Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pic Request

doom1430

I've just joined this site after about 2 years of lurking. I'm really interested in competing and already have a Glock 35. What I am interested in is seeing how people in this forum have modified their pistols. I would really love to see some pictures of everyone's favorite Glock blasters. I know mods are based on personal preference and practicality but I need some input on what mods you made and your reasons for doing so.

I'm familiar with the Vanek, Novak,and RS triggers and plan on an RS trigger based on reviews and price. When I have the wherewithall to do so I will probably upgrade depending on my performance with the RS.

Your input will be greatly appreciated and most valued.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot it as is to start with. The only thing I did to my Glock 35, up until a year or so ago, was swap out the sights for Heinie's, and install +5 Grams basepads for limited division.

My goal was to make "A" class using a basically stock setup and then see what happens from there. I made "A" last year and have since only added a JP magwell, the RS trigger, and grip tape. That's it.

Competing how? USPSA? IDPA? GSSF? It makes a difference in what you can

do to the gun. I ran a G35, downloaded to minor, in USPSA Production for a couple of

years with very few mods--a little trigger work, FO front sight, and grip tape. Ran the

same gun for a year in open with a ported barrel, optic sight, and magwell. IIRC, it was

the same gun, without the optics and ported barrel, that I used for Limited for a while.

post-5009-1136847356_thumb.jpgpost-5009-1136847443_thumb.jpgpost-5009-1136847523_thumb.jpg[attac

ment=3413:attachment]

post-5009-1137457036_thumb.jpgpost-5009-1137457060_thumb.jpg

Well from top to bottom:

As for the slide-

1. I like the Dawson Precision .100 fiber optic front and adjustable target rear for a clear sight picture and the fiber optic really helps me pick up that front sight fast. The Dawson's set up is solid as a rock and look nice too.

2. I had Novak Handgunner's Outlet mill forward cocking serrations to assist in press checking the slide and hardchromed the slide for a bit of flash, seeing as the slide needed to be refinished anyways.

3. I put in a KKM match barrel, and believe it is the best barrel for the money. It has an 85% supported chamber according to the manufacture and really helps since I reload.

4. I use Wolff competition spring pack along with a 14# Wolff recoil spring. These springs really smooth out the action as compared to other manufactures.

5. I also have a Custom Glock Racing extended Tungston giude rod intalled to help reduce some of the muzzle flip.

6. I have a Lightning Strike silver aluminum slide cover to blend in with the hardchromed slide.

For the Frame-

1. I put in a hard chromed pin set, slide lock, slide catch and magazine release to jazz it up and match the slide.

2. Installed a Lightning Strike aluminum trigger to make the trigger more crisp and get rid of that sponginess.

3. I slapped on some of Eric Wesselman's Tru-Grip grips.

4. And last, but not least, installed an aluminum Glockmeister magwell. I plan on replacing it with a SJC aluminum magwell soon though.

I also polished all of the trigger controls where necessary, and use Arrendondo +5 base pads, CR-Speed holster, belt and mag pouches. B)

post-5009-1137456648_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rocket35

post-5009-1136847356_thumb.jpgpost-5009-1136847443_thumb.jpgpost-5009-1136847523_thumb.jpg[attac

ment=3343:attachment]

Well from top to bottom:

As for the slide-

1. I like the Dawson Precision .100 fiber optic front and adjustable target rear for a clear sight picture and the fiber optic really helps me pick up that front sight fast. The Dawson's set up is solid as a rock and look nice too.

2. I had Novak Handgunner's Outlet mill forward cocking serrations to assist in press checking the slide and hardchromed the slide for a bit of flash, seeing as the slide needed to be refinished anyways.

3. I put in a KKM match barrel, and believe it is the best barrel for the money. It has an 85% supported chamber according to the manufacture and really helps since I reload.

4. I use Wolff competition spring pack along with a 14# Wolff recoil spring. These springs really smooth out the action as compared to other manufactures.

5. I also have a Custom Glock Racing extended Tungston giude rod intalled to help reduce some of the muzzle flip.

6. I have a Lightning Strike silver aluminum slide cover to blend in with the hardchromed slide.

For the Frame-

1. I put in a hard chromed pin set, slide lock, slide catch and magazine release to jazz it up and match the slide.

2. Installed a Lightning Strike aluminum trigger to make the trigger more crisp and get rid of that sponginess.

4. And last, but not least, installed an aluminum Glockmeister magwell. I plan on replacing it with a SJC aluminum magwell soon though.

I also polished all of the trigger controls where necessary, and use Arrendondo +5 base pads, CR-Speed holster, belt and mag pouches. B)

OK, you win :D

I'm shooting mine in USPSA production division. That means it's really not worth posting a pic because it looks box stock. I've got the extended tungsten guide rod w/ 13 lb recoil spring, Novak trigger, Dawson FO front/Target rear sights, and Barsto barrel. I am thinking of trying out limited division someday by adding a Dawson magwell and basepads and probably a 15 lb recoil spring. I'll stick with my production holster/pouches at first to see which division I prefer.

Hope that helps. Go for that RS trigger and a sight upgrade and you're ready to shoot produciton.

ment=3343:attachment]

Well from top to bottom:

As for the slide-

For the Frame-

Rocket that's exactly what the hell I'm talking about!!! That's one hell of a fine looking blaster.

Hey Ralph,

I need to get some of your stickers! :PB) Can I get some red ones at the WIIT and how much are they?

The Dawson looks better in your pictures than in their magazine. Man, so many decisions so little guns. Maybe I will get 1 from Dawson, 1 from SJC and 1 from Novak Handgunner's Outlet. I like them all!! :wacko:

Like I said- "work in progress"! I am enjoying the journey though! :lol:

Oh and how did fit?!

post-354-1136990931_thumb.jpg post-354-1136990946_thumb.jpg

post-354-1136990985_thumb.jpg post-354-1136991001_thumb.jpg

The top 2 photos are the best-shooting version of my G35 which is the 40cal top end on my Open G17's lower [and the ejectors swapped out]. It has the brass CGR magwell which is about an ounce heavier than the Glockmeister brass which is on my G35 lower.

Questionable whether the ChronoMan would let that version of the G35 fly for Limited. It has grips added on and epoxy-putting filling as well; really it was made just for Open.

The one I shot in Limited the most had a Hogue Handall and Powerflex black tape like bottom right-hand photo.

Never really liked the color of the brass magwells. They got dark blue with Birchwood Casey Brass Black and some clear-coat over top of it & it's a total p-i-t-a to keep them that way. I like either stainless/aluminum or black for a color which is why to do it all over again I'd get the new Dawson Ice or the SJC.

I've just joined this site after about 2 years of lurking. I'm really interested in competing and already have a Glock 35. What I am interested in is seeing how people in this forum have modified their pistols. I would really love to see some pictures of everyone's favorite Glock blasters. I know mods are based on personal preference and practicality but I need some input on what mods you made and your reasons for doing so.

I'm familiar with the Vanek, Novak,and RS triggers and plan on an RS trigger based on reviews and price. When I have the wherewithall to do so I will probably upgrade depending on my performance with the RS.

Your input will be greatly appreciated and most valued.

Below are two pics of my 'poor man's' Open gun. I made most of the mods to experiment shooting the Open division without spending too much $. It's a Glock 35 modified as follows:

* Storm Lake barrel with 6 pop holes

* Docter red dot sight

* Vanek Trigger

* Wolfe 14 lb recoil spring

* T. H. E. brass mag well

* JP large mag release button

* Arrendondo mag extension/springs

Regards,

post-3960-1137004074_thumb.jpgpost-3960-1137004098_thumb.jpg

I just got mine and will post some pics when done! My add ons as of now: Dawson FO front/rear adj, Tungston rod from Glockmeister, stock spring, Arrendondo +5's for 4 mags, 771 mag pouches, Ghostholster, and SJC magwell next week. As for the soon to get list: KKM barrel match fitted with slide tighting, 2lb trigger, and a grip job from SJC? The gun should be ready for a master shooter when finished! Only if I was that FAST!!!! :D

Rocket 35 - Go for the SJC magwell. I picked mine up tonight and it looks and works great. I have the good fortune of living 10 miles from the SJC shop. They do great work. John built my 24 limited blaster. Pictures are below. A list of the particulars:

Hardchrome (Tripp Research) Caspian slide

Hand fit KKM Barrel

Dawson/Heinie Sights

SJC Magwell

SJC Trigger job

SJC Stippled Grip

Lightning Strike Guide Rod w/15 lb. spring.

It shoots nice and flat and I have had some good matches with it.

24-2.jpg

24-1.jpg

Edited by awleland