Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Congratulations To Carmoney

hopalong

"Not so New" revolver shooter Mike Carmoney jumped divisons and ends up 31st overall at the Single Stack Nationals !!!! :):D:):D

Way to go!!!!!!!

Now I dont' want to hear another word from you about shooting a bottom feeder.....even though the single stack is OLD SCHOOL!! ;)

HOPALONG

Are the results up somewhere?

Never mind. I found them.

And from the way Mike was talking about how bad he did when I saw him Friday after the match, I thought maybe I had beat him for a change.

Edited by Keith

I'll have to read the single stack rules. Would an 8 shot revolver make the SS guys whine?

If they have an RO match at the Open Nationals I'll probably break down and shoot my wife's gun for fun.

The hardest part of switching from revolver to bottom feeders is telling your parents you're gay. If you only do it once in a while you can claim it's only for fun. If you do it all the time however, you gotta face the facts....

Mike shot a solid match. He didnt get an A on the standards when he had all his shots all As but a couple of Cs.....you could see where the second shot went through the paster.....an admittedly new RO made the call, but Mike took it well. He was also vindicated on a heavy popper that wouldnt fall for his 190PF Wolf ammo either....

Mike shot a good match period, and it was fun to watch! Not bad for being a poster child for Team Uncle Mikes and Wolf ammo..... :lol:

DougC

Edited by DougC

Mike shot a solid match. He didnt get an A on the standards when he had all his shots all As but a couple of Cs.....you could see where the second shot went through the paster.....an admittedly new RO made the call, but Mike took it well. He was also vindicated on a heavy popper that wouldnt fall for his 190PF Wolf ammo either....

Mike shot a good match period, and it was fun to watch! Not bad for being a poster child for Team Uncle Mikes and Wolf ammo..... :lol:

DougC

oooooooooh, is Sportman's Warehouse sponsoring shooters now?

I think we need to call an emergency meeting of the Brotherhood of Revolver Enthusiast's, it seems we have a trader amongst us. :ph34r:
I thought he made enough money that he didn't have to trade guns to get new ones. ;)

ETA: Congrats, Mike!

Edited by revchuck

The hardest part of switching from revolver to bottom feeders is telling your parents you're gay. If you only do it once in a while you can claim it's only for fun. If you do it all the time however, you gotta face the facts....

WM,

The funniest thing I've read lately! This is the kind of abuse usually saved for Hoppy or Master Cliff :D

Dave

Congratulations Mike. B)

But does this mean they will put an asterik next to your name on the Revo Squads?

Or is it your claim that the SS was ACTUALLY shooting with a disadvantage, due to the full moons not fitting properly in the magwell.

Jim

Congratulations Mike. :)

How hard was it to count to 8 or did you reload after every 6?

Don't let Sam near the bottom feeder. It might be contagious. B)

WM,

The funniest thing I've read lately! This is the kind of abuse usually saved for Hoppy or Master Cliff :D

Dave

I'm just glad Walt didn't use the term "bottom-stuffer." Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Thanks for the nice comments from all you fine folks here on the Revo forum. (And as for the rest of you rotten bastards.....) ;)

I really like the new Single Stack division concept, and I enjoy shooting the SSC with basic stuff: a pretty much stock (only slightly dremelized) ugly-cool green Springfield Loaded, Woof ammo (that stuff works great, and I can pick up the empties with one of those big roofing nail magnets!), and Uncle Mike's "leather."

I had a few rough stages, but was pretty pleased with my overall performance, particularly since I'm still pretty new at this ipsick stuff.

Those of you who travel to Iowa this October to shoot the Iowa Revolver-Only Championship can also bring your 1911s and shoot the Iowa Single Stack match as well!! Old school, baby!! Retro-cool!!

As President of the forementioned "Rotten Bastards Club", :lol: Congrats to Mike and Keith. Looking over the results, you guys should be proud of your finish. Some of the names around you guys in the standings were some pretty tough competition.

Tom

Edited by Tom Mainus

The reason Mike's so good in Revo, is he's learned the trick. When you run out of fingers on the support hand it's time to reload. And we all know Mike never takes his strong hand off the Revo. Shooting the bottom-feeder with only a finger and a thumb can be done, but it does slow you down.

Seriously, good job Keith and Mike looked like quite a few "M's" below you guys.

As President of the forementioned "Rotten Bastards Club", :lol: Congrats to Mike and Keith. Looking over the results, you guys should be proud of your finish. Some of the names around you guys in the standings were some pretty tough competition.

Tom

HEY! I want an important sounding title in the Rotten Bastards Club too! How about Senior Vice President of Genealogy? My slogan? "Who's yer Daddy?"

:lol:

WM,

Dave

I'm just glad Walt didn't use the term "bottom-stuffer." Not that there's anything wrong with that....

I won't digress into semantics, but if the shoe fits....

looked like quite a few "M's" below you guys.

Waltermitty should have some fun with this one.....(sigh).....

Nope, no, nothing to work with there. Now if he'd said behind you i'd have something to work with. ;)

Edited by Waltermitty

Hey what about me I finished 171 and thats 1 ahead of 172. :D

Sheez, Dean.....you're actually voluntarily entering this discussion?? I was going to congratulate you on your performance at the SSC, but figured I would spare you the hassle from these guys. (I'll tell ya, this Waltermitty character has been getting awfully lippy recently. Apparently he needs another reminder of who's boss.)

Hey, good luck out in CO! Tell everybody Sam and I said hello!

Hey what about me I finished 171 and thats 1 ahead of 172. :D

Sheez, Dean.....you're actually voluntarily entering this discussion?? I was going to congratulate you on your performance at the SSC, but figured I would spare you the hassle from these guys. (I'll tell ya, this Waltermitty character has been getting awfully lippy recently. Apparently he needs another reminder of who's boss.)

Hey, good luck out in CO! Tell everybody Sam and I said hello!

I know *exactly* who's boss, She's letting me go to Topeka in two weeks to play guns with a bunch similar "Honeydew" refugees.

:wub:

I know *exactly* who's boss, She's letting me go to Topeka in two weeks to play guns with a bunch similar "Honeydew" refugees.

We call that a hall pass in my house. I'm supposed to bring back a really nice anniversary gift. I wonder what's going to be on the prize table????

We call that a hall pass in my house. I'm supposed to bring back a really nice anniversary gift. I wonder what's going to be on the prize table????

I can almost write the obituary myself...

...the Coroners' report indicated a substance known as Pro Grip™ had apparently been used as a suppository during a domestic dispute...;)

Progrip.doc

Edited by Waltermitty