Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Location For The 2006 Multigun Nationals

OK, just out of curiousity how much money does a range get to host a national 3 gun or a pistol for that matter, and what do they have to provide to get this compensation? If this was common knowledge perhaps we would have more choices as to where the nationals were held.

Thanks

I have signed up to work the match and, if selected, hope to shoot the staff match as well. I'd be shooting the real match but can't afford the trip if I don't work it. Already driving to that part of Oregon for Area 1 and I need Nats experience for when I start going after the RM cert so...

I was glad to see that Albany was able to get the multi-gun Nats after Area 1 had to be moved north.

There is no shortage of good beer in the Albany area. There used to be a great hungarian place there too but haven't eaten there in like 15 years so no clue if it is still around.

If you are a home brewer like me; Fresh Hops is just up the road in Philomath OR and is worth a stop. Great prices, good people, etc. Call ahead to make sure they are open for visitors. I stopped there a number of years ago and the aroma was so intoxicating that I drove off with about 10 lbs of hops and dreamed up new recipies all the way home (about a 9 hour drive). Uh oh...now I am thirsty. :D

There is no shortage of good beer in the Albany area. There used to be a great hungarian place there too but haven't eaten there in like 15 years so no clue if it is still around.

Yes, that place is Novak's, and it is next to GI Joes off of 14th. They do breakfast now too. Probably the best place to eat in Albany since the Buzzsaw closed. We have a Red Robin, Applebees, and more Mexican places than you can shake a stick at.

• 2 months later...

Okay so I'll be home from playing Army from 08 JUL to 20 AUG and am considering shooting the Nationals, although I haven't shot 3-Gun since the '04 Nationals and IPSC/USPSA since July of last year.

Basic match info is desired:

- Entry Fee

- Dates (w/ full itinerary meaning what days I actually have to be there)

- Rounds (rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc.)

- Stage diagrams if applicable

- Anything else I need to know

I'll probably be driving, so if folks wanna carpool, let me know. Too, is there still a MIL sub-category in USPSA?

Thanks in advance,

SPC (P) Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

and more Mexican places than you can shake a stick at

OK, Novak's is on the "must eat at" list, so whats the skinny on the mexican food there?

Need some recommendations on places that have their mexican food shjt together. Lotsa' places doesn't always mean lotsa' good places. Went out for mexican food in St. Paul MN once. Supposedly the best place in town (according to some locals). Asked if we could get margarita's on the rocks and the waiter (college kid) said the machine wouldn't do that! The menu had pronunciations for all the items like this "Tah' Ko, En Chee La' Da', Ray Yeah No, sheeesh! ;-)

I like to find the places that the local mexican population actually eat at. The usual tell if a place is gonna' be any good is if they have things like "Menudo" and "Piccadillo" and "Pulpo Coctel" on the menu. You should be able to smell the lard they fry their tortilla chips in down the block.

The typical tell for Faux Mexican is if the menu is entirely in english, is almost entirely numbered combination platters and a Chile Relleno is the house specialty ;-/

George,

My vote for the two best Mexican places to eat at in Albany are Tarasco's, and Los Dos Amigos Hacienda (they have a couple of places). Tarasco's wins in my book for fast, friendly service and good food. Los Dos has good food, and not-so-good service.

Pub & Grub type places would be Loafer's Bistro near the US Post Office downtown, Riley's Cafe & Billiards, and Wyatt's. I would stay away from The First Round and Lum Yuen.

Delivery pizza, Primetime is the best in town. Dine out pizza, Cidicci's. Breakfast would have to be The Original Breakfast. Home-style cooking, head to Lebanon to the Corner Kitchen.

Corvallis has a bit more to choose from, being a college town. Thai, Japanese, some high-dollar Italian, some decent pubs like Squirrel's Tavern, McMenamins, The Fox & Firkin, and there is a Ruby Tuesday's there as well.