Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prodigy extended mag catch

It didn't work in mine. You could push it into the grip from the right side, (opposite of the button side) I thought that it had a defect in the grip from Springfield so I ordered a new grip. Same thing happens on the new one. The stock mag catch is fine on both modules.

I believe most anything that says it fits a 'first gen' STI/staccato will fit the Prodigy, don't be surprised if you need to tweak the frame and/or mag release to make it perfect....either that or I have bad luck, but I've spent as much time fitting mag releases as thumb safeties these days.  

On 6/19/2024 at 11:42 AM, jrb06 said:

I used an older model STI on mine.

I will add I have a Brazos button on it and I did have to do some clearance work on the grip to make it function 100%

3 hours ago, Vanniek71 said:

I got a Dawson Precision drilled and tapped extended release from BSPS. PN 103-001 and it dropped right in. No fitting required

you've got my hopes back up, my fingers are crossed!

Most of them fit and work fine (minor plastic scraping may be required), but you don't get the swoop on the right side to match the grip contour.

On 6/19/2024 at 1:34 PM, 71Commander said:

It didn't work in mine. You could push it into the grip from the right side, (opposite of the button side) I thought that it had a defect in the grip from Springfield so I ordered a new grip. Same thing happens on the new one. The stock mag catch is fine on both modules.

My experience also.

It was a little deceptive. Initially it looked like it worked but after closer examination you could see that the interface with the grip was just barely functional.

Edited by ddc

after 2 trips around the country courtesy usps, my gen 1 magazine catch finally arrived. stuck it in, and it fit. a little crunchy first40 or so uses like just about every mag catch. cleaned right up and is perfect feeling. i also like the  SS button.