Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For Advice On New .40 Ccw Gun

I am looking at getting a new pistol for CCH and I think I have narrowed it down to the Glock 27 or the SA-XD 40 Sub-Compact.

I have not had an opportunity to shoot wither of these but just in handling them I like the fit of both. Has anyone shot these pistols side by side or does anyone have any experience with these pistols?

Thanks!

Xd 40 sub here.

Great pistol

Lifetime grantee

I Love mine and carry it 24/7 in either a comptac c-tac or Crossbreed super tuck.

Great shooter as accurate as my XD tac I use for comp. same controls.

Grip safety and angle close to 1911.

Canyon-creek does excellent trigger jobs and makes the trigger similar to 1911 quality.

Here is a pic I had it refinished with Blue Gun kote in my crossbreed

If you happen to be in Mi I will let you take mine for a test drive

post-5716-1147962460_thumb.jpg

Edited by R/T Performance

Xd 40 sub here.

Great pistol

Lifetime grantee

I Love mine and carry it 24/7 in either a comptac c-tac or Crossbreed super tuck.

Great shooter as accurate as my XD tac I use for comp. same controls.

Grip safety and angle close to 1911.

Canyon-creek does excellent trigger jobs and makes the trigger similar to 1911 quality.

Here is a pic I had it refinished with Blue Gun kote in my crossbreed

If you happen to be in Mi I will let you take mine for a test drive

+1 vote for the Springfield XD SubCompact series

I have a 9mm XD SubCompact and I love it!

+1 on the XD Sub Compact. Highly reliable, portable, and accurate subcompact pistol. The only downside is that it is a little bit thick vs. a single stack type pistol.

I have been really thinking about getting a new S&W M&P for carry. It is about the same size as a Commander 1911, thinner than a Glock or SA and feels much better to me in the hand.

Just a thought

Funny that you mention that. I was reading another board and someone was talking about the M&P. I think I may go to the shop and see how it feels. IIRC it is a little longer than the other 2 and that is a concern. At work I have to wear business casual so.... of course there is the 5.11 vest...

I HAD an XD9SC, but my wife took it as her CCW. I am in the same position as you. I am looking to buy a .40S&W CCW. Right now, I am leaning towards getting a HK P2000SK w/ LEM trigger. I have two XDs already and want to expand my horizons.

how about considering the Glock 23? just as easy to CC and a lot more fun to shoot than that 27!

It was one I considered but I work in an environment where business casual is the norm. I considerd a vest or soemthing but I work outside a lot and that would make it hot.... Of course at work I would probably lock it in a vault or something similar.

Edited by Mangahunterd

I love the way the XD shoots. I live in Florida and when off duty Im in shorts and a T shirt a lot. That being the case med to small frame works best for me. This being said I find myself most of the time carrying a small frame SP101 or a Keltec 32. I do shoot both with the rounds that "live" in them. At one time I was very big on the size of the round, however in my line of work I meet a lot of people who have been shot. What I have come to know as fact is shot placement beats size of bullet very time. I guess if I lived in a place where it was cooler outside I might opt for a bigger round/gun like the XD cuz it do shoot good. Long story painfully longer which ever you carry be good with it. Both guns are fine for what you want to do with them. Good luck and hope you always shoot straight but never have too(outside of the range)

Best,

Charlie

+1 on the HK. I carry and compete with a full size USP .40. I have shot the 9mm USP compact a bunch and it is a great feeling smaller carry gun and it shoots really nice.

My favorite thing about the HK is that it will eat any ammo and I have had less than 1 jam per 1200 rounds of ammo. I don't know if 100% jam/error free is possible but even one is bad if it is the one need when the bad guys is in front of you. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Glock 27 is the perfect carry gun in my opinion. Very small pistol, plenty of firepower, comfortable in a IWB kydex holster and RELIABLE!

I have no experience with the XD

+ 1 on the xd. I carry the xd and my shooting buddy carries the Glock. He wouldn't trade his glock for anything and I wouldn't trade the xd for anything ! The xd points better for me, but the glock points better for him. Both are very reliable and very concealable. Both shoot just fine. SO I would suggest which ever feels the best and points the best for you !

• 3 weeks later...