Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Torture Testing Glock!

Leo Pires

Checked it out & turns out that the author is one of us - in that he mentions he uses the G21 for IDPA and 3 gun, possibly USPSA. The photos are gruesome - particularly the wet salt bath and all the resulting rust and also the "shoot the slide with a .22". Yet it still keeps on going & going & going.

Here's a preview:

saltedparts.jpg

Edited by Carlos

That guy is not right. I shuddered just looking through that post. I don't have $500 to throw out the window like he did with that gun. It was interesting to see someone else do that to their Glock, but not for me.

That guy is not right. I shuddered just looking through that post. I don't have $500 to throw out the window like he did with that gun. It was interesting to see someone else do that to their Glock, but not for me.

Agree. Whether you have the $ or not, I hate seeing something like that done to a perfectly good gun.

Yeah, Glock would love to know the serial number on that thing so they wouldn't have to cover it ever under warranty. Grusome is a very appropriate word for a description of this one.

As a Glock owner who frequents the local matches, I often see other non Glock owners with feeding, failure to fire, etc issues. It makes me glad that my gun is made with supurb reliabilty by design but this is just shocking. Again, glad that I don't own that thing but it's nice to know that my gun is "blood related".

Rick

Actually, knowing Glock, they might offer to buy the thing from him or trade him for a new pistol, and then use it in demos, etc. They've bought back guns from shooting ranges that had documented 100K and 200K rounds on them (with no cleaning, of course)....

And people wonder why I suggest a Glock for a carry pistol, if they absolutely will not carry a revolver.... ;)

Clay wrote: "I don't have $500 to throw out the window like he did with that gun."

I don't think he had to pay $500 to get that treatment done. Maybe $10 for the rock salt, another $10 for the sand; mud is free and he probably had the pickup truck already. Maybe $100 for the small plane ride, but not $500. :lol:

Al wrote: "Agree. Whether you have the $ or not, I hate seeing something like that done to a perfectly good gun."

-its not still perfectly good? Last I read, the guy was still shooting it and it still worked fine. Might not look pretty anymore, but I bet it shoots just as good as a brand new $500 "safe queen" gun. Besides, when have Glocks ever entered beauty contests? He might not get the same re-sale value on it now, that's true. But, unlike my cars, I plan on keeping all my handguns as long as I'm above ground. I'm more concerned with how they work than how they look.

In any event, I am glad everyone got a laugh (or a shudder) out of the pics.

he forgot to do the lodge barrel test.

also is that a 3rd gen frame?

If so when did the 3rd gen frame come out? He said the pistol is 10 yrs old. If im wrong do correct me but i think it should be at least the second gen frame.

Edited by Jasonub

Yeah, Glock would love to know the serial number on that thing so they wouldn't have to cover it ever under warranty. Grusome is a very appropriate word for a description of this one.

As a Glock owner who frequents the local matches, I often see other non Glock owners with feeding, failure to fire, etc issues. It makes me glad that my gun is made with supurb reliabilty by design but this is just shocking. Again, glad that I don't own that thing but it's nice to know that my gun is "blood related".

Rick

The people that I see who's Glock's run a muck are the people that play with the gun too much. I have a few friends that do this and can't seem to get things to work reliably, and eventually put everything back to stock. I started shooting my Glock because it has never had a malfunction on me over 2500 rounds and it's within my price range.