Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Jerry Miculek Model 327 WR

It happened so much in the precision .22 and airgun worlds that they switched to one shot per target... and now electronic targets.

It's crazy to believe they never happen and it's crazy to believe they happen as much as people claim.  The odds are at least 10x (probably closer to 100x but I can't be arsed to do the math) less than having two bullet holes touching and how often does that happen during a match?

FWIW, I was squadded with Jerry when he pulled a target to check... because it had no-shoots on either side and was close enough a shot way too low or high was likely.  When you looked really carefully up close, you could see two rings.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been shooting mine quite a bit. It's accurate with Berry's 100gr @ 780 fps. The CORE system is junk, I replaced it with a SRO and Allchin mount. It's got the Wilson spring and TK firing pin, I will probably send it out for a trigger job in a few months. Probably the weirdest thing about the gun is the barrel inside the shroud is ported all around the inside of the barrel and only the top four ports are exposed through the shroud.

What do you think the chances are that they would do a real production run of this gun? Maybe without the special treatment. Just a base model Smith with factory hammer and trigger, no optic system or moonclip tools. Just an 8 shot scandium 9mm. 

On 8/23/2024 at 3:02 PM, testosterone said:

So what actually happened.   I had heard loosely there was arguments over more than 1 scoring situation.

I also heard likewise at another nationals jerry argued for and successfully got someone elses double thrown out that definitely changed the match outcome.

If you're talking about the 2009 Nationals, there were no significant scoring issues or arguments in our squad.  

At another USPSA Nationals, Jerry did argue for and successfully get another shooter's double thrown out by the RM.  I was on the squad that year also.  Now, Jerry was in fact correct about the bad call made by the RO, but it was rather surprising to see Jerry get involved in questioning another shooter's target and requesting that the target be pulled.  Strangely, the other shooter was awarded a re-shoot (which was another officiating mistake), but he had a bad re-shoot run.  The overall outcome of the match was not affected--Jerry would have won that year either way.    

Edited by Carmoney

17 minutes ago, Carmoney said:

Strangely, the other shooter was awarded a re-shoot (which was another officiating mistake), but he had a bad re-shoot run.  The overall outcome of the match was not affected--Jerry would have won that year either way.    

I learned years ago, if I'm offered a re-shoot, turn it down. They never go my way :)

On 8/24/2024 at 8:32 PM, shred said:

FWIW, I was squadded with Jerry when he pulled a target to check... because it had no-shoots on either side and was close enough a shot way too low or high was likely.  When you looked really carefully up close, you could see two rings.

I have witnessed Jerry requesting targets be pulled on numerous occasions.  On the majority of these occasions, he was granted two hits on the target.  He always made sure the RM knew it was his target being reviewed, and he usually offered some sort of commentary, such as "I had a pretty good sight picture on that one."  It didn't matter if it was a 20-yard swinger, if there was only one hole visible, he would have the target pulled.    

Edited by Carmoney

12 hours ago, Carmoney said:

I have witnessed Jerry requesting targets be pulled on numerous occasions.  On the majority of these occasions, he was granted two hits on the target.  He always made sure the RM knew it was his target being reviewed, and he usually offered some sort of commentary, such as "I had a pretty good sight picture on that one."  It didn't matter if it was a 20-yard swinger, if there was only one hole visible, he would have the target pulled.    

Fwiw in 2007 or 2008 nationals I saw him argue for another competitor to get a double on a long swinger.  Didn't see the shots but heard the argument. 

12 hours ago, ysrracer said:

I learned years ago, if I'm offered a re-shoot, turn it down. They never go my way :)

At locals I always take the reshoot, practice for it happening at an important match.

I would think its not an option if the rules are being followed. 
IIRC reshoots are required for certain cases. I cant think of a situation in USPSA or ICORE where they are shooters option.

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

I would think its not an option if the rules are being followed. 
IIRC reshoots are required for certain cases. I cant think of a situation in USPSA or ICORE where they are shooters option.

Ro feels he may have interfered with the competitor.  Had it happen a few times.  Some say they're good, some won't.  

• 2 weeks later...