Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hopalong!

Carmoney

I've said it before--this is not like some episode of "Touched by an Angel" where you drop in for a little while, guide all of us poor confused souls to the way of the revolver, then after things are really going great, you quietly move on.

I don't care if you are Master of the Bottomfeeder or whatever you are these days, put the frickin' Limited gun back in the frickin' safe, quit barking from the porch, and get back out here and shoot with us!!

LOOK at all these great USPSA matches where there is going to be great competition in Revolver this year, all over the country!! Seriously, you do not want to miss out on this after working so hard to promote this division. C'mon, sign up for some stuff.

Sam's the reason I dusted the old smokewagon out of the safe. He even worked on it some for me. I bought a reloader just to load for my revo so I can shoot with him and now this... :(

Come on Hop. See you and your wheelie at A6?

+1

C'mon Hop! Get back in the Game.

I keep getting the itch to get a Limited Gun and seeing you move on, well the path well worn is easier to follow.

Luckily(?) the funds aren't there for a new gun now, besides all of the FUN is in the Revo Division Now!

I've said it before--this is not like some episode of "Touched by an Angel" where you drop in for a little while, guide all of us poor confused souls to the way of the revolver, then after things are really going great, you quietly move on.

Ok Hoppy did play in the TV how "Touched by an Angel" his stage name is Della Reese. I'm not sure he wanted that cat out of the bag but there it is. :D

I've talked with Hoppy several times lately and he's fine and ,I believe, about ready for shooting the wheelgun. I think we'll see him at Owensboro on the 3d weekend.

Dave

Edited by Airedale

Ok Hoppy did play in the TV how "Touched by an Angel" his stage name is Della Reese. I'm not sure he wanted that cat out of the bag but there it is. :D

I've talked with Hoppy several times lately and he's fine and ,I believe, about ready for shooting the wheelgun. I think we'll see him at Owensboro on the 3d weekend.

Dave

I hope so...Hop is a big part of why I took up the wheelgun a year ago. It is a unique challenge with very die-hard competitors. C'mon Hop...come play with us at these majors.

Sam's had some tendonitis problems in his shooting arm lately, but I hear it's getting better. However, during his convalescence period, he's been putting quite a few rounds through his new toy, the "Benny Blaster." I just want to make sure he knows we want him out there shooting the wheelgun with us at all these great matches coming up!

He claims the tendonitis came from shooting the revo. I shoot revo every week and so do many others. I don't have tendonitis; do any of you??? I think not. There must be something that they do in RAMMER, Tennessee that us regular folks don't. Any ideas????

Turned out it is NOT Tendonitis.........

It's a Bruised Tendon with inflamation and swelling.

It is getting better slowly. Was told not to punish it too much or it will get scar tissue around it and never be the same again. :(

Just lucky the bottomfeeder "Benny Blaster" doesn't agrivate it and am able to get bullets down range and get my "Gunsmoke" fix. :D

I'll pick it back up when I can.......NOT gone just sidelined. ;)

HOP

Turned out it is NOT Tendonitis.........

It's a Bruised Tendon with inflamation and swelling.

It is getting better slowly. Was told not to punish it too much or it will get scar tissue around it and never be the same again. :(

Just lucky the bottomfeeder "Benny Blaster" doesn't agrivate it and am able to get bullets down range and get my "Gunsmoke" fix. :D

I'll pick it back up when I can.......NOT gone just sidelined. ;)

HOP

and unmarried! :o

Funny you should mention not married, I have a shooting buddy that is also single, both of his elbows hurt and he had to lay down the shooting irons. Go figure!! LOL

Edited by encoreman

Yes, Lynn you are correct..............

but Your just Jealous of my Carefree, life style!!! ;)

Looks like you had a pretty good match Sunday. See you when I get back off the road

HOP

Oh yeah, I'm signed up for TN 3-gun(Iron sights), Space City(Limited), Area-6 (Limited-10) Mississippi Classic (Production or Open) and have my slot for Nationals sitting on the desk.......HOPE to be shooting a wheel gun by then, We'll see.

Edited by hopalong

Lynn..........

The Benny Blaster and big sticks!!! :wub: (open)

OR

G22 with Powder fluff loads specially designed by yours truly :P (production)

Oh and Carmoney.....

As I said once before, I would rather be shooting a bottom feeder than not shooting at all. So if and when the time comes I'll let you know.

HOP

Hop,

I read your thread on burn out.

It seems to me that after all that work and preparation you were on the cusp of something big.

It just went south on you on the last stage.

If you had that good run you were looking for, the next day you would have been thinking about unseating the king.

Don't let one bad stage discourage you after so much effort.

Strap on your six gun and ride Hop... just like your namesake would do.

Besides, I have enough competition in Limited. <_<

Tls

Hoppy,

Since you seem to be something of a guru on revolvers, I will direct these questions to you.

I used to shoot revolvers for years (slow fire) before I ever started shooting action pistol.

I loved the accuracy and the crisp single action trigger.

I was quite the marksman and regularly made some shots that amazed my friends.

(Once hit a clay skeet target on the fly with a 357. Missed twice, hit it on the third try).

I took my 686 to my first pistol match and it was a disaster.

Fumbled my reloads, sent ammo all over the ground, etc. etc.

Needless to say, my next action pistol match found me with and auto loader.

I havn't shot a revolver in years and I'm wondering what the predominate gear is for the wheelgunners in IPSC.

I think most guys are shooting 625's and loading with moon clips but I could never see how the darn thing works.

Please enlighten me oh high priest of the round gun.

Tony

Tony,

See my signature line! :P

You need to talk to Carmoney, D. Carden, Cliff Walsh, Patrick Sweeney, Airedale, ect. or some of the other good revolver shooters not some dummy that shoots.

You may want to call Jerry Miculek or just send me your number I'll have him call you after I shoot with him and Kay at the Space City Challenge. :)

Hopalong