Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom at it again - recoil reduction for JP5

System works as advertised.

Full disclosure the JP 5 in the video is mine!

I do not work for Tim and I'm not associated with him. I do know him from some local matches he has appeared at or set up. I do believe he is a pretty good person. 

Story is I went to Taccom to pick up some springs for a friend of mine and while talking with Tim he discovered I had a JP 5. Tim disclosed that he had a few ideas to make them shoot softer, long story shortened I offered him mine to test with. Tim returned my gun a few days later with his thanks and a new buffer system. It is much softer than when delivered and I'm very happy with this setup. I was very happy with my JP 5 before as I thought it was already very soft shooting with my reloads, now its better for me.

My reloads if anyone is interested is 4.0 grains of Win 231 with 124 gr Everglade plated bullet. I use the 70degree lock piece. Gun is super flat. 

Hope this helps

On 8/23/2024 at 11:30 PM, old558 said:

System works as advertised.

Full disclosure the JP 5 in the video is mine!

I do not work for Tim and I'm not associated with him. I do know him from some local matches he has appeared at or set up. I do believe he is a pretty good person. 

Story is I went to Taccom to pick up some springs for a friend of mine and while talking with Tim he discovered I had a JP 5. Tim disclosed that he had a few ideas to make them shoot softer, long story shortened I offered him mine to test with. Tim returned my gun a few days later with his thanks and a new buffer system. It is much softer than when delivered and I'm very happy with this setup. I was very happy with my JP 5 before as I thought it was already very soft shooting with my reloads, now its better for me.

My reloads if anyone is interested is 4.0 grains of Win 231 with 124 gr Everglade plated bullet. I use the 70degree lock piece. Gun is super flat. 

Hope this helps

And it's just a drop-in buffer system that replaces the factory SCS buffer?

11 hours ago, lroy said:

Interesting. Wonder how much of a difference it makes vs changing lock peices.

just looking at the video I would say it does a great job.  2 different systems with the same lock piece and the Taccom looks flatter.  I would think (obviously don't know) that if you change the lock piece then the Taccom system will continue to flatten it out.  However, I would still be interested in seeing that as a test to confirm those suspicions.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blackstone45 said:

Pics don't seem to be working. I'm not familiar with how the Taccom buffer system comes together, but the JP5 doesn't seem to have a detent to retain the buffer system. Is that an issue for the Taccom?

If you go to the TACCOM3g website you can find the pics.

System is an easy install, I just push it into the buffer tube and hold and close. The extractor will catch it when you open it. You can install a detent if you want but I don't feel its necessary.