Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Western Pennsylvania Section Championship

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the match and must say that we had a GREAT time. The weather was terrific especially considering what we might have been stuck with(bagged targets and all that jazz). It rained the way to the match yesterday, and it came down pretty heavy last night too. You wouldn't know it though by looking at the range conditions today, no puddles or mud in the shooting areas. :D

The match was a lot of fun and even though there were a lot of close targets, there were some good challenges (i.e. opportunities to crash). Lots of partials with no shoots and hard cover and some stages with classic targets too.

It was a shame that more shooters weren't able to make it out, it was definitely a worthwhile trip. The staff did a great job and the match ran so smoothly that we were done with the whole thing by about 12:30 or so. A big "thank you" to all the people that helped to put this together, especially offering the breakfast before the match. That was tasty and enjoyable as well.

Congratulations to all the winners, especially my teammate and the fairer of the Fransisco shooters: Megan. Wow, 1st A Open and high Lady! Good job! Sorry about Dave's DQ, major bummer. :unsure:

Hope to see many of you all at the Nats'.... it's gonna be awesome.

Edited by Turtle

I thought it was an excellently run match. The ROs running the stages did an excellent job and we got lots of trigger time with little wait time. The stages were very well built and a lot of fun. Just needed a few more revolver shooters to have shown up. Its sad when you take second and DFL at the same time.

mcb

Wonderful stages, this place knows how to hold a match. Not sure what happened to everyone, but it is worth a 4 hour drive anytime. I to wish more revolver shooters showed up. It was a horse race between MCB and I.

It was close between us on most of the stages although I crashed and burned on stage seven when I completely flubbed a reload. Stage four also gave me grief. I really need to practice more weak hand shooting, especially with my revolver.

mcb

Edited by mcb

I had such a good time at the Area 8 match, I decided to make a return trip, and sure am glad I did. $65 for 8 great stages. Great staff. Stayed at a great hotel too. The Red Roof Inn is very very nice for $66. All around a great value.

Ate dinner Saturday night at the Winchester Room. Just had to go back after last time. Really awesome steaks, and the crew there is top notch too!

I had a blast!

Looking forward to it next year! ;)

Great match and RO's were especially friendly and professional. This was a great match value too.

Kudos to Chris Keen, high overall in L10, shooting minor. I think he only had 18 or so C's :o

Nice Job Chris, sucks i missed it.

Yeah. Being done so early that one of the guys said... lets go find some steak.. it's too early to go home after a match! You know your staff is efficient then.

This is looking like it is going to be an incredibly well run area 8 next year! :)

I see Match staff learned about hard cover ( the more you put in the more you paint :P )

Congrats Megan, awesome finish even knocked over a few of those Masters along the way. Keep it up at nationals!!!

If i had to lose atleast it was to a great shooter and nice guy. Good match Todd! and Congrats !

Chris..... minor L 10.... did you hide from Todd and his big scarry GM card? Congrats see everyone minor only hurts if you drop points. hehehe. i've shot with chris and he just shoots the dang A's

Everyone really was exceptionally friendly! I have never been to a match that was ran as well as this one. Excellent job and a big thank you to all the staff involved!

Big congrats to Chris :D Hopefully through proximity ozmosis, I can absorb some of that speedy accuracy that you exude :)

Congrats to all the shooters. I was pleased and impressed with the friendliness and sportsmanship of all the shooters that came through our stage (6 - Martian poppers). it was great to meet some new folks, and reaquaint with many known shooters.

We expect you all to come back next year...bring a friend or two with you!

Is this right?

1 Sam Brown TY42729 A Limited Major No No 922.4101 100.00%

2 Ryan Snyder TY43465 M Limited Major No No 922.3985 100.00%

3 Bill Warble TY43093 M Limited Major No No 918.2381 99.55%

WOW!

Yea Flex, if I could have back just one shot.

Ryan

Nice shooting Ryan! You must have paid attention! :D;)

Didn't you change from Production to Lim 10 Sunday morning at registration?

Anyone that can win overall in L-10 shooting MINOR through a 2nd Gen G17 without a magwell or speed holster is ok in my book. Rock on Keen!

Didn't you change from Production to Lim 10 Sunday morning at registration?

Anyone that can win overall in L-10 shooting MINOR through a 2nd Gen G17 without a magwell or speed holster is ok in my book. Rock on Keen!

But not everyone shows up after two days of shooting and switches divisions. It didn't appear that it was an equipment issue.

And a M class shooter should be able to beats C class shooters even shooting minor.

I shot Sunday so I didn't have to take a day off of work, not to sniff out the competition. It is my perogative to switch divisions. You could have too.

And a M class shooter should be able to beats C class shooters even shooting minor.

Who said I was a Master ???

I'm just a lowly A class shooter in L-10 :rolleyes:

I shot Sunday so I didn't have to take a day off of work, not to sniff out the competition. It is my perogative to switch divisions. You could have too.

Who said I was a Master ???

I'm just a lowly A class shooter in L-10 :rolleyes:

Your listed as Master in the results, just a mistake. My name is spelled wrong in the results also, no big deal, mistakes happen. I guess you should of just shot limited in minor and maybe not have to worry about personal attacks :rolleyes:

Flyin40