Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Neo Natzis

Bigbadaboom

Given the short amount of time we have on this Earth it seems that time could be better spent in a more positive manner.

Their like the Terrorists that we are at war with; Decades of brain washing and the refusal to see a different point. They thrive on both hating others and being hated.

It sickens me.

All I can say to the Nazis out there is this:

You can march until your feet fall off.

Whether racial elitist or religous zealot it doesn't matter.

The world will never accept the politics of hate.

Wasn't the 48 million dead in WWII enough?

You lost. Get a life and move on.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

As someone who lived rather too close to the Aryan Nations compound in Hayden Idaho (about 60 miles from me but their influence penetrated the whole area) I witnessed all too much of this first hand. My own well being was threatened by these a-holes because of some familial associations but rather than flee the area I stayed. When an investigative reporter penetrated their ranks and then took his findings, wrote a book and hit the road to expose what they were all about I sat in the front row and cheered him on.

One of the most positive things that was ever done was a "lemons to lemonaid" campaign. The local human rights groups started collecting donations for every minute the Aryan Nations marched in their various parades. They then used the money to build a human rights memorial and I heard some was used to fund the legal campaign that eventually cost the Aryan Nations their compound in Hayden.

Let the twits march...but turn their marches into a weapon to be used against them. It worked here.

Edited by kimel

Given the short amount of time we have on this Earth it seems that time could be better spent in a more positive manner.

Their like the Terrorists that we are at war with; Decades of brain washing and the refusal to see a different point. They thrive on both hating others and being hated.

It sickens me.

+1, their way is not the one, I believe in...

You're right, it sickens me too!

Henny

...and they have the gall to cloak themselves in a "Christian" role...! How insulting!! God, if they even just for a moment realized how ridiculous they look to the rest of us, they'd be so embarrassed they'd never march anywhere ever again. Ditto for the freaks hiding under the white sheets standing next to the frackin' burning crosses. :angry::angry::angry: What a total waste of everybody's time.

This is probably the thing I like most about the rights to free speech and to peacefully assemble: It keeps the nutjobs out there in front of us. If they weren't able to do that, they still be thinking and spreading their poison --- but silently, out of sight, like a festering cancer. It wouldn't come to the surface until it had grown and matured --- by then perhaps too late for good folks to react.

By marching, in the daylight, they force us to notice and react, even if our reaction is limited to thinking about and rejecting their message, and then discussing that with our friends and children. In essence, they force us to spread the good ---- and that's one of the terrific things about an open society.

• 2 months later...

I'm 54 years old, this takes me back to when I was between five and ten years old. I was in a roadside cafe with my Dad. It was unocupied other than the cook. Two Bikers walked in decked out in nazi helmets and swaztikas. Dad sat quietly and then was up and in the middle of both these guys as*ses. There was a lot of loud, vulger, argumentive and threatening disscussion. (Oooheee man, I mean VULGER)

Dad had been a B.A.R. man in WWII in a rifle squad that campainged in Africa and Italy, he was not a physically big man and here he had taken his displeasure to these two scary looking (To me anyway) biker guys. He told them that better people than them had fought and died to eradicate the Nazis. Friends of his, friends of friends and millions of people he never knew and he was not going to let them all be dishonored by two stupid, goofey looking Mother ****ers. Pop got louder and more threatening and more vulger (later reconized as "Passionate")

Now, I'm thinking Pop is a scary guy and I'm just a kid and I don't really understand it all.

The two biker dudes get to the door and leave and I mean tail between thier legs.

So, where is all of his going? Well, I am very proud of my Dad.

Did the two Biker guys cower to Pop? Probably not. I think he made them realize what a stupid thing they were doing and brought it to thier attention in a way they could understand that here is more to being a Nazi than a funny hat and swaztikas and anyone who really buys in to it ought to think about what it stands for.

I see Nazis around here from time to time. To this day I have never confronted one of them but I often wonder if I should. I figure most of them have no idea what a real Nazi is other than they think it is some "pro white people" organization.

I know it had to be a bitter pill for all of the WWII vets to see these clowns parading around cloaked in the First Amendment.

I guess we have American Nazis but I dont recognize any Nazi as an American ( I guess I get that from my Dad!).

Thanks!

Mike

Where is Jake and Ellwood when you need them.

"Illinois Nazis, I hate Illinois Nazis"

First thing that I thought of when I read the headline.

This is one of those cases where like Nik states is the price of freedom. Freedom of speech is not defined by our own set of values. The simplest to understand freedom of speech is how a professor told me once in college. Freedom of speech can be seen has having your worst enemy at the top of his lungs professing everything that is wrong and hateful in this world, and we as a society allow him to say it.

The key though is that he is not absent in any accountability for those statements. You write the check, you better be ready to cash it, but that's seperate from the 1st Amendment.

FWIW, I hate Illinois and Orlando Nazis too.

SPC (P) Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

That is true, but they don't understand that those guys died so they could act like idiots and live here and then they want to spit on and trample and burn and desecrate the flag...Not on my time or in front of me..it will be worth going to jail for a little while to kick their butt for doing that...sorry...I get a little personal...I remember NOT wanting to to Nam...but I went and then they feel like they can do that...I dont think so... :angry:

That is true, but they don't understand that those guys died so they could act like idiots and live here and then they want to spit on and trample and burn and desecrate the flag...Not on my time or in front of me..it will be worth going to jail for a little while to kick their butt for doing that...sorry...I get a little personal...I remember NOT wanting to to Nam...but I went and then they feel like they can do that...I dont think so... :angry:

TL,

I might not want to do what you're willing to, to protect the flag, and what it represents, but I gotta admire a guy who is willing to go to jail, rather than compromise his beliefs.....

I remember NOT wanting to to Nam...but I went

Thank you.

Ditto!

First off, I question whether race relations threads really need to be part of the forum.

But...since it is here...since Nazism is directed rage fueled by hatred and self-loathing, do you really think the answer is in returning that hatred? Has answering hate with hate ever cured the first problem? Do you really think that your special brand of hate will win over a corrupted, young mind that is already filled with it? Or will your hate simply deepen their persecution complex and overall paranoia and drive them to further extremes?

This is not to suggest that one must accept Nazism. It is not acceptable. But there is a world difference between rejection and hatred. There was this Jesus feller who had a few pearls of wisdom about this a while back...

If you simply cannot contain yourself when they march, may I suggest the following response: as they march by, turn your back and remain silent. Let the others with you follow your lead. It is truly the most powerful statement you can make.

[And if you are wondering, yes I have met my share of actual, modern Nazis in various guises (not all wear swastikas). I also conducted what I believe is the longest interview on record with the grand poobah himself at his former compound in North Idaho.]

It sickens me.

This post is Stating how much I hate the "Sin" not the "Sinner".

As a society we should dictate what behaviour is acceptable and what isn't. Setting back quietly and allowing people to behave this way without rebuttal is inexcusable. Ignoring it won't make it go away. They have the right to free speech just as I do, therefore I'll use mine to counter theirs.

First off, I question whether race relations threads really need to be part of the forum.

I posted it in the "What I Hate" forum.

It sickens me.

They scare me, because they are being pretty successful both here and in Europe at getting idiots to buy into their white supremacy crap. I don't know what the solution is, I recall I read that one of the countries over their (Austria or Germany?) actually passed a law making it illegal for them to hold rallies. I'm a big believer in freedom of speech, but these guys and the KKK always make me wish I had a MUTE button......

...and they have the gall to cloak themselves in a "Christian" role...! How insulting!!
Yes, they are a disgrace to all true Christians. One of the pack of lies they try to sell is that all the "infererior" (in their minds) races are the descendants of Cain (the guy who killed his brother Abel), and so are cursed by God.

The only defense against these guys is to call them for what they are and keep shining the light on them. Cockroaches breed fastest in dark places.....

But...since it is here...since Nazism is directed rage fueled by hatred and self-loathing, do you really think the answer is in returning that hatred?

Nazism (both the original and new form) was certainly hate-based, but was not at all about self-loathing. It was about focusing blame for all of germany's problems onto a specific ethnic group who were generally hated to begin with. Scape goating is a time tested method for getting the sheeple to support a specific group or party. The new nazi's run on the same fuel: blame all of the world's problems on "inferior" groups who are dragging down society.... it's the same song, just a new chorus.

If you simply cannot contain yourself when they march, may I suggest the following response: as they march by, turn your back and remain silent. Let the others with you follow your lead. It is truly the most powerful statement you can make.

The most powerful statement is to organize a counter march with a lot more people than they could muster. The Nazis get media coverage, and so will you. Standing quietly by does nothing, peaceful protest sends a clear message that they are in the minority and always will be.

For the record, the reason neo-nazis bug me so much is not their rallies, but the widespread support they have among mainstream individuals. Do a net search and find out what Mel Gibson's (yes, THAT Mel Gibson) father had to say about the Nazis and the holocaust. Nazis are everywhere, and people who admire them are everywhere.... you can also do a net search and find out wht Arnold Schwarzenegger has said in the past about the nazis.

The only thing evil requires to win is that good people remain silent.

Edited by bountyhunter

bbb,

Sorry for the tone of my post. When I typed it, I tried to not have tone. Read it this AM and realized I failed in that regard. Anyhoo....

What I meant to say was this:

One should take care in how he expresses himself toward a belief system that is propelled by anger. My anger will only make the evil stronger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fear is also the absolutely wrong response to thuggery. Your display of fear is Nazi opiate. They expect and need that Pavlovian response to operate. Refuse to grant it to them.

Read "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" by William L. Shirer for an unvarnished account of how Nazism came to be. It should be mandatory reading for every member of a democratic society. No fiction writer ever produced a tome that was more unlikely and bizzarre.

There is a way to defeat Nazism. It is easiest to define the way by what it is not. It does not involve shouting or throwing things. It does not involve caving to coercion. It does not involve trading rights for security. It does not involve instant gratification. There is not a magic wand that one can wave and make it dissappear.

Nazism depends on fear, anger, ignorance, disenfranchisement, and social seclusion. Like mushrooms, it grows best in the dark. Modern society seems hell-bent on containing it into a corner of the proverbial basement. I think it would be better to let it wither under the light of day.

Nazi leaders did not commit suicide en masse at the end of WWII because they were convinced of the righteousness of their cause and their methods.

Just one opinion - if this thread *really* has to be here.