Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio Match? In 2006?!?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul...RM'ing??? Who would ever encourage such madness??? :P Great news for the Ohio Sectional!!! I am looking forward to shooting in the Buckeye State this fall. I hope it all works out. Everybody quit picking on my huggy-bear, Brian!!! :wub: He needs to enjoy this stuff for once. I think he and Deb should just shoot and drive around on my golfcart. We'll even get someone to load their mags for 'em. They've earned it. Aw...who the hell am I kidding...Brian's last words will probably be "Range Clear" when he leaves this Earth. I don't think he could just shoot a match if he tried. It sure would be nice to see though. :(

If any of you have seen Hanna shoot you

would understand why he likes to be a

match official instead of a competitor.

prh

Besides I would like him to be one

of the CRO's, and Deb as the Stats

runner.

Hanna can shoot with the staff, however,

he may still need help loading Mags., and

may need someone to carry his gun bag.

prh

prh

Besides I would like him to be one

of the CRO's, and Deb as the Stats

runner.

Hanna can shoot with the staff, however,

he may still need help loading Mags., and

may need someone to carry his gun bag.

prh

Slavedriver...

• 3 weeks later...

Great news!!!!!

I just talked with Kyle and his board has approved

the use of thier range for the Ohio Section match.

He will be providing more info soon.

Prh

I'll be in the area for the holidays. I was thinking more like local club matches rather than Majors :blink:

Youngstown/Pittsburg area?

Area 8 and the Western PA sectional - both to be held at the Pitcairn-Monroeville Gun Club east of Pittsburgh, but not over the holiday season. Little fun in shooting outdoors in 15-20 degree weather....

Edited by vluc

• 2 weeks later...
He'd just be confused. I don't think he has shot one in 14 years. :):):)

Okay, I go away for a little while, and I see how you treat me! :angry: Fortunately, a kind and friendly shooter and forum member tipped me off yesterday that you guys were talking about me behind my back (you know who you are ;) ).

Aw come on Paul, you aren't still mad about the 'smelly roomate' comment from Front Sight are you?? :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, since this is right before Nationals, what I was thinking about doing is coming up and SHOOTING IT since I'll be leaving on Monday for Tulsa and out for the following week. Besides, that way, I can cause some challenge on every stage, and insist on talking to the RM!!! :P

This is sounding better the more I think about it! :)

• 1 month later...

Hello Ohio Match Shooters.

Thanks for shooting the Ohio match last year. I wanted to get the match application for the 2006 match out to all of you. (match application file attached)

We had a bit of a late start this year, but everything is on track and looking good.

The match will be back at the Pickaway County Sportsmen Club again this year (Circleville, Ohio). It will be the same format that worked so well for us last year...one day shooting format, trophy match.

The majority of shooters will be scheduled to shoot on Saturday or Sunday, with staff shooting on Friday. (Competitors with special circumstances may be allowed to shoot with staff on Friday.)

We will likely using USPSA online squading this year, as it seems to be a popular option. I haven't used that before, so we'll see how it goes.

The match dates are October 6, 7, and 8. This is the first full weekend in October. And, it is the weekend directly before the USPSA Nationals in Tulsa. This match ought to serve as an awesome tune-up for those going to the Nationals.

Hope to see you all at the match.

Oh...and the theme this year...

IN OHIO, WE KICK BUTT AND CHEW BUBBLEGUM...AND WE ARE ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM !!!

Have fun,

Kyle F.

Ohio Section Coordinator

ohio_section_2006_application_4_.pdf

Edited by Carl Provan

Any new updates yet?

Yep...trying to work around the website thing right now (me not having access to make updates)...then you pop up all the sudden. (Send me a message on how to contact you...want to see how you are doing and see about this website stuff.)

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If we ever get this website stuff figured out...

I am going to make a change on the application (that linked to a few posts above). The Match Shirt cut-off date is going to be extended...

For now, ignore the August cut-off date for match shirts. And, if you want one but have already sent your app, just let me know and we'll get that sorted out for you.

At least two wheelgunners so far. (assuming the Ohio border patrol doesn't catch this Kentuckian coming across the bridge ;) )

BTW: Kyle, I do have a plan :P for that Shakey Bridge prop...involving a small quantity of a flammable liquid, and a road flare....