Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why I Love Texas

Merlin Orr

Texas is like indiana, they kinda of figure that most people have been raised with guns and don't need a class on how to and when to fire them. BUT you anin't got no trees in TX!

Well, an East TX butt load is about a metric tonne. Now if you drive about 1100 miles (through the dense pine, oak and hickory forrests) to West TX, a butt load will fill about 1/2 of a 71 caddy's trunk. The main difference is related to the increased size of the East TX butt due to the Germanic genetic drift influence over the slightly shorter - but just as wide - Hispanic butt.. Hope this clears up your confusion, Sandoz.

Gary

All the things I have ever posted to help others understand the unbridled glory and greatness of my beloved home state of Texas suddenly seem pale and insignificant after seeing your post..... ;)

You are truely Da Man. :D

Texas is like indiana..., BUT you anin't got no trees in TX!

G+16,

You've been watching to much TV and B movies. Come to Texas and see for yourself. We've got sandy beaches, coastal plains, pine forests so thick you'll never find your way out, hard wood forests, grass covered prairies, rolling hills covered with cedar and all manner of oak trees, high desert, mountains, inland sand dunes. Everything. Come spend a few weeks just trying to see it all. And oh by the way, you'll be able to schedule your vaction so as to get in a pistol match every Saturday and every Sunday of the year, year round except for Christmas weekend.

;)

:wub:

Edited by Steve J

Steve, you forgot to mention that G+16 should make sure he comes at the right time of the year. Summer... Enjoy the 96 deg. heat and the 98% humidity of Houston and Dallas. If that's not to your liking, head to West Texas and experience intense 105 deg. dry heat and hot winds.

You haven't lived until you've shot a match in a Texas summer -- by 9am you're sweating buckets; by 1pm you're wondering if you got heat stroke. By 2pm you're willing to leave $30 worth of .38 super shells on the ground just to get into your air conditioned car and head home.

You gotta love traffic to love Texas.

As far as the Dallas Cheerleaders, don't know anyone that has ever dated one. I probably just hang out with the wrong crowd.

Newguy,

I would give just about anything to be in Texas right now. The 95-degree heat sounds like heaven if it means I'm home. God knows I miss it. I miss my friends and family.

You don't have to like traffic to be in Texas. In some West Texas towns, if you sit through one light cycle, that's a major traffic jam. I can live with that.

Ya'll enjoy the shooting season this year. Shoot well. I'm living vicariously through you.

Liota

-in the ROK

Steve, you forgot to mention that G+16 should make sure he comes at the right time of the year. Summer... Enjoy the 96 deg. heat and the 98% humidity of Houston and Dallas. If that's not to your liking, head to West Texas and experience intense 105 deg. dry heat and hot winds.

You haven't lived until you've shot a match in a Texas summer -- by 9am you're sweating buckets; by 1pm you're wondering if you got heat stroke. By 2pm you're willing to leave $30 worth of .38 super shells on the ground just to get into your air conditioned car and head home.

You gotta love traffic to love Texas.

As far as the Dallas Cheerleaders, don't know anyone that has ever dated one. I probably just hang out with the wrong crowd.

After experiencing 125 degrees in Iraq and 140 degrees with Houston humidity in Kuwait, summer in Texas is sheer pleasure and child's play. Come to think of it. I never did mind it growing up. I get in a match every Saturday and every Sunday. The sweat is no sweat. Hydrate, use sun block, and quit your whinning. :P:D

Edited by Steve J