Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kore Competition Belt

mrvip27

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

Interesting. I like their buckle adjustment but wonder how stiff or thick the belt is...

Very stiff, not too thick though. (Sounds very wrong, I know) 
One of the guys at our local match just got one and was showing it off. 
With the belt off, he was holding the back and keeping the rest level while it had a Stock 2 in the holster and mags in the pouches. 

Edited by Matt1911

1 hour ago, Matt1911 said:

Very stiff, not too thick though. (Sounds very wrong, I know) 
One of the guys at our local match just got one and was showing it off. 
With the belt off, he was holding the back and keeping the rest level while it had a Stock 2 in the holster and mags in the pouches. 

Curious as I want my boss hanger and daa pouches to not wiggle if the belt is too thin in thickness vs my daa belt.

23 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Curious as I want my boss hanger and daa pouches to not wiggle if the belt is too thin in thickness vs my daa belt.

I didn’t study the thickness, but I don’t recall it being noticeably thicker than my CR Speed belt. 

4 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Ordered one tonight, see if it's a $126 belt.....

I have one of their everyday carry belts and it’s stiff. It’s .200 thick and if I squeeze the calipers it’s .195. My shooters connection belt is .270 and the Boss hanger still has .125 to squeeze down on it. 

I have a kore edc belt as well and like it. i had the daa lynx belt and didnt like it. with the advent of half links and ratchets maybe i would have.... 

my biggest hopes for the kore competition belt is moving my gear and having it all still fit solid, and the adjustment ability of the kore ratchet vs just pulling velcro tighter.

On 9/16/2023 at 4:56 AM, rowdyb said:

I have a kore edc belt as well and like it. i had the daa lynx belt and didnt like it. with the advent of half links and ratchets maybe i would have.... 

my biggest hopes for the kore competition belt is moving my gear and having it all still fit solid, and the adjustment ability of the kore ratchet vs just pulling velcro tighter.

I have the NEX belt of similar design for my EDC belt I really like it. Waiting on your review of this competition kore to decide to pull trigger on one.

I looked to see if anyone else had done a review of this specific belt and could not find it. Lots of them about their battle belt, but not the competition one. Probably the steep price scaring people away from taking a gamble on it.

your tldr, it's like a cr speed belt with a ratchet and takes a few minutes to set up.

now just a stream of conscious observations

• I wear a 30" pant or sometimes 31". I originally did mine for 31 and ended up redoing the sizing for 30 inches.
  • they say you can cut the belts with scissors to size them, i used diagonal cutters.
  • the inner and outer belt are almost the exact same thickness. the outer belt measured 0.24", compared to a daa premium measuring 0.40
  • the set up isn't really ambidextrous due to the buckle design. i used a "regular' keeper from another belt for the tail.
  • it feels about the same stiffness as a cr speed belt. so not the stiffest but better than a regular single bet for sure.
  • the inner belt part that can be shortened must be worn in the same place as the buckle for it to work right. i wear my usual double belts with the inner belt overlapped in the back and the outer in the front. not so here.
  • it takes some time to set up, especially if you're like me and you don't trust the directions and are afraid of cutting it too short, so it took me a while. i only utilized their printed instructions, not anything online or in video form.
  • my boss hanger and daa racemaster pouches mounted up perfectly. I did move things about 1/4" forward because of the smaller circumference I could acheive. but i am still running stuff at my hipbones...
  • you can make it far tighter around your waist than any regular double velcro belt.
  • is it a 126 dollar belt? i don't know. if you bought a ratchet kit, the kore inner belt and converted a belt you already have would you be ahead? I don't know... especially if that type of conversion is out of your skill set.
  • I used it in a live fire session at the range today, one heavily focused on movement. the belt was completely unnoticeable, which is perfect for new gear. I am going ot use it in the AR section match this weekend.

I use my battle belt version reversed which is fine but I see the comp belt is logoéd so that would look the best. It just means the lever is at the top rather than the bottom. Will be interested to see how it goes.

Edited by terrydoc

I wore it at the AR section match this weekend. Shadow 2, Prod set up. You can tell it is not as laterally stiff as other belts. But I liked it much better how it could tighten exactly how I want and sit where I want on my hips/waist.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2023 at 12:59 AM, terrydoc said:

Only new I think, I got one of their Battle belts last year and an extra inner belt to use with my DAA Lynx with the ratchet. Had I seen this I would have jumped on it. 

How do you like the battle belt version? I need one for mutli gun and thinking about trying this.