 10.  I did it in 27.15 sec @ 95 points and no misses (HF = 3.5).  Previous to my run, two local GM in Limited ran the same at 20.32 @ 100pts (HF = 4.92) and 24.55 @ 100 pts (HF = 4.07).  So I'm figuring  "Hey, these guys are GM's in Limited...I'm a C in Limited 10...I'm pretty close so I'll probably have the 55 pts I needed to make B in Limited 10.

Get home and run the numbers....now unless my calculation of the HHF for CM99-37 is wrong, I came up with 8.00 in Limited 10 which means my run was at 43% and the GM's were at 61% and 50%  To make matters more intersting, I looked around the USPSA Top 20 for shooters who've shot this before...the best I could find was 72% for a GM in Limited.  I would guess the HHF for Limited and Limited 10 are about the same on this one.

Now if you reverse engineer this stage an 8.00 HF and 105 pts makes 13.1sec..  figure 1.5 sec for a draw and 3 mag reloads at 1s/per (which is probably a bit fast) which gives 8.6 seconds to fire 21 rounds into some pretty tight targets.

I'd like to see the guy who did that!  Is this one of those "can't win" classifiers or one that everone but me stacks the rounds on and hopes no one notices?

>8.6 seconds to fire 21

.41 splits, plenty of time for a GM. Maybe not for that 15 yard target.

I was looking at it, figuring a 1.5 draw, .5 splits/indexes, and 1.5 reloads, which comes to 11 seconds. So a 13 seems very doable.

Classifiers are sometimes very humbling. I personally have a Limited 53% on this one from a couple years ago, right before I got an M card.

Quote: from Erik Warren on 12:30 pm on April 23, 2002

>8.6 seconds to fire 21

.41 splits, plenty of time for a GM. Maybe not for that 15 yard target.

I was looking at it, figuring a 1.5 draw, .5 splits/indexes, and 1.5 reloads, which comes to 11 seconds. So a 13 seems very doable.

Classifiers are sometimes very humbling. I personally have a Limited 53% on this one from a couple years ago, right before I got an M card.

Well unless I'm missing something in your math...

draw 1.5 seconds

21 rounds at .5s/splits = 10.5

3 reloads @ 1.5s = 4.5

total = 16.5sec

Quote: from actionshooter on 5:00 pm on April 23, 2002

How did you get the 8.0 hit factor? I recently shot this one and haven't been able to find anything on it.

Steve

To get the hit factor for any stage....

1) go to google.com and enter cm99-xx (where xx is the classifier number.

2) go to one of the links that has "match results" for that classifier

3) Note the shooters USPSA number and their hitfactor for that stage.

4) go to the USPSA website and put that shooters USPSA number in and look up their percentage for that classifier....

I'll let you complete the math.

Steve, thanks for posting how to get the high power factors. I couldn't figure out how you could get them. I just sat here for an hour looking up the 8 classifiers that I shoot in the last 3 weeks tring to figure out what class I will be in. Unfortuntly I can't find any production scores so I did the math based on limited class (I shoot production). My average is 33.3% of the top limited scores. Do you think in production this will make me a C shooter ?

One thing I should have added regarding my "method" is to check a few shooters to verify you've calculated the correct hit factor. Sometimes, a shooter will reshoot the classifier and only THAT run will show up on the USPSA website (note, the USPSA changed things recently and now list ALL runs for a classifier).  If you don't check at least 2 shooters, its possible you can end  up with the wrong HHF for a stage.  

Philadelphia Gunman -- C class in any division ranges between 40% and 60%

• 6 months later...

Shot this classifier this weekend for the first time ever.  Shot it with a Glock 34, production division.  All those reloads with production gear was wild.  Anyway:

20.24 seconds

95 points

4.6937 HF

Went left to right on all the runs.  Draw and reloads were OK.  I did fire two extra rounds on the far left target because I called one shot a D and wasn't sure at all about the other one.

Dave, we just shot this one at South Central. I was actually the high limited shooter (all C and D's, one B) with a 97 in 31.23 HF 2.7858 one mike on T1, a makeup on T2, and two shots at one of the poppers. 3QT was 2 seconds faster but two mikes and lower hits.

• 1 month later...

Big Fat 0%.  My first Classifier and the First Match with my new Blaster.  My gun fell out of my holster Thursday and landed on the rear sight.  I did not get to sight it in before the match.  To hit the poppers I had to aim completely off the steel to get a hit.  7 Mikes.  Luckly I got it close by the last stage, 35 yard classic targets.

• 6 months later...

Thanks, DB, I didn't know about that thread.

I moved the controversial posts from this thread into that one.

Anybody else wishing to read about stacking or procedure on this one, please read the thread mentioned above. Let's keep this thread about hit factors and techniques.

Edited by Erik Warren

• 5 months later...

Just got back from shooting this one. Calling the shot is SO important here.

Production - 97 points in 20.76...Should come in around 86%.

L10 - 99 points in 23.xx....Should come in around 76%.

Limited - 90 points in 19.xx...Should come in around 83%.

Threw a mike on the first target in the limited run...uncalled. That mike was the difference between 83% and 97%!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...