Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One of our shooters posted a pretty good time on a field course a few matches back that everyone ended up trying to catch. The shooter broke to the front of the line, declared "I'm going first!", shot a great time, and promptly headed off to the bathroom to go to the bathroom. Afterward, only two people in our squad of more than ten posted faster times.

So ... when you gotta go, do you go faster?

An old trick that people use when not real comfortable with public speaking is to be "in need". The discomfort keeps your mind off the speech/audience and keeps you on time. Another friend puts a few coins in one shoe; same effect without the sudden need to depart and/or chance of danger.

So, if your mental game is giving you trouble then a bit of discomfort combined with motivation might do the trick.

... doing it faster? ... <_<:lol:

... shooting the stage faster :rolleyes:

What happens after that I think is being covered here. :)

Seriously though, we're talking about a C class shooter (at the time) posting an upper A class time. I think there might be something here. Personally, I have to agree with Xre.

I love this one! :lol:

For some people, "JUST DO IT" is their best mode of operation.

If having to go gets them into that mind set, it could be helpful.

for me, it's a distraction and makes squatting, leaning or running full out a bit uncomfortable.

I VOTE "NO"

My guess would be that controlling the irresitable urge to...open the portal...takes your mind off of trying and just lets ya shoot. ;)

Was going to post that very same answer.

Whatever distracts you from overthinking the stage you're ready to shoot, and leaves you with an empty and open mind will do the trick... ;)