Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi State Match

hopalong

Ok guys, you want to win a slot the 2007 USPSA Nationals?

Here it is:

Mississippi Classic

May 20,21, 2006

Byram Mississippi

You know the deal, 20 shooters+ and the top 3 get a slot to the next years nationals......NO WAITLIST or anything.

Now down here there are few locals who will make you earn your keep. (including the guy who will most likely be the first 5 gun GM)

I will not be shooting (as of now) due to my hand, so there you go, just one more you don't have to contend with (if I'm any competition anyhow).

There are a few good wheelgunners around that appear every now and then, round them up and get it on!!!!

for more info go to the USPSA website, get on the major match schedule and click on the Mississippi Classic....and print off an entry form, ;)

You never know, you might even win a presidents medal (a pretty big deal I'm told) :rolleyes:

Hopalong

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More info:

Just got an E-mail from the Match Director.......He said since I gave him such a hard time on his not very REVOLVER friendly stages last year he intends to make them as friendly to the wheelgun as possible. :)

That being said, he also said that if you wheelie shooters out there would send me thier favorite stages he would try to include them in the match. :rolleyes:

Now he doesn't have much time as he has to get them approved by USPSA and wants to send them by the first week in Feb.

So HERE is your chance to not only shoot a revolver "friendly" match, it is your chance to put the wheel "INFLUANCE" (spelling? too early in the Morn <_< ) not only on the match but on those shooting the match with another type gun.

So please, PM me and I will get you my mail address, or just send it to John at the same place you send the applications so we as a group can make a difference. :D

The ball is in our court.............Let's not drop it :blink:

Hopalong

Now down here there are few locals who will make you earn your keep. (including the guy who will most likely be the first 5 gun GM)

I will not be shooting (as of now) due to my hand, so there you go, just one more you don't have to contend with (if I'm any competition anyhow).

I am assuming you are refering to Mr. Brister????

And what happened to your hand?????

Brad,

On my hand, it is a bruised/inflamed tendon that is aggrivated by the wheelgun.

On the 1st GM.......as of now he/she wishes to be incognito. ;)

Now the rest of you wheelgunners out there, If we can't generate enough interest to get 20 to the MS state match and offer 3 slots to the 2007 nationals, It would appear to me that there is also not enough interest out there for me to persue the Revolver Southern Nationals either. So lets get talking, and pushing and shoving.

Hopalong

On the 1st GM.......as of now he/she wishes to be incognito. ;)

Make this a guessing game, huh? Well, since Johnny is already a four-timer, he was my logical guess. However, I have never seen him touch a revolver.....so that might be my guess-breaker.

Will just have to wait and see, huh? :)

I just recieved an E-mail from Kay Miculek, she informed me that she and Jerry will not be at the Mississippi Classic this year.

What this means:

1 We will not be able to visit, and shoot with 2 of the nicest people in the sport. :(

2 All 3 slots will be offered, and avialable to 3 people (Jerry being there would pretty much take one away) IF their are 20 in the division!!!!

3 With my hand the way it is, I will not be in the mix so 1 other lesser shooter to have to maybe worry about. ;) (Even though I am the current Mississippi Classic Revovler Champ, I got lucky though)

4 You guys can show up and see who I'm talking about for the first 5 gun GM (and No it is not a she as their aren't any Lady GMs yet)

5 It will not be a cake walk for the slots, I have spoken to a few accomplished Wheelgunners that are taking interest in this match.

6 The Mississippi Classic is a Payback/ random prize table, so with more shooters in the division, more payback to not only the overall, but class winners also( when have you seen that in Revo Division?)

7 Southern Hostpitality.......Need I say any more?

So put it down on the Calendar, send the proper paper work into John(your favorite stage too) and come see if you can win a slot........The title is wide open this year! ;)

Hopalong

The match is in MAY so no worries about a Hurricane

That a way Haras!!!!! :):):)

Now maybe Revchuck can jump in. B)

Haras, you need to get the guys down there that shoot with you to sign up. I know three that shoot either with you or near you.....NOT including the one you and I talked about that will be going for the 5 GM card(And you can't tell anyone either....they will have to come and see).

That would be 5 without even trying, and doesn't include the few I have talked to that are somewhat accomplished Wheelgunners.

I think 20 is possible, just have to keep it infront of everyones eyes. Plus, with slots being at a premium last year for Nationals.....NO ONE can complain for 2007 because of not enough level III matches in 2006.

There are a few Alabama shooters who always show to shoot this match, some of them shoot a wheel (Dajerrel comes to mind but their are more) and might be interested in winning a slot.......

Let me add here:

Slots won by winning a division at a level III match generally are for that division in the Nationals.....BUT if it is a mixed match.....Similar to this years Nationals...Limited, Limited-10 and Revolver you can choose any one of the 3 divisions offered.

But if it is split...as in the OPEN PRODUCTION match it is not good towards them.

So what I'm saying is this........

Win a slot with the Wheelgun at the 2006 Mississippi Classic and whatever other divisions are offered at the same Venue as the wheel are also an option.

So if you want to attempt to shoot Production at 2007 Nationals, and win a slot from 2006 Mississippi Classic, and they are both at the same location you can use that slot to go and shoot Production.....but I don't know why anyone would myself when they can shoot Revolver ;)

So the rest of you folks out there, that might even consider going to the 2007 Nationals here is an inside track to getting a slot before any of that wait list Bulloney.

HOPALONG

Jake,

Leave the green thingy at home, I have a spare 625 for you! ;) You already know how to shoot, I'll show you how to make the gun fit the game. :) (You shoot it and I'll get your entry fee........Deal?)

Ferrell,

Sure send it to John, He will check classifications right before the match anyway.....to make sure all are where they are supposed to be. Memphis has a match this Sunday, 1:00 exit 20 on I-40 just north of town. If you want to go let me know I'll send you good directions.

I have to get with Bryant, but we (CRSSA) might have a special classifier in April just in case. More on that later.

Ron,

Good for you! How was the Ft. Smith match? Waltermitty, Bubber, Firewalker, Mike and crew aren't too bad with them old fashioned guns. ;)

Now the rest of you, get off your hands and get to filling out those entry forms and send them to John......need to get 20 before any other division does........JUST because we CAN!!!!!!! :D

HOP

Small news flash !!!!!

I have been playing with a new grip on the "Shootin Iron".

I might be able to run the gun by May, even if the tendon is not quite up to snuff.

SO......

If I need to I will run the wheel to make the 20 needed shooters.....but don't plan on it, I would rather see 20+ and me not HAVE to if not needed.

And on the tendon.......

It is now not as tender, rubbing it only brings dull pain but it is still at least a third larger in diameter as the oposite one.

Get them entries in, and keep up the pressure on those who are sitting the fence!!!!

HOP

• 2 weeks later...

OK Sam, I have commitments from 2 local revos to the state match (Hank and Pat). I have an appointment with Dead Eye Doc in a week and am going to hit him up then. How many do you know of?

• 2 weeks later...
Small news flash !!!!!

I might be able to run the gun by May, even if the tendon is not quite up to snuff.

SO......

If I need to I will run the wheel to make the 20 needed shooters.....but don't plan on it, I would rather see 20+ and me not HAVE to if not needed.

And on the tendon.......

It is now not as tender, rubbing it only brings dull pain but it is still at least a third larger in diameter as the oposite one.

Get them entries in, and keep up the pressure on those who are sitting the fence!!!!

HOP

Small news flash !!!!!

SO......

And on the tendon.......

HOP

Ok, Hopalong. You layoff that tendon and let it heal enough to shoot in May. You came down and put a wax job on us last October and we (I) would like to try for a little pay back. We are shooting a special classifier match in March so pass the word to any of your buddies that need a classification to be here. I was going to retire Betsy after the last state match, but haras started mouthing at me and now I am back on the wheel-gun. Looking forward to seeing you at the match.

Hi Pat, Welcome to the forums!!! :)

I am hoping the tendon/hand will be in good shape by then but would really like to see 20 or more without me having to shoot the wheel, even though I will shoot it if the tendon/hand will let me.

Haras seems to be pretty enthused about the whole deal, rightly so.

If you know any others, get after them to show up and shoot.......

The more the Merrier !!!!

Good to hear from you, and good to hear you are not laying the wheel down.

Hopalong/SAM

OK, Sam. I just E-mailed my stuff to John and should be signed up for Revolver. Just remember I was planning to retire after this year and go back to Limited. However, I have found new joy in having someone to compete against besides myself at the local matches. haras is a worthy adversary. Hopefully I will not live to regret these words. if we can get some of those ICORE shooters from down in south LA we might stand a chance at the big 20.

I just recieved an E-mail from Kay Miculek, she informed me that she and Jerry will not be at the Mississippi Classic this year.

What this means:

1 We will not be able to visit, and shoot with 2 of the nicest people in the sport. :(

2 All 3 slots will be offered, and avialable to 3 people (Jerry being there would pretty much take one away) IF their are 20 in the division!!!!

3 With my hand the way it is, I will not be in the mix so 1 other lesser shooter to have to maybe worry about. ;) (Even though I am the current Mississippi Classic Revovler Champ, I got lucky though)

4 You guys can show up and see who I'm talking about for the first 5 gun GM (and No it is not a she as their aren't any Lady GMs yet)

5 It will not be a cake walk for the slots, I have spoken to a few accomplished Wheelgunners that are taking interest in this match.

6 The Mississippi Classic is a Payback/ random prize table, so with more shooters in the division, more payback to not only the overall, but class winners also( when have you seen that in Revo Division?)

7 Southern Hostpitality.......Need I say any more?

So put it down on the Calendar, send the proper paper work into John(your favorite stage too) and come see if you can win a slot........The title is wide open this year! ;)

Hopalong

The match is in MAY so no worries about a Hurricane

Would like to do Miss in the spring

except we are hosting MI first regional IDPA match

keep us posted as to matches to earn slots and I will Be there

Is OHIO up for another ORC I missed out last year being new to the sport

not relizing the importance of shooting to earn slots

How else do I get to Nat'ls?????????

Help please

Gary

Cheatahs,

Sorry there is a schedule conflict, I expect a fun, challenging match in Mississippi this year.

As for slots.......

Basicly it is like this.

For the 2006 Nationals....earned slots are gone I'll get on that in a little bit.

Section slots.......each section is awarded slots based on how many classifiers are turned in the year before, it is then up to the Section Coordinator to hand them out...some sections have matches just for that, some do it first come first served and other ways. Contact your section coordinator to find out.(I understand that the Section coordinators got them last week and know how many they have available)

Wait list.......On a certain day USPSA will have an online waitlist to get on, it is first come first served so the sooner you get on it the better. go to the USPSA website for specifics.

Now as far as earned slots go.

National champs from the year before get an automatic slot.

Area Champs(level III or larger) that have 20 or more in the division get an automatic slot.(also a certain amount of Lady and Juniors based on number of shooters in the division)

If you win your class at an Area match(Your area) you win a slot (even if there is less than 20 in the division)

If you place in the top 3 in your division at any level III match be it a state match, area match or "other" match as long as it is a Level III match and there are 20+ shooters in your division.

There are a few more specifics mostly on area matches, check the USPSA website while you are looking at the online info.

That is it in a nutshell, hope it explains things.

Now back to the Mississippi match......

A little birdie has told me that a certain Danbagger from California is seriously contemplating coming across the River to get a dose of Eastern ass Kicking as he thinks the only good revo shooters live across the Mississippi river from Mississippi(except that Miculek guy) and thinks it will be a cakewalk to win not only a slot but the whole 9 yards. :ph34r:

(He didn't say that in those exact words, but I translated it that way ;) )

Now I know there are some pretty good wheelgunners in the Southeast, I'll be doing my best to get word to them to try and make this match but I can't do it alone, and need all the help I can get to make the Mississippi Classic one of "the' matches for a wheelgunner in 2006......the record is 20 at Ohio last year, let's see if we can eclipse it.

Hopalong

Edited to remove a double post I some how managed to do.

Hopalong

Edited by hopalong

Dan, Dan, Dan.......look at that, Bwana Six-Gun's even using the little angry smiley on his post! That's a real challenge, you know!! ;)

Maybe we need to have a little friendly team competition, using the Mississippi River as the dividing line: Wheelteam East (FL, TN, MA, KY, WI, etc.) versus Wheelteam West (LA, CA, IA, MN, CO, AZ, OK, KS, etc.)......!!

Looks to me like Wheelteam East better hope that "East of the Mississippi" extends all the way to Holland and Italy! (heh-heh!!) :D

Edited by Carmoney