Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Belt Sizing Advice?

chrisjohn

Standard suggestion is 2" above your waist size. Based on my experience, I'd say 4"... it will allow you to completely cover the velcro at the back of the outer belt. You'll end up with a decent amount of extra inner belt, though...

For you, 36" or 38" is fine :)

Picked the Cr speed belt and I have a 34 inch waist, so what's a good length to get that I won't "grow" out of, not that I plan on it. Basically what's the longest length that is managable.

I wear 34 inch jeans and recently bought a used 46 inch cr speed belt.

I had to cut about four inches off it because the overlap was just too much.

Were I buying a new one I would buy a 40 or 42 to allow for expansion.

Definately wouldn't buy smaller than 40.

al

I have a 36 waist, and my first CR Belt was a 38" that I have used for over 2 years, and it works just fine, but I recently ordered a second CR belt and ordered a 40". Should be more overlap, so less worry of it ever coming undone.

Edited by C.Keen

If you will be shooting production and thus required to keep your mags behind your hip poins, you had better go with the +2 inches. I have about a 34" waist (maybe a little less). I got the 36" belt and when I made it nice and snug, it loops back around and almost hits my 4th mag pouch. I wanted to wear 5, but it will not happen unless I cut that belt.

It seems to me if the mags are touching any part of the overlap you should put all of the overlap in the front where you have nothing else, if you are in production.

Good Luck

Ok, fellas, Where do yall order your belts from ? I saw cr speed's web site, In Africa ? Is that where yall order from ? I have never ordered anything overseas. How long does it take, or is there somewhere in america I can get one ?

My CR Speed belt is about 4 inches over my waist size. I have 2, shoot open and stock so I wear them both differently. Stock, usually attach in front, Open usually, well have to attach in the backside so the mags are out front of me. I have the usual problem at my age, dunlop disease altho I did lose a lot of weight this past winter, had a job that had me doing about 25 kilometers a day walking, lots of stairs, etc. Lost a few inches but am gaining it back sighhhh. Dunlop disease is back lol. Need to run and gun more too.

I have a 36 waist, and my first CR Belt was a 38" that I have used for over 2 years, and it works just fine, but I recently ordered a second CR belt and ordered a 40". Should be more overlap, so less worry of it ever coming undone.

Well, that debunks my sizing theory. If there are any anorexics looking for a size 32 belt, let me know :P

Ok, fellas, Where do yall order your belts from ? I saw cr speed's web site, In Africa ? Is that where yall order from ? I have never ordered anything overseas. How long does it take, or is there somewhere in america I can get one ?

Dawson stocks them (in 'normal' sizes anyway) as well.

I got my two CR Speed sets from Dawson. Brownells is a good choice if you're a member.