Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Location For The 2006 Multigun Nationals

There are some places to stay in Corvallis too, new Hilton or something by the OSU Football Stadium, and other places. Corvallis is about 18 miles (30 minutes) from ARPC.

http://www.albanyvisitors.com/pages/lodging/hotels.html

* Albany Days Inn & Suites

1100 Price Rd. SE, Albany, OR

Units: 78, (handicapped accessible rooms: 4) Price: Moderate, Cable, Pets OK, Indoor Pool, Meeting rooms available.

541-928-5050

800-626-1900

* Albany Phoenix Inn Suites

3410 Spicer Rd SE, Albany, OR

Units: 93, with handicapped accessible rooms. Price: Moderate. Suites with microwaves and refrigerators, In-room coffee makers, Spa suites/romance packages, Complimentary continental breakfast buffet, Indoor pool, spa, and fitness center, Remote control color TV with CNN, ESPN and movie channels, Non-smoking rooms available. Complimentary newspaper, Accessible rooms, Guest laundry, In-room irons and ironing boards, Free local phone calls, Children 17 and under stay free with parents. Extended stay executive suites available, Business center, Meeting facilities, Corporate rates available. Pet friendly.

Web: http://www.phoenixinnsuites.com

Res: 888-889-0208

Fax: 541-926-5696

* Best Western Pony Soldier Inns

315 Airport Rd. SE, Albany, OR

Units: 72, (handicapped accessible rooms: 4) Price: Moderate, Cable, Pets OK, Pool, Meeting rooms available.

541-928-6322

800-634-PONY

Budget Inn

2727 Pacific Blvd. SE, Albany, OR

Units: 48, (handicapped accessible rooms: 0) Price: Moderate, Cable, Pets OK.

541-926-4246

* Comfort Suites

100 Opal Court, Albany, OR

Units: 56, (handicapped accessible rooms: 7) Price: Moderate, Refrigerator, Microwave, Hair Dryer, Coffee, Cable w/HBO, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi, 2-Line Phone w/Data Ports, Continental Breakfast, Laundry, Fax & Copy Service, Free Local Calls, Newspaper, No Pets. Shuttle to Albany airport. Meeting & Banquet facilities.

541-928-2053

800-517-4000

Econolodge (formerly Relax Inn)

1212 Price Rd. SE, Albany, OR

Units: 78, (handicapped accessible rooms: 0) Price: Moderate, senior & business discounts, coffee available in the lobby, Cable, Microwave, Pets OK, Outdoor Pool (seasonal), No meeting rooms. Continental breakfast before coffee available. Adjacent restaurant.

Web: www.choicehotels.com/hotel/or158

541-926-0170

888-321-3352

* Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

105 Opal Court, Albany, OR

Units: 71, (handicapped accessible rooms: 5) Price: Moderate, Refrigerator, Microwave, Hair Dryer, Coffee, Cable w/HBO, Indoor Heated Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi, 2-Line Phone w/Data Ports, Continental Breakfast, Laundry, Business Center, Gift Shop. Pets Permitted, Meeting & Banquet Facilities, 100% nonsmoking facility.

541-928-8820

800-465-4329

* La Quinta Inn & Suites

251 Airport Rd. SE, Albany OR 97322

Units 62, with handicapped accessible rooms. Price: Moderate, Cable with CNN, ESPN, and HBO. All rooms equipped with Microwaves, Refrigerators, In-room Coffee Makers, In-room Irons, Ironing Boards, and Hairdryers, Indoor pool, Spa and Sauna Open 24 Hours, Hot Waffle Breakfast Buffet, Fresh Baked Cookies in the evening. Free local calls. Children 17 and under stay free with parents. Themed Spa Suites. Extended Stay Suites available at discounted rates. Business Center with High Speed Internet Access. Corporate Rates Available. Pets Welcome.

Web: http://463.lq.com

Email: lq0463gm@laquinta.com

541-928-0921

Res: 800-531-5900

Fax: 541-928-8055

Marco Polo <--wouldn't stay here

2410 Pacific Blvd. SE, Albany, OR

Units: 18, (handicapped accessible rooms: 0) Price: Budget, Cable, Pets OK.

541-926-4401

Motel 6

2735 Pacific Blvd. SE, Albany, OR

Units: 42, (handicapped accessible rooms: 2) Price: Budget, Microwave & Refrigerator in every room, Laundry Facilities, Spa, Internet Access/Fiber Optics available, Cable, Pets OK. 541-926-4233

800-4-Motel 6

* Valu Inn

3125 Santiam Hwy SE, Albany, OR

Units: 60, (handicapped accessible rooms: 0) Price: Budget, TV, Microwave, Refrigerator, Pool, Restaurant, Pets OK.

541-926-1538

SURROUNDING AREA

Best Western Pioneer Lodge

33180 Hwy. 228, Halsey, OR

Units: 57, Price: Moderate. Cable, Pets OK w/fee, Pool, Meeting Spaces Available, Free Hot Breakfast, 24hr Restaurant and Mini-Mart, Cocktail Lounge, Laundry Facilities. 17 miles south of Albany.

541-369-2804

FAX: 541-369-2356

Cascade City Center Motel

1296 S. Main St., Lebanon, OR

Units: 18, (handicapped accessible rooms: 0) Price: Budget, Pets OK

541-258-8154

Shanico Inn

1840 Main St., Lebanon, OR

Units: 40, (handicapped accessible rooms: 1) Price: Moderate, Cable.

Web: www.shanicoinnlebanon.com

541-259-2601

Sweet Home Inn

805 Long St., Sweet Home, OR

Units: 28, (handicapped accessible rooms: 1+) Price: Budget, Cable, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Pets OK.

541-367-5137

Valley Inn

2885 S. Santiam Hwy., Lebanon, OR

Units: 18, (handicapped accessible rooms: 0) Price: Moderate, Cable.

541-258-8184

Willow Motel

3026 Hwy. 20, Sweet Home, OR

Units: 11, (handicapped accessible rooms: 0) Price: Budget, Cable, Pets OK.

541-367-2205

Edited by bberkley

I know that everything possible was done to not have to change the location. It couldn't be avoided though. That said I think Albany is a great choice. They just expanded the range and number of bays. The club is great to work with and is giving us the run of the whole range. The downside will be shorter range on the MOR match. My understanding is this will just mean a lot smaller targets.

If anyone is interested in why we're not at Bend PM me and I'll try to stay positive and upbeat regarding the "gentlemen" on the board at Bend.

Thanks Chuck, I have nothing possitive to say about the situation as far as I know it from Bend's end. Time to overthrow the COSSA board IMO.

Maybe I'll build my own range now on my property 10 miles up the road...

Mouth shut, because I'm pissed and this is the only range I have to shoot, for now.

I'm sure the guys in Albany and PDX will make it a great match!

Sweet Brian ...

Can you recommend a 3 - Gun friendly place? Hopefully, with easy in/out - load the cars from the room and go?

Not offhand, the ones that seem to fit that bill are what I would rank in the manner of the hotel in the movie "Four Rooms".

The Phoenix Inn is a nice place, right across from Home Depot, and according the newspaper, a Denny's is being built right there and will be open by July. State Police barracks are right there (and the adult book store).

You might look into the Salbasgeon Suites in Corvallis.

The Phoenix Inn is a nice place; (I taught a class in Albany and stayed there), shouldn't be any problems with guns, although it is an interior corridor hotel, so you can't just go from the room to the car. Family friendly, too.

As for the change in venue: IMO regrettable, but absolutely unavoidable.

On the brighter side, I know Mike McCarter and crew will help Everett and Tom put on a dynamite match, that part of Oregon is very nice, it's less travel time from a major airport (Portland), and the range is very close to the Phoenix Inn and other hotels. Lots of places to eat, as well.

Just my .02.

Troy

The Phoenix Inn is a nice place; (I taught a class in Albany and stayed there), shouldn't be any problems with guns, although it is an interior corridor hotel, so you can't just go from the room to the car. Family friendly, too.

As for the change in venue: IMO regrettable, but absolutely unavoidable.

On the brighter side, I know Mike McCarter and crew will help Everett and Tom put on a dynamite match, that part of Oregon is very nice, it's less travel time from a major airport (Portland), and the range is very close to the Phoenix Inn and other hotels. Lots of places to eat, as well.

Just my .02.

Troy

possible downside is the lack of brew pubs!!! gonna miss dechuttes...

For the "Record":

We had a verbal agreement with the COSSA (Bend) Board in early December when they voted at their meeting to have the match at their range. I mean a motion was entered to host the match, seconded and voted on by the board members present, which was 12 of the 13 directors, while we watched them vote. When the president of the club got the contract he became agitated since he felt there wasn't enough money in the contract, even though it was almost word for word from the Pistol Nationals in 2002 and 2003. Keep in mind that the current president has never been a big fan of Practical Shooting. He convinced most of the rest of the board to vote not to host the match under the current contract. When we asked that they at least take a second look and enter into some type of negotiations we were rebuffed, even though we discovered later that a majority of the board wanted to come back to the table. Not wanting to drag things out until we had no other options we approached Albany Rifle and Pistol Club, who is undergoing a major upgrade and renovation. Albany agreed to host the match and signed the contract as is.

There will be 12 stages for the match. So, we should have rifle ranges out to at least 300, if not 400, yards for the match. 7 of the 12 "pistol" bays have pole barn structures with cement floors the width of the bays. 2-200 yard rifle ranges for our use plus several of the pistol bays are "double-sized". We will also have a function fire bay of 100 yards. The range is 11 miles from downtown Albany, 35 miles from Salem, and 95 miles from the Portland Airport, straight down Interstate 5. As Brian Berkely has posted there are a number of hotels, at least two brewpubs, and a host of other restaurants in Albany and the area. The Albany area is a short hop to Portland, the scenic Oregon Coast, and within reasonable driving distance to Central Oregon. If I wasn't working the match I'd be signing up asap to get in!

Tom Chambers

[

possible downside is the lack of brew pubs!!! gonna miss dechuttes...

YOU tellum!!!!!

Hey at least it is in the same state !!! Could have gone EAST

heck, might as well fly into portland...hey rob, wanna truck up my gear? i'll buy the first several hours of brew somewhere!

Actually it was about TRIPLE!!!

If we had an impeachment in our bylaws I would do everything in my power to get it moving forward. Time to get a good candidate ready for the next election, to say he is not a fan of action pistol is a huge understatement. Instead of having Nats, we will be builiding a range for about 6-10 shooters.

Albany (and PDX folks) will do a great job and although they don't have the scenery or brew pubs, the guys over there know how to put on a match.

For the "Record":

We had a verbal agreement with the COSSA (Bend) Board in early December when they voted at their meeting to have the match at their range. I mean a motion was entered to host the match, seconded and voted on by the board members present, which was 12 of the 13 directors, while we watched them vote. When the president of the club got the contract he became agitated since he felt there wasn't enough money in the contract, even though it was almost word for word from the Pistol Nationals in 2002 and 2003. Keep in mind that the current president has never been a big fan of Practical Shooting. He convinced most of the rest of the board to vote not to host the match under the current contract. When we asked that they at least take a second look and enter into some type of negotiations we were rebuffed, even though we discovered later that a majority of the board wanted to come back to the table. Tom Chambers

Tom and others....

Just a casual observation but the COSSA Range is located on BLM (public lands). I'd be interested in hearing what the rational was for saying "wasn't enough money in the contract".

Sterling

Wow! Gonna really miss the BBQ from the Smokin' Swine Publik House at the Shilo Inn & Suites in Bend, but what the hay, I love the Oregon coastal area too. Good excuse to run up to Portland to visit Powell's bookstore and scarf seafood at Jake's ;-)

Those I think we'll be able to drive to. Shouldn't be too difficult to park in the middle of your bays for the day and go back and forth to the vehicle

Yeah, that's the ticket! But is there enough parking to handle around 200 cars/trucks comfortably?