Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timer Question?

With all due respect to anyone selling timers, I would wait a few more days for some reports on the CED 7000.

I'll say it again, if it works like a timer is supposed to, it is going to be the timer that everyone else has to improve on or copy to stay in the timer business.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as how out of everyone that has responded thus far has more posts than I, take my recommendation with a grain of salt.

I love my Pocket Pro 2 timer! I have friends that have crono equipment, so I had no need for using my timer for such. The PP2 is also relatively inexpensive.

I picked up a MK-IV Pact with the chronograph kit. VERY nice, I can't think of a single thing it won't do that any other timer out there will do other than the big display board. It has so many features it is just amazing.

+1 to the PACT Club timer.

Another option- I got a refurbished Speedtimer 3000 off of EBay for >$70. It's equal to the club timer for practice or match use.

Also, as Brian's PACT product page states- if you are ever going to Chrono your ammo, you should seriously look at the PACT MK-IV.

I had my Pocket Pro 2 timer for 3 mins before I broke it. I put the battery in backwards.

That caused a diode to fall off the board. I did not relize diode fell off and I re put the batterty in the correct postion.

All I got was a black lcd scren. When I removed the battery thats when I noticed the rattle of the diode in the case. I did try to repot the diode on the bord. I got the timer to beep once then it would not work anymore. I wondering if when the battery was put in the correct postion without the diode on the board if it fried something else.

I did called the vendor who just gave me the Manuf contact number.

Now the timer is back getting fixed or replaced.

One thing I would like to see is the old 9V attachments used. They are idot proof.