Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi State Match

hopalong

Bubba, we'd sure enjoy shootin' with y'all, but that weekend I will be defending my championship at the Sunflower Classic in Topeka, Kansas. I know for a fact that pskys2 (a bona fide Revo Master) and some other midwestern wheelgunners are not going to make this an easy task!

Good luck to y'all anyway. Make sure you get ol' Hopalong out there behind his revo, a southern revolver match wouldn't be the same without him.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba, we'd sure enjoy shootin' with y'all, but that weekend I will be defending my championship at the Sunflower Classic in Topeka, Kansas. I know for a fact that pskys2 (a bona fide Revo Master) and some other midwestern wheelgunners are not going to make this an easy task!

Good luck to y'all anyway. Make sure you get ol' Hopalong out there behind his revo, a southern revolver match wouldn't be the same without him.

Sorry you can't make it. Good luck in Kansas. Show those Jayhawkers how it's done. Maybe next year?

Hopefully Hopalong will be able to get a grip on that wheelgun in time for May. He put a hurtin on us last year and we need to try and put some back on him this year. :P

Let's see how many we can scratch up:

1 Bwana Six gun

2 Haras

3 Tim Lott......current Section Champ

4 encoreman

5 Hank Stern

6 The first 6 gun GM...... USPSA gave him GM for Single stack <_<

7 Cliff Walsh

8 D. Carden

9 Some crippled dude from Hilljack country if needed but don't count on it ;)

10 DaJerrell.....needs to come back from bypass sugery to the real challenge of action pistol shooting....and has friends that shoot the wheel gun

See almost half way there and we have 3 months to go :)

there are a few others I have yet to contact. and we can't forget Johns offer for free BEER! :wub:

ALSO I noticed today on the USPSA website that the match is APPROVED as a level III match so when we get 20 in Revolver division there WILL be 3 slots awarded for the 2007 USPSA Nationals.

SO............

When USPSA starts handing out earned slots next year I don't want to hear "I didn't get offered a slot because I couldn't find a level III match to shoot to win a slot" and all the other pissin and moanin :huh:

HOPALONG

You know the guy that has tried to get more interest in Revolver division for the last 2+ years and is about tired of it because it doesn't seem to matter :angry:

Hmmmm...

We had 6 revolver shooters at our classifier match today. Best turnout we've had at a monthly match. Looks like a couple more in state guys are picking them up.

Hey Haras, Good to meet you and Bwana and Hank today. I grew up on revolvers and I can shoot them better than semi's because I slow down and aim. Not to brag but went on to Ellisville today and 1 stage had 310 possible points and I got them all with 31 shots. I can't do that with my para, I will drop points and shoot a little faster. FYI I talked to Heiter and he said he won't divulge the # of shooters in revo class because if we come close, at the last minute shooters might change divisions. So we will see if there are 20 wheelgunners that ain't afraid to shootem!!!

The pleasure was all ours, nice meeting you and your chauffeur.

went on to Ellisville today and
What is in Ellisville?
FYI I talked to Heiter and he said ...
yeah, that's the same answer I got a week ago. We'll get there. I need to entice "Dead Eye Doc" Cabell into shooting his 625. I'll work on that.

We have a local club that shoots in a dirt pit outside Ellisville. It is not USPSA sanctioned, but we have a good time anyway. We shoot 1st and 3rd Sun at 1:00. If interested I'll give directions to it. Our Section coordinator even graces the pit from time to time.

Edited by encoreman

Encore, it was also good to meet you. I watched you shoot and you can definately work the wheel gun. I would suggest that you try loading left handed without taking your strong hand off the grip. I have tried both ways and it is definately faster (IMO) to not have to reposition your hand each time. Look forward to seeing you again and at the MS Classic. I keep hoping we will get the 20 we need. Hopalong is pushing as hard as he can and so are haras and I. If you know any ICORE shooters down there in south LA you might try to put a bug in their ear as well.

Hey Bwana, I am from Laurel,Ms. not Louisiana. Hey I enjoyed the match. I started out using my left hand for reloads and all my"buddys" said you're doing it wrong. So I have been trying to break myself of the "bad" habit. I will have to practice both ways and see which is better for me. Are any of you shooting the ICORE match in Thibadaux,La on March 25-26? I am not an ICORE member. I just saw it in the front sight mag. See Ya

Are any of you shooting the ICORE match in...
ICORE = Inspirational Collection of Revolver Expertise?

No really, would you guys be interested in starting ICORE matches in Byram. I would be willing to talk to John and the MRPC board. I think we could secure their support.

I'm going to send ICORE a membership application today ($25 first year, $20 renewal) so I can see what they offer. This looks like a good way to get match experience instead of driving 2-3 hours for a monthly match. Go Revos!

Pat, keep your mouth shut until I move on this.

Are any of you shooting the ICORE match in...
ICORE = Inspirational Collection of Revolver Expertise?

No really, would you guys be interested in starting ICORE matches in Byram. I would be willing to talk to John and the MRPC board. I think we could secure their support.

I'm going to send ICORE a membership application today ($25 first year, $20 renewal) so I can see what they offer. This looks like a good way to get match experience instead of driving 2-3 hours for a monthly match. Go Revos!

Pat, keep your mouth shut until I move on this.

What'd I say? What's I say?

If any of ya'll make it down to Thibidoux for the ICORE match, Challenge the Revo crowd down there to make the Mississippi match.

Elliot Eysen is now a Master in Revolver, and I hear Annette is one tough cookie too!

Bubber,

Load Waltermitty, Firewalker, Mike, and Stephanie up for some good southern Hospitality and good times.......I'll even hold the timer on one stage for you. ;)

HOP

Edited by hopalong

Talked another Mississippi boy into shooting, He has shot 70% of my scores back last summer when I was putting several rounds down range. If he has a good match could be in the running as the section champ.

So that is up to around 12 with all the so called BIG DAWGS still hiding trying to avoid a southern ass Kicking. ;)

HOP

Hop,

I hope you are not talking about Wayne A. from down on the coast. He came up here and kicked some serious butt in the special classifier we had on 3/5/06. Won three out of four stages. I think he might be a ringer, but hope he makes it to the match in May. I'll just wait until he ain't looking and slip some "special ammo" into his bag. :D (Either that or try and break his fingers) Need something to slow him down. :D

Let's see how many we can scratch up:

1 Bwana Six gun

2 Haras

3 Tim Lott......current Section Champ

4 encoreman

5 Hank Stern

6 The first 6 gun GM...... USPSA gave him GM for Single stack <_<

7 Cliff Walsh

8 D. Carden

9 Some crippled dude from Hilljack country if needed but don't count on it ;)

10 DaJerrell.....needs to come back from bypass sugery to the real challenge of action pistol shooting....and has friends that shoot the wheel gun

See almost half way there and we have 3 months to go :)

there are a few others I have yet to contact. and we can't forget Johns offer for free BEER! :wub:

ALSO I noticed today on the USPSA website that the match is APPROVED as a level III match so when we get 20 in Revolver division there WILL be 3 slots awarded for the 2007 USPSA Nationals.

SO............

When USPSA starts handing out earned slots next year I don't want to hear "I didn't get offered a slot because I couldn't find a level III match to shoot to win a slot" and all the other pissin and moanin :huh:

HOPALONG

You know the guy that has tried to get more interest in Revolver division for the last 2+ years and is about tired of it because it doesn't seem to matter :angry:

Hop, I think we may have to scratch Cliff and maybe even D. Carden. They appear to be heading for Kansas to shoot it out with Carmoney. :( They don't know what they are missing. Sent a PM to NEMO in FL and he seems to be ready to come if he can work it out. Hopefully he will bring his two juniors and they will shoot the wheel gun also.

Will keep you posted as things develop. Joh is being real tight lipped about how many we got signed up in Limited-6. :D

Yep, I see them talking about Kansass. <_<

Biggest reason they are going there instead is they(except Cliff) are scared of a little southern ass whippin! ;) Hank Jr said it and I'll repeat it........"The South's gonna rise again" :D

Oh well their loss our gain! :P

HOP

Cap'n Nemo is now a wheel gunner, but the crew hasn't yet been converted but man can those two shoot! B)

I'm sorry guys. I have to be back on Monday and the one day match works better along with better flight times and less money. It looks like we have 15 revos at the summer blast. You guys should think about making the trip july. 20 would be great.

Sam, you know I like my ass spanked.

Dennis,

Yes it is, Saturday will be all day, 6 or 7 stages if not 8.

Sunday will finish up and awards ect.

Have been done and gone by 12:00 on Sunday for the last 2 years.

I hope you're shooting the wheel gun. :)

See you there, gonna be fun!

HOP

Sam

I worked on Dr. Cabell this afternoon. He shoots revo better than anything (loves them cowboy action matches). I was trying to impress him with my rig, don't think it intimidated him though.

Same time/place, had my 16yr old there shooting a G17. I'm trying to get him to shoot a match. When I let him shoot the revo he said "man, that's not what I expected, it shoots softer than the G17. I kind of like that, menne another clip".

After the 4th clip I clipped his wings and reverted back to the G17. Damn, may have to come up with a 2nd rig if he gets into this. No problem.

I can hear Bwana now. Yeah that's because your loads don't make major....... Bring on the crono Pat. They go 172 and some change. B)

Dennis........ :D

Well it is pretty much OFFICIAL!!!!!

Cliff and D. Carden are NOT Chicken.......They just have HEN HOUSE ways!! :lol::lol::lol:

Looks like they have decided on that other little match instead.....Too bad for them! ;)

I have decide to shoot the wheel, bad hand or no bad hand....and with ZERO practice before hand as A-6 is two weeks prior to this match......well maybe just a little "Knocking the rust off" the old gun. ;)

Anybody know where I put the Magazine? :P:P:P

See ya'll there! (for likely the only major match in 2006 for me and the wheelgun) sure do like that Benny Blaster though......Thanks Benny :)

HOP