Mississippi State Match

hopalong

OK, NOW we're getting somewhere!!!!

1 Bwana...."Blame it on the Scotch"....Sixgun

2 Haras

3 Tim Lott

4 Hank Stern

5 1st 6 Division GM ;)

6 Encoreman........................How's that?

7 Matt Beck

8 Dennis

9 Dr. Cabell

10 Wayne A.

11 Nemo...........(and Crew)

12 DaJerrell

13 Hopalong..................I'm not Scared! <_<

14 Mystery Man from Yankee land! :ph34r:

15 Frank Cruz

16 Annette Eysen(spelling?)

17 Elliot E.

18 RoboPUP

Edit to add:

19 Harley Davison

20 Mystery Man from the Southwest ;-)

Keep "EM" coming!!!!

COOG............Talk Tony into it!!! I know he wants to.........just needs a little coaxing ;) and what about Arthur Lasiegn????? any one heard from him lately?

Still quite a few out there.........Keep it up!!!!! :)

HOP

Edited by hopalong

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14. Mystery Man from Yankee land!

He's from Maryland. Got that out of John but he is tight lipped about everything else. He just grins when I ask him for info.

Glenn,

Tell John he'd better spill the beans.........

Or we'll tell everyone this is all a big JOKE and tell them to stay home! :D:D:D

That'll get him going if nothing will........We can try just as hard to NOT get anyone to come as getting them!!! :P:P:lol::lol::lol:

Hope the ICORE test drive works out for you guys Sunday!

HOPALONG

Unless there is another revolver shooter coming from MD it must be me
Must be, welcome aboard Dennis. (darn, that drops the list by 1, oh well... must work harder)

Ahhh... Lurking in the shadows.

Hey John, I know this tread has more hits in the revolver forum but maybe you should share this information in 'Match Annoucements / Pistol Only' so the bottom feeders will find it. B)

Viva Revos

Edit:

Say.....if I was to be able to make some name badges for the MS Classic would anyone be interested? Would you really wear it?

Edited by haras

Yo hopalong, Wayne Alcott is now a firm entry. Signed up today and turned his check in to John. Dead-Eye Doc is starting to waffle. Shot his 625 in the match today and had lots of trouble with the reloads and light hits on those Winchester primers. Vows to get some Federals.

Put new springs in my 25-2 and had mucho trigger return problems on first two stages. had to go back to original rebound spring. Haras took it home with him to examine and/or correct if possible.

Side note: We set up two ICORE stages after the regular match and let any and all try them out. The bottem feeders looked like the proverbial moneky doing it to a football. :D:P:blink: All I could do to keep from rolling on the ground LMAO. Unfortunately, I shot the regular stages better than I did the ICORE. :D:D

We are looking good for May.

Bwana..........

Sounds good!!! I love it when the bottom feeders find out what a real challenge is. ;)

Haras........

I'll take one. :)

On a side note, I shot with a pretty good wheelgunner today at the Memphis match......

Said he might be at the State match in may....depended on work. <_< Not counting on it until I see the whites of his eyes.

Hop

Also....

with wayne signed up it leaves the Aeysens, and Dead I doc on that list......

Need a few more.

Edited by hopalong

Thanks Hoppy, Wish I could move up that fast on the score board as well. LOL Hey Glen, I want a badge for sure. Okay guys, we're getting close, think real hard know any shooters that can work a wheelgun, we don't really care how good they are at it.

Pat may have more insight but I think Tommy is solid for the match. He was excited about revo today. Hell, I let him win the ICORE match just to bolster his confidence (just kidding). He needs to knock some rust off but has time (and money) to do that. Mr. 'Grand Master' will have to work harder for his beans now. B)

We had 8 shooters on the ICORE stages and would have had more if it weren't at the end of a hot day already. Look for more in June. Like Pat said, the bottom feeders were quite humerous. They had fun though, you should have heard them talking to themselves and their guns. A couple were even seem to dance as they worked at getting the gun reloaded. :P

We're still looking for an ICORE club name if anyone has an idea.

Good and Bad.....

Since he was already on the list, it is good he's solid in the book. :)

Bad because now we have to get more names for the list. :(

I have sent e-mails to several folks who know folks ect. to get as much interest and shooters as possible! CAN"T quit guys/gals keep up the work.....20 is good, 40 is better!!!! :wub:

Too bad there is that little OTHER match up in Kansas or where ever it is at.......They could have came down here and got their asses handed back to them too!!!! :D

Hopalong

Had another verbal commitment today!!! :):):)

He said he's pretty sure he's coming but don't write him in yet. <_<

Good stuff!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention........

He's pretty good too. ;)

Hopalong

OK, I have name badges in the works for the people listed below. Who am I missing, who can I add? They will be ready for you at registration, badge holder included. I'll email each of you a copy today so you can see what your's looks like in case you want changes. B)

Bwana Six-gun

Haras

Encoreman (no avator)

Dennis (no avator)

DaJerrell

Hopalong

Frank Cruz (no avator)

RoboPUP

I see a Matt Beck listed on Enos but he doesn't have any posts. Is that our Matt?

Sorry you can't make it Cheetahs! :(

On another note......

NEMO is IN !!!!!!!

Whooo hoooo!!!!!!

Got the news today!

Also hear the nice throaty rumbling sound of a HARLEY !!!!!! Getting a tune up before a road trip! ;)

AND.......

another Mystery man but this time from the Southwest.....

JOHN, If you havent been saving your $$$$$ for the BEER....(YOUR BRIBE) YOU had better take out a loan....I have seen some of these guys/gals guzzle a brew or two down! ;)

Hopalong

Any others, you'd better be getting them in......It will fill up....and you will miss the boat and just hear about the big time in Mississippi had by all wheelgunners....except those that wait just a little too long.

Remember, 30 is better than 20! and 40 is better than 30! :D

I will be giving the Wheelgunners at the Space city Challenge a going over too...that is 3 weeks before the MS match....Might get the record by a mile! ;)

Pshhh....a measly 20 at last years Ohio match and the Nationals...... :P:P:P

Oh yeah, Thanks PHLEKS!!! you started this stuff with the Ohio revolver championships!!!

Hop

And Yes, that is our Matt Beck! Go ahead and Make him one too.

Edited by hopalong

Yeap... I'm in!

Yesterday Hop baited me with some beer and today he's just reeling me in.

Does anybody know if Richard Timberlake will be there? I have an unresolved vendetta with him from South Carolina...

See you guys there! :)

Well guys, I think I need some tax advice...

anyone know if beer money for revolver shooters can be considdered a "charitable donation"?

I still don't have 20 revolver match apps actually on file, but I've got a bunch, and when I look at some of the names on this list that still haven't sent theirs in but that I'm pretty sure I can count on (ex. forum nick rhymes w/ shop-a-thong), I'm thinking it's time to start shaking out the piggy bank.

If anyone would like to contribute to the cause, please make all checks payable to "Big John's Foot in Mouth Fund". Seriously guys, congratulations on a tremendous effort and I'm looking forward to cocktails at the range on Saturday night.

John Heiter

2006 MS Classic

Match Director

Ok John, I'm not going to say "I told you so" yet, but you just did not realize the extent that some people will go to to drink free beer! I'm sure that back in February you thought you were pretty safe, but time will certainly tell, won't it?

I too am looking forward to cocktails at the range Saturday night after the shooting is over.

Perhaps afterwards you will be invited to join the wheel-gunners for a possible social hour and dinner. How does that sound to all you guys that are coming? I know haras would like to see all of us get together and swap a few lies about how we could have shot better "if only".

For all of you that are signed up and/or planning to come and not signed up, please plan on getting together either before the shooting starts Sat AM or as soon as we finish that evening for a photo shoot. I would like to get pictures of everyone individually and at least one group shot. Perhaps if we can get someone to write it up, we can get this in Front Sight and include the pix.

HOO...WEE! Looks like we'll make it. Let's keep pushing to see how high we can go. Let's set the curve, hold the record. We'll nick name the match the Revolver Championship or something.

And we'll have Cowboy's and Indians too. Err.. I mean Harleys. Does that mean Tom is coming down Hop?

Yea, there's a local Mexican resturant around the corner from the range that sells beer. Would you guys be interested in going there after John is cleaned out or would you rather meet close to the match hotel so you can freshen up?

Pictures and article sounds good. Like I said, let's set the curve.

I gave Pat a boost last week. Did him a trigger job to 7lbs. Beats the hell out of what he had. Darn that may mean he has a chance to beat me now. Hope nothing goes wrong with that trigger at the state match. B)

Edit:

NEMO, should I make name badges for your side kicks? B'Wana suggests "Son of Nemo"...

Hop, PM me who these other guys are that may want/need badges.

Edited by haras