Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Require Painting in Tier 1 Matches?

RickT

19 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Sarge was referring to his matches, "I don’t shoot steel challenge yet" this is the rule.

"4.3.1.7.1 Level I matches are encouraged to paint after each competitor but are not required to do so."

With Texas stars and other falling plate targets some folks prefer not to mess with handling the wet painted steel. A bigger deal than static steel painting. 

thats the type of nonsense verbiage that created chaos in IDPA and made a good game suck.
Rules books should have SHALL SHANT WILL WONT DO DONOT CAN CAN NOT.
If your rule book is full of shoulds, mights, encouraged, and other non black white verbs,, said rule book blows.

19 hours ago, Dr. Phil said:

The people/clubs who don't / won't / or won't allow painting (see O.P.) are the ones changing things to suit the minority of shooters. That is the crux of this discussion.

On the ground I have observed more of it changing to suit the majority... or a handful then the rest remain silent,, 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The rules are clear regarding painting.  Perhaps there should be an anonymous way to report issues to SCSA at which point the MD would be contacted for verification and informed that scores from the subject match will not be accepted until the match is brought into rules conformity.  I'm not generally in favor of this approach but MDs can have long memories and would a)resent being confronted face-to-face  or b)resent being reported. 

Nothing wrong with unsanctioned matches.  Shooters seeking classification can use the unsanctioned match for practice and seek out regular matches for having their scores reported.  With 100 posts to date this is a worthwhile subject.

10 hours ago, RickT said:

Perhaps there should be an anonymous way to report issues to SCSA at which point the MD would be contacted for verification and informed that scores from the subject match will not be accepted until the match is brought into rules conformity.  

Might be good to first confirm that the organization is not already on shaky grounds with the club you have in mind. 

That was my point a few pages ago.  Many clubs aren't doing this now.  SCSA/USPSA can either try and force them to do it and likely lose some clubs that will just carry on without paying them a dime, or SCSA can make a rule exception for local matches and keep that money rolling in while annoying "serious" members, or just ignore it and hope the clubs/members sort it out for themselves, which seems to be the current tack.

I personally think this has run its course.  We are repeating earlier statements.  It’s not hard.  If it’s an issue…..take your own paint.  I’m in the camp of painting is required…..a shooter should expect it.  Others disagree.  Nothing I can offer that has not been said already.

I have been following this but now it’s just email clutter so hitting the in-follow button.