Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buzzers

If you want to bust out the screwdriver and soldering iron, IME it's often the switch that goes bad so bypass it with a jumper wire first as a test. 

They use a light activation force microswitch that's not super easy to find.  My notes say an Omron VX-5-1C23 (slightly higher activation force) might substitute for the discontinued Cherry D42X / ZF D42LR1AA switches that are in the Dillon primer buzzers I have, although some tweaking may be required.  There's probably an exact replacement switch if somebody wants to search parts catalogs and datasheets or look inside a recent Dillon buzzer.

1.5v buzzers & squeakers are easily found at Digikey, Mouser, Amazon, etc

glad dillon has a warranty, and if it quit working they probably would. However come on guys , lets not abuse things.
I had one lasted a good 20 years.. quit working bought another, I wouldnt even feel right asking for a replacement. One I have now is probably 7 or 8.  
I guess if I wasnt getting a year out of them I would have an issue... but some things are wear items,, I am sure they could make them lifetime and bullet proof at tripple the cost...

My newest Dillon buzzer, 3 years old is still the  ZF D42LR1AA switch.  The ZF switch is obsolete, but still available several places online.  I've fixed at least one old one with either the Omron VX-5-1C23 switch or the CK TFCFH8VP0040C.  I don't remember which.  I've used them interchangeably on other projects and had one on hand at the time.

Nolan

Edited by Nolan

6 hours ago, Joe4d said:

glad dillon has a warranty, and if it quit working they probably would. However come on guys , lets not abuse things.
I had one lasted a good 20 years.. quit working bought another, I wouldnt even feel right asking for a replacement. One I have now is probably 7 or 8.  
I guess if I wasnt getting a year out of them I would have an issue... but some things are wear items,, I am sure they could make them lifetime and bullet proof at tripple the cost...

Dillon's warranty is that they are the replacement part provider for the life of the product.  They do not want your money for replacement parts and they thrive on having the best warranty in the business.