Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2006

If you sent your application in for the 2006 Florida Open (more than a few days ago) and have NOT received your confirmation card, you should e-mail Wadette and confirm that your application has been received. There are several people accepting applications and the staff has confused which applications have been confirmed by mail and which have not.

You may contact her directly at: wadette@comcast.net

Make the Subject line read "Florida Open registration confirmation" and she will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Leo

We are staying in Winterhaven, FL at the Holiday Inn...it was the nearest one I could find...

I think Avon Park is a little quicker drive. If you stay just south of Frostproof, Avon Park has some restaurants and several hotels. Im shooting the whole thing Friday.

Does anyone know if there are any spots left for FO? I just returned from a Middle East deployment and want to know if there are spots are sitll open.

Cooter

PS I've found the form and all but waht's the price and is there a phone # if I need to call it. Thanks for any help I appreciate it.

Edited by Cooter

• 2 weeks later...

I have been signed up for the Fla Open since last November.

I received no feed back until I e-mailed Wadette in Jan and she replied with an email confirmation.

I haven't seen a match book, info on stages, round count, match hotel, squadding, etc.

I went to the match last year so I pretty well know what to expect, yet I'm a little surprised that information has not been more forthcoming.

Is this typical for this match?

T

Edited by tlshores

Historically, Frank sends out a postcard that lists the "Match Hotel" and the same general information that is on the Match Application or the website.

Match booklets and squadding information are usually supplied with your shooter packet upon check-in at the range.

Wadette is the statistician but does not receive the applications or send out the confirmation cards. Frank (and his people) handle the incoming mail and mailing of the confirmation cards then forward the applications to Wadette.

My understanding is that that, in Frank's absence, there was a mix-up and Frank's people lost track of which applications had been confirmed and which had not. There are likely many people that did not receive the usual postcard confirmation.

Wadette was NOT INVOLVED in the confirmation card mailing problem.

Leo

Wadette was NOT INVOLVED in the confirmation card mailing problem.

Please understand it was not my intent to be critical of Wadette or anyone else at the match.

It's not uncommon in major matches to make basic info available to competitors before the match.

For example, I know I am shooting all day Friday but at this point I couldn't tell you what time registration opens or when shooting begins.

A lot of Match Directors post stage diagrams, round counts, etc. on their website if not by mail.

Maybe Frank doesn't typically do that. If so, it's not a problem.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.

Tls

Tlshores,

No offense was intended or taken. We are just dealing with two totally different types of people trying to work together. Wadette is extremely organized, structured and conscientious with everything that she does, and Frank is more of a free spirit. It drives her crazy when others do not pay the same attention to detail that she does, particularly when people get the impression that she is the one that messed up.

Since Frank's match usually overfills each year, daylight is a precious commodity. As has been mentioned, the shooter's breifing has been held in darkness before. Shooting happens as soon as the sun rises and often continues until very late. I would plan to be there early.

I will see if they have an anticpated Friday start time, final round count and post whatever I learn.

Leo

Ok guys and girls, this is the latest news from the top!

For Friday Shooters:

Registration for Friday shooters will be on Thursday afternoon from 2:00PM until 5:00PM and again Friday morning starting around 6:00AM, all at the range. There will be a shooters briefing at 7:00 sharp Friday and shooting starts at 7:30.

For Saturday and Sunday Shooters:

Registration will begin Friday after 2:00PM till ~5:00PM and Saturday morning starting around 6:00AM, all of this is at the range. There will be a shooters briefing around 6:30 on Saturday and shooting starts at 7:00AM on Saturday and Sunday.

There are 10 stages with about 300 rounds. (I think 292 is the exact number)

No stages have been, or will be, published on posted on the web.

If I forgot to mention anything, feel free to ask!

Leo

For Saturday and Sunday Shooters:

Registration will begin Friday after 2:00PM till ~5:00PM and Saturday morning starting around 6:00AM, all of this is at the range. There will be a shooters briefing around 6:30 on Saturday and shooting starts at 7:00AM on Saturday and Sunday.

There are 10 stages with about 300 rounds. (I think 292 is the exact number)

No stages have been, or will be, published on posted on the web.

If I forgot to mention anything, feel free to ask!

Leo

Thx, Leo! I was thinking...about 8:00am maybe getting out of bed, and finding a breakfast joint, but now maybe not. <grin> 292 required rounds...what do you suggest the prudent shooter bring in total? I was thinking...400?

Steve

Thx, Leo! I was thinking...about 8:00am maybe getting out of bed, and finding a breakfast joint, but now maybe not. <grin> 292 required rounds...what do you suggest the prudent shooter bring in total? I was thinking...400?

Steve

Steve,

Not bad timing as long as you don't mind missing the first two stages of the day!

I would not want to start a stage with anything less than all of my magazines full. Since that is nearly 100 rounds, and I tend to take extra shots, I would bring 400+ rounds minimum.

I hear that this is NOT going to be a 10 yard "hose and go" match and there will be lots of props and steel. Bring extra ammo ... you are going to need it!!

Leo