Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Kind Of Holster-cr Speed?

encoreman

:D Hi Guys & Gals Am planning on competing with either a 610 or 625 soon. What say you about holsters. CR speed or what. I use a CR on my Para. Thanks for the help. Hope we can get 20+ for the Miss Classic match. See Ya Mac Thanks everyone, I bought a Safailand because it was on the shelf and I needed one. Will try it and see if it will do the job. Edited by encoreman

Hey Mac, what would it take to get you and a revolver to the March match in Byram? We have 3 people shooting revolvers at the moment.

Added:

March is a classifier match. 4 classifiers. You could get a revolver claasification for the MS Classic.

Edited by haras

Hey Walt, Wouldn't it be nice to get sponsorship for all the products we endorse. Just because we're not Be or Tomaise doesn't mean we couldn't use the dough! Maybe if we performed like they did HUH?

Hey! Those guys could win drawing their guns from a gym sock looped around their necks.

It's guys like us that move the gamer merchandise!! :lol:

Haras, What date and time for the March match? If I can get geared-up in time I'll come. I was planning on getting a 610, but found a 625 with safariland holster and moonclip holders on uspsa, now I got to make up my mind. Decisions-decisions.

Ted--I love it! Always thought there might be a true gamer buried beneath that martial artist veneer! :D

I think you're right that more moonclips fit on the belt, of course most of us wind up stringing them all the way across the front, I always keep 8 moonclip holders in front, and one around back behind the gun for emergencies.

That smaller footprint brings along one problem--if the belt isn't good and stiff, the holster isn't as stable as it needs to be. I use a Safariland belt right now, but one of these days I believe I will upgrade to the very stiff CR Speed belt.

One other thing I've noticed, it sometimes takes a fair bit of fiddling to get the CR Speed adjusted so the draw naturally comes straight up and out. Set up right, it's wicked quick...but you don't want to be pulling sideways or front-to-back, you want your draw motion to pull the gun straight up and out. Fortunately, the rig is almost infinitely adjustable--it just takes a little time and experimentation.

Haras, What date and time for the March match? If I can get geared-up in time I'll come. I was planning on getting a 610, but found a 625 with safariland holster and moonclip holders on uspsa, now I got to make up my mind. Decisions-decisions.

Mac, we shoot first Sunday which is March 5th. Sign up 8-8:30am shooters meeting at 9am. It's all fun after that. Hell, if you don't get the revo in time run what you got.

encoreman,

I like you started with a CR for my LTD gun (won it fortunately) I liked it so well and thought that since that is what I was used to that I should go with one for the wheelgun.

I don't regret it one bit.

Just make sure you get the little rod that fits the belt to adjust cant and twist of the gun, VERY much worth it.

AND go ahead and visit Glen(haras) and Pat(Bwana Six gun) and Hank(not a member) they are a good bunch to shoot with and will help if you need it and will gripe and complain if you whup up on them. ;)

Pat is the current Section Champion so don't expect him to show you every trick in his hat. :blink:

Looking forward to the state match myself, it's gonna be good and FUN!

HOPALONG

AND go ahead and visit Glen(haras) and Pat(Bwana Six gun) and Hank(not a member) they are a good bunch to shoot with and will help if you need it and will gripe and complain if you whup up on them. ;)

Pat is the current Section Champion so don't expect him to show you every trick in his hat. :blink:

Looking forward to the state match myself, it's gonna be good and FUN!

HOPALONG

The three of us finished 100, 98.5 and 95.5% in the February match. Revo was the closest race that day. The Section Coordinator thinks it's a hoot the three of us talk smack about our runs. We had a lot of fun. :D

One correction and a couple of comments to Hopalongs Post.

Tim Lott is the Current Section Champion, I got it in 2004. (Lucky day for me) :D

Haras and Hank are both worthy adversaries. Objectively speaking, they shoot faster than I do, but I can move a little faster and reload a little faster. (It's and age thing, ya know) :D:P:rolleyes:

We talk smack, because we know we are shooting the toughest discipline. Accuracy and speed, not how many rounds you can cram in the magazine. B)

And no, I will not be sharing any secrets I have. I need all the edge I can get. :lol:

See you on the 5th.

:D Hi Guys & Gals Am planning on competing with either a 610 or 625 soon. What say you about holsters. CR speed or what. I use a CR on my Para. Thanks for the help. Hope we can get 20+ for the Miss Classic match. See Ya Mac

Look at my post for N frame pictures. Down at the end.

Ted--I love it! Always thought there might be a true gamer buried beneath that martial artist veneer! :D

Most MD's are merely reverse engineered gamers. ;0

Take a close look at the Extreme holster too. I like mine but have not sold the CR Speed yet until I get a few more miles on the Extreme.

http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...859e17c4c34585f

Take a close look at the Extreme holster too. I like mine but have not sold the CR Speed yet until I get a few more miles on the Extreme.

Nice.

I like the price, about $60.00 cheaper than the CR.

Ted

And it fits all barrel lengths with no adjustment needed. That was the selling point for my as I use a 6.5" for USPSA and a 5" for ICORE and steel. If I want to use my 4" that works too.

10MM Dave recommended it along with HDGUN and PMD.

Regards,

I use the Extreme as well. It's a nice holster that not only fits all barrel lengths, but also fits all revolvers except for Rugers with the squared trigger guard (older Super Redhawk or Super Blackhawk, can't remember which). My 625 was a little tight in the holster, so I dremeled it till it was nice and smooth. Some other guns are a little loose (inlcuding other N-frames, go figure) but the lock is secure.

• 4 weeks later...
OK, I've gotten one of this SpeedSec 5. It came only with three velcro strips, no instructions, tools, nothing else.

How do I adjust this thing? Which tools do I need?

HELP PLEASE !!! :wub::wub::wub:

No instructions !?!?!? we don need no stinkin instructions :rolleyes:

The adjustments are pretty straight forward.

The screw down in the holster moves the trigger guard (whole gun really) so the lock

can easily be engaged. Same for the the screw under the barrel.

My advice ?? start with the trigger guard screw screwed all the way in, then with the under

barrel screw kind of level out the barrel to the holster block.

Then back out the trigger guard screw until the lock lever starts catching on the trigger bar,

then turn it in 1/4 turn or so.

With mine set up my way I some times have to rock the gun backwards to get the lock to

lock the way it should but for some reason the gun just wants to clear the holster better

that way so I leave it that way. And since it's set up this way it works for all my revos.

Try a few different adjustments, you may find a slight tilt of the barrel in relation to the

holster block might feel smoother on the draw or better locking.

Now as far as cant angle and height I think you can see how that works.

AND !!! you may want to pull the screw that holds the locking lever and put some blue

locktite on it, mines an old one and that screw loosened enough that the lever started

flopping around. The constant locking and unlocking did it I believe.

I plan on putting a detent on mine someday.

Okay, maybe RGS has some advice too, and if you have trouble post back here later and

i'll get mine out and look at it.

(and hey ! maybe that's what these hosters are cheaper, no tools or instructions :wacko: )

I bought a big strip of velcro from a fabric store and cut it to fit the holster, with velcro on the inside and outside of the part that interfaces with the belt. My 625 was REAL tight in my holster, while all my other guns are loose. I have both screws turned all the way in for my 625, and I had to relieve the holster with a dremel (there's that word again) so I wouldn't give myself the 'ole belt-around-the-neck draw (yes, it held onto the gun that much). But other than that it works fine and feels fast. Good luck with it.