Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mississippi State Match

hopalong

I need to be up early in the morning setting up stages but for some reason I'm getting really excited about this one. Can't wait to see everyone in Jackson this weekend. I'll pretty much be on the range from now until Sunday afternoon so, if anyone needs me or has any questions about the match, call me on my cell at 601-259-1504.

Also, if any of you are still trying to make up your mind, the weather for our area looks fantastic for the next few days.

John

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anybody interested in some video of the revolver shooters. I am willing to bring the video camera if somebody helps out with running it. It is to much screwing around for one guy to deal with and still try to keep his head in the game.

I will also bring my video camera. Mine is a mini DV that I can plug into my laptop and burn off CD's or DVD's I thought about bringing the "Dan Cam" but it's too much of a hassle for a major match. If you follow the link below, look at the March 12 video to get an idea of what the Dan Cam will do.

Dan Cam Videos

Okay I had to offer 1 more time. I'm shootin Friday. My 610, holster rig, ammo etc is offered to use- no charge. Only catch you lose it, break it, you buy it. Come on guys & gals we need all the revo shooters we can get. See ya Mac, I'll be on stage 5

I give up... I kept trying ot find a way to get to shoot the match and meet my other obligations, but it didn't work. Again, sorry I won't make it.

Wish you all (or all y'all) a lot of fun and that the 20 revo mark is met.

Green of envy,

Edited by Nemo

Well, the first day is behind us. RO's and vendors and shoot throughs are done. Tomorrow is the big day. Got a great redneck tan and best of all shot a clean match for the first time in years. Slow but straight. Those of you who could not make it, wish you were here. You guys in Kansas, ALL A's.

PAT (Bwana Six-Gun)

My apology for bailing out on you guys. After realizing I have not shot my 625 since the 2003 Space City Match, I did not think I would able to keep up with you guys(I Know, excuses, excuses).

Thanks for not beating up on me too bad. Ironic? :rolleyes: I got on the same squad with the majority of the revo shooters. Thanks for putting up with me.

Tony.

My apology for bailing out on you guys. After realizing I have not shot my 625 since the 2003 Space City Match, I did not think I would able to keep up with you guys(I Know, excuses, excuses).

Thanks for not beating up on me too bad. Ironic? :rolleyes: I got on the same squad with the majority of the revo shooters. Thanks for putting up with me.

Tony.

No problem Tony. It was good to have you with us even if you were shooting a bottem-feeder. I don't think anyone at the match could have kept up with hopalong, since he won High Overall for the second straight year, but he will need to watch out next year. Johnny Brister was state champ and right on his heels. Thanks again to all the wheel-gunners who came from far and wide to shoot with us. It was a pleasure to meet and shoot with you. John should have all the final results posted on the web in a day or two. I just got home from the range and he was still there, but starting to look more than a little "fried." I don't thin he has had a full nights sleep in several weeks. Without him we would have fallen flat on our faces.

Got a quick second to comment.

GREAT MATCH !!!!!

Most fun I have had at one in a LONG time!!!!!

Good shooting with Bawana and the rest of the crew Friday...you guys are great!

I personally just got a little lucky.

Congratulations to Johnnie Brister!!!! Mississippi Section Champ.....that makes him the only one to win the state title in all the recognized divisions. ;)

Gotta go back to Kentucky and work now.....see ya later.

HOPALONG

PS Thanks for all the help and attempt to make the 20......John said if we liked the stages this year wait until next......HE told me he wants the Mississippi Classic to be a "MUST SHOOT" match for revolvers and intends to do what he can to make it so.

HOP

Congratulations Sam and Johnnie. I enjoyed meeting ya'll and look forward to next year. We need to start working on all those that didn't show-up. I think I could have shot my encore and made a better showing. I'm like Hopalong had a lot of fun, and that's what it's all about. Hope everyone got home safely, see ya at a match down the road. God Bless all. Mac

The match was great and everyone made us feel welcome.(even the chrono guy). It was odd being in a squad of almost all revolvers, and I thought it was a novel concept to give kitchen knives and cooking oil to all competitors. Thanks to John and all the others that made the match possible.

B)B)B)

Hi Dan,

It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope to get to see some of your pictures soon. I'm still kind of laughing over some of our prize table items. I mean I know they were unusual but when someone offers to donate 1,000 resharpened filet knives or twenty eight cases of cooking oil, how do you turn that down?

I think we probably set some sort of record for the most eclectic prize table...TV's, VCR/DVD players, MP3 players, guns, knives, timers, bullets, chairs, coolers, BE Books, vegetable oil, FRMS Radios, Electronic Ears, all sorts of gun parts, wine, wine refrigerators, hats, shirts, shooting bags of every kind. I was there when most of it was bought and some of the bundles still kind of suprised me when we were giving them out. I will say this, there's nothing like going into a Walmart with three or four grand in your pocket that you have to spend before you leave. Talk about a kid in a candy store.

John

John, You are the one that deserves all of our thanks. You put in a lot of hard work and long hours. Okay the resting is over now, let's start getting ready for next year. Yeah right you say. I had a great time and I think all of the competitors did to. I really had to laugh at the oil, when we were unloading it, I was thinking-FISH FRY, oh well. Hey, you get the oil donated next year and we will have a fish fry. How about it people what do ya say?? See ya mac

Had a blast shooting the revo. Thanks to all the guys on squad 6. They put up with a lot of questions from a beginner. Looking forward to shooting with you guys again. Thanks for the help.

Had a blast shooting the revo. Thanks to all the guys on squad 6. They put up with a lot of questions from a beginner. Looking forward to shooting with you guys again. Thanks for the help.
The pleasure was all ours Coog. Thanks for shooting with us. Mark your calendar because John has already reserved the 3rd weekend in May 2007. It's already on the USPSA match calendar. We'll shoot for 20 again (pun intended). B)

edited for spelling

Edited by haras

Well I finally made it home for more than 10 minutes.... <_<

After a week to think about this match I have decided it was still one of the FUNNEST matches I have ever shot with a wheelgun!!!! :) Sorry you guys out in Kansas missed it. :(

Tony "I'm not shooting a revolver" :P (Glock Phan) I enjoyed watching you run that new glock you have. Don't worry about all the ribbing.....You would have gotten it anyway. ;)

GUYS/GALS........WATCH JOHNNIE BRISTER !!!!!!!!!

It has taken him 3 months to get where he is........A major THREAT at any match and I'M sure he will be the first ALL GUN GM !!!!!!

I want to congratulate all the revolver shooters who attended this and the Kansas match....I still don't understand why anyone would want to go to a level II match instead of a level III......but I'm just a dummy that shoots. ;)

I want to personally thank all the revolver shooters that attended the 2006 Mississippi Classic. Had we gotten the 20 the revolvers, the Division would have been the 3rd largest of the match...(production had 18 and we were 17)

I really want to thank

Tom and Dennis.....Tom came from Wisconsin and Dennis from Maryland just to bump elbows with a bunch of "Hilljacks" Thanks guys, maybe next year it'll be bigger....can't get much better.

All the rest of you thanks again, we tried but it just did not work out (this time).

Sorry to be the Spoil Sport.......

But for the 2007 Mississippi Classic I will be shooting a Bottom Feeding, Multi cartridge capacity, Auto loading "Benny Blaster" Limited gun. :)

I have scratched the idea of the "Southern National Revolver Championship" too, Just can't seem to drum up enough support, and enthusiasm to warrant the effort it will take. :angry:

So IF you guys/gals want a "Southern National Revolver Championship" you had better start planning on Jackson Mississippi in May, 2007. ;)

John and Company will do their part, it is up to you good people to do yours. <_<

Again, Great match John!!!!!

Hopalong