Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolvers That Are Not Legal In Uspsa

hdgun

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have know better than trying to argue with a trail lawyer! Yup, Mike you are right about the gun handling qualities when going at warp speed down a hallway, around a barricade,etc. but when you are in your 60's, weigh 280 and your eyes can't see a grasshopper at 50 yds. you will see the 610 has many advantages over the shorter, lighter 625.

Again, I would like to see you, Dan or Cliff give one an honest try for a couple of months and you would see for yourself. I also mentioned Tom Kettels in my earlier post but forgot to mention John Burkholder, believe me, he is the real deal, if he goes to nationals it will really be a shootout.

One last thing and I'll shut up. It's very important to get as much cylinder chamfer as you possibly can with the 610 & still be safe & reliable. My oldest son is a world class gunsmith, he doesn't do a lot of handgun work, focusing more or high end rifles (money) but he is a very accomplished pistolsmith also. At one time he was the youngest member of the gunmakers guild in the USA. This isn't a plug for my son, he's busier than he wants to be but he did all the work on my 3 610's and those of my shooting buddies and believe me, reloading them isn't a problem.

Good luck at nationals, remember what I said about Burkholder.

Dick

Good luck at nationals, remember what I said about Burkholder.

Yes, John B. is a very solid shooter. The only time I've bumped heads with him at a USPSA match was last year's Area 3, where he pushed me into second at 96% after receiving a favorable ruling on some penalties that had been assessed against him on the classifier. I've improved quite a bit since then, but I suspect John has too, I saw on the posted results how well he did at Bud Bond's ICORE match earlier this month--pretty impressive.

The 2006 USPSA Nationals will be interesting! Last year Cliff was the first to surpass the 85% mark against Jerry, with a couple more of us over 80%. Will somebody manage to hit 90% or better against Jerry in 2006? Guess we'll find out! :)

Edited by Carmoney

Hmmmm! Maybe a 610 with a .45+hogged out chamfer? Can the cases take it?

Once. :mellow:

I've got a M28 like that.

Seems like Bubber accidentally picked up a friends loaded moon clip and ran it through his 625 one time, the friend was shooting a 610 at the time... :rolleyes:

Hmmmm! Maybe a 610 with a .45+hogged out chamfer? Can the cases take it?

Once. :mellow:

I've got a M28 like that.

Seems like Bubber accidentally picked up a friends loaded moon clip and ran it through his 625 one time, the friend was shooting a 610 at the time... :rolleyes:

Yea but it reloads real good!!!! They just fall in. But you can only shoot it once then buy new brass. :wacko:

If I remember correctly, once upon a time, A young man from Florida started shooting this game with a 610. It wasn't until he won one at an area 2 match that he got his first 625. am I recalling this correctly mystery man?

Good memory Tom. I ran a 610 for a full year (the year I won the points series no less). It is a good gun and made major with soft shooting loads (6.5 inch). As with any gun (Bubber and his 686), a good shooter can hold his or her own. The 625 is faster to load. At the top of the game, you win or lose stage by fractions so every tick of the clock you can save really makes a difference. If you want to go out and have fun, shoot what you got. If you want to shoot for second at the nationals, get a 625.

I was going to stay out of this "discussion" and just watch until now so here it goes.

Damn Cliff, be quiet.....Let all the 610 guys show up at the 20 stage Nationals and have thier "fumbled reload"....which we all have and it includes Mr. Miculek. ;) Some just do it faster than others, and some not as often. <_<

On "Space gun' revolvers......

In USPSA/IPSC you are allowed 6 shots before reloading, it does not say you can't use the 7 and 8 shot guns....but why ask for trouble? ;)

On Modifying guns, my take (remeber my sig line on opinions) It is a revolver, just make sure you load after 6 shots......I like the idea of the "Frankengun" but all that "good stuff" isn't worth one piss if you don't know how to take advantage of it (IF there is any advantage at all). <_<

My take on the Ti cylinder.....Originally meant to lengthen cylinder life around the locking slots, and I'm sure it does. Also takes out some of the "torque" of the gun, and I'm sure it does. I've seen a few, have not tried one out except the one in my 646 (shoots fine, but too light)....For each his/her own but I'll stick with steel of some sort. ;)(DID see a fellow down at the Space City match with a hole in his hand from the ejector rod because his ti cylinder got sticky after the first few reloads, and he was cleaning it with an electric drill between stages.

Yes Dr, Dremmell is correct, I too started with a 610. I could shoot it as good as the 625 I switched to (better at long range stuff) but I would still be using it if it was as good a platform for our game as the 625......or 25 that I am currently testing out....Next test the KENTUCKY OPEN/ Sectional see some of you there.

As to the big 3.........They are not the big 3...........They are only the NOISIEST 3 of the bunch! :lol:

Sure would like to see Mr. Burkholder at Barry, Also Rudy, and Dillard, and Jack Grahm, and Rich Bitow, and Jason Petitt, and Vick Pickett......You get the idea by now.....you know any of them, please attempt to get them to come play.....and any others who shoot one of these side feeding, multi reloading, ancient art forms that are'nt designed to be shot in "ACTION PISTOL" sports. ;)

Now remember my old signature line........

"Remember the K.I.S.S. meathod"

AND remember my current signature line....

"Opinions are like Noses and Asses.........Everybody has one, and some of them SMELL" :blink:

Good luck to all, good shooting to all, but most important ......

BE safe and HAVE FUN !!!!!! :)

HILLJACK......I mean Hopalong. B)

Started this IPSC thing myself with a 610, with the exception of the unfluted cylinder, thought it was great revolver. Even when I went to a 625, still missed the load I had been using in the 610. That is until I started using Berry's 185 HBRN in the 625....like those quick, snappy loads. Now I'm totally 100% with the "625 is Number 1" crowd.

But no matter what you use, it's still skill & ability that makes the magic happen :D

My take on the Ti cylinder.....For each his/her own but I'll stick with steel of some sort. ;)(DID see a fellow down at the Space City match with a hole in his hand from the ejector rod because his ti cylinder got sticky after the first few reloads, and he was cleaning it with an electric drill between stages.

I too have observed, although they insist their hi-tech chambers don't get sticky, the shooters with Ti cylinders do seem to brush, brush, brush their guns at the safe areas between stages. (Sometimes you even hear brushing sounds coming from the plastic shitters....) ;) I can literally shoot multiple matches with my 625 without ever once brushing the chambers, and never have the gun get sticky.

Sure would like to see Mr. Burkholder at Barry, Also Rudy, and Dillard, and Jack Grahm, and Rich Bitow, and Jason Petitt, and Vick Pickett......You get the idea by now.....

I agree.....there are lots of wheelgunners out there, particularly those who've been playing the local classifier game, who need to quit hiding and STEP UP to the big show in Barry! ;)

Now I have to defend myself and the others who have the Ti-cylinders. I have never had any problems with the brass getting sticky with my Ti. I don't clean the cylinders between stages, not a bad idea though. I don't have alot of rounds through mine yet but so far so good. My whole take on this thing is much ado about nothing. I think USPSA sees us as a nothing division, unless someone is really raising a stink, they don't care about us. I highly doubt if any Ro would have spotted a couiple of extra holes in the lug of someones revolver. But better safe than sorry. As long as it doesn't have a dot on it or some comp that might be an advantage to somebody, lets just shoot. This is my hobby, I spend more $$ on this than my Harley(Not even close). If I want to spend x amount of dollars on the newest thing for my wheelie, that my choice. If Mike wants to hack up his guns with a dremel, that his choice :o . It all comes down to the results at the end of the match, If I think my Ti cylinder gives me a mental advantage over the next guy, it was worth it to me. Would I have been farther ahead to spend the money on training and components, who knows. You get out of this sport what you want. I like shooting a revolver, I will take on anyone with a revolver any day, I don't care what kind or what you did to it. The equipment is just a small part of the equation in my mind.

Tom

Now I have to defend myself and the others who have the Ti-cylinders. I have never had any problems with the brass getting sticky with my Ti. I don't clean the cylinders between stages, not a bad idea though. I don't have alot of rounds through mine yet but so far so good. My whole take on this thing is much ado about nothing. I think USPSA sees us as a nothing division, unless someone is really raising a stink, they don't care about us. I highly doubt if any Ro would have spotted a couiple of extra holes in the lug of someones revolver. But better safe than sorry. As long as it doesn't have a dot on it or some comp that might be an advantage to somebody, lets just shoot. This is my hobby, I spend more $$ on this than my Harley(Not even close). If I want to spend x amount of dollars on the newest thing for my wheelie, that my choice. If Mike wants to hack up his guns with a dremel, that his choice :o . It all comes down to the results at the end of the match, If I think my Ti cylinder gives me a mental advantage over the next guy, it was worth it to me. Would I have been farther ahead to spend the money on training and components, who knows. You get out of this sport what you want. I like shooting a revolver, I will take on anyone with a revolver any day, I don't care what kind or what you did to it. The equipment is just a small part of the equation in my mind.

Tom

End of discussion..................Good post Tom......

Now Tom,

Don't get all excited about this, you just fell off a roof....It CAN'T be good for you. ;)

Just to make sure anything I posted did not stir you up. I did post...."To each His/Her own, I'll take steel." I just had to mention the other, as Mine on my 646 was bad sticky after the first 6 shots.....UNTIL I polished it out, now no poblems....even when shooting "Major" loads out of it....Not often though as it is WAY too light for more than 4 or 5 shots.

SEE what you did........I wanted to hear what the last of the "Noisy 3" had to say. :lol::lol::lol:

You and Many others are agreeing here(me too) that it is pretty much like this....

Keep it a 6 gun.....

NO PORTS or COMPS......

IRON SIGHTS......

all else go ahead and do what you want, just keep it SAFE !!!!!

If we want to tinker.....TINKER

If we want to shoot a stock gun, So be it.

Now let's get to the important stuff........

HOW can we get all the REVO shooters out there to attend the Nationals???????

HOPALONG

My brass doesn't stick in my cylinders, even when I don't brush. I do brush when it is handy to keep the crud level down. I also check for loose screws and other things.

I've also been known to floss my teeth and wash my feet every day. Maybe I have some strange disease? :rolleyes:

My brass doesn't stick in my cylinders, even when I don't brush. I do brush when it is handy to keep the crud level down. I also check for loose screws and other things.

I've also been known to floss my teeth and wash my feet every day. Maybe I have some strange disease? :rolleyes:

Actually, this might be an OCD thing, I remember a lot of pin shooters would brush after

their 1st 3 tables and between each 8 pin run :mellow:

I know everytime I DIDN'T brush I'd mess up the reload.

A clean revo is a happy revo ! sorry, Now back to the thread!

Actually, this might be an OCD thing, I remember a lot of pin shooters would brush after

their 1st 3 tables and between each 8 pin run :mellow:

I know everytime I DIDN'T brush I'd mess up the reload.

A clean revo is a happy revo ! sorry, Now back to the thread!

I'll admit to the OCD with a side of AR (anal retentiveness). :P

If Mike wants to hack up his guns with a dremel, that his choice :o .

Hacked????? Hacked?????

Take a look at my hammer. It exhibits nothing but the finest rotary craftsmanship. I even applied a lovely brushed satin finish (after knocking off all the MIM sprues, of course).

HOW can we get all the REVO shooters out there to attend the Nationals???????

HOPALONG

Well for me it would be lower fee's. I didn't post it but I was offerd a slot to the Nationals

thru the wait list, after adding up all the costs I just couldn't justify it.

Gas prices, bullet prices, air fare costs, it's all killing me this year, I'll be doing "drive to"

matches and some of those USPSA matches might be shot with lead (yuck)

And I'm one of those greedy guys that wants to win something besides a plaque !

(or at least try to !)

SEE what you did........I wanted to hear what the last of the "Noisy 3" had to say. :lol::lol::lol:

You and Many others are agreeing here(me too) that it is pretty much like this....

Keep it a 6 gun.....

NO PORTS or COMPS......

IRON SIGHTS......

all else go ahead and do what you want, just keep it SAFE !!!!!

If we want to tinker.....TINKER

If we want to shoot a stock gun, So be it.

Now let's get to the important stuff........

HOPALONG

but... but... but that's what I said

Not Noisy Nemo

I'm a real unconcerned chap when it comes to Revo equipment. "Got a round thing in the middle, with six holes?" Check. "No comps, ports or optics?" Check. "Then get shootin, son."

If someone wants to make their wheelgun with a ten inch bull barrel they've lathe-turned from a naval cannon, I don't care. Is it safe? Does it damage the equipment? If the answers are "Yes" and "No" then what's the problem? If they think that bolting an anvil dampens recoil, well, go for it. I don't care.

The match is won (wait, let me re-phrase that).....second place is won by the guy who shoots fast and accurate, reloads when he needs to, and reloads fast and smooth. The rest doesn't count for much at all.

If they think that bolting an anvil dampens recoil, well, go for it. I don't care.

Thanks for the idea Pat....I think I remember seeing an ACME anvil on TV once....