Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rmr bullet?

Atlas33

I really like the RMR bullets, I've been shooting them for years.  I am not using them in a major gun, so it's fairly straightforward to get a good load worked up, but I've used most recently been loading the 124 grain Nukes and have been happy with how they load and shoot.  I'd recommend them to others for sure, and their CS is excellent .

Customer service is big to me.   I’ll probably go ahead and order a sample pack of those as well.  I really appreciate the insight! 

On 4/10/2024 at 7:52 AM, Atlas33 said:

So I definitely lean towards PD but they’re a little hard to come by right now, which is why I’m trying to find other solid options that are both affordable and perform.  That being said, USPS just lost a sample pack of PD that I ordered.  Took them two weeks just to tell me that PD never shipped them.  I have been in contact with Pd the whole time and Lisa assured me they did.  PD has great customer service and made it right.  

No lies detected.  PD's biggest downfall for me is that they are much harder to catch in stock than RMR's offerings.  To make matters worse, their in stock notification system doesn't seem to work the majority of the time.  The double-edged blade of being a popular option I guess...

12 hours ago, fbzero said:

No lies detected.  PD's biggest downfall for me is that they are much harder to catch in stock than RMR's offerings.  To make matters worse, their in stock notification system doesn't seem to work the majority of the time.  The double-edged blade of being a popular option I guess...

Yeah I agree.  I did speak with RMR and they have over 200k 124gr nukes in stock so the quantity issue probably won’t be that big of a deal.  I think I’m going to just go ahead and order some and compare them side by side. 

The nukes are great for self defense/general use, but not that great of a competition JHP. The ogive is very fat/far forward, unlike JHPs from other companies. As mentioned above, you may have to load shorter due to this, which is not what you want in an open gun.

I think their 135 MW is great for minor, though.

So I ordered a ton of the 124 RMR nukes last year when they were on sale. I use them for minor pf LO and I just bought an open gun so going to try it for major also. So far they are very accurate in my experience, more so than 147 bb. I do however load fairly short in my 2011s when using the RMR nukes at 1.125 oal.

24 minutes ago, TechGuy1911 said:

So I ordered a ton of the 124 RMR nukes last year when they were on sale. I use them for minor pf LO and I just bought an open gun so going to try it for major also. So far they are very accurate in my experience, more so than 147 bb. I do however load fairly short in my 2011s when using the RMR nukes at 1.125 oal.

I make it a habit to never load the same bullets in minor and MAJOR loads. My 9MAJOR loads are JHP’s only and minor are RN, coated, plated, whatever. I also keep them in different color ammo boxes

16 hours ago, Sarge said:

I make it a habit to never load the same bullets in minor and MAJOR loads. My 9MAJOR loads are JHP’s only and minor are RN, coated, plated, whatever. I also keep them in different color ammo boxes

Yeah I thought about the same thing but most I go is to keep them in separate colored ammo boxes and I keep the majors in plastic bags so I don’t mistake them. Gotta say, I’m impressed with the performance so far though