Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack holster rig

Edogg

I’m looking to expand my horizons and want to try shooting single stack USPSA since I really like shooting my 1911s. Double Alpha has a Labor Day sale going right now so I figured today might be a good time to pick up a belt rig. 

Any recommendations on which holster to choose? Looks like the DAA options are the PDR-Pro II or the Max IDPA. I could also do the IDPA PDR and get a BOSS hanger. 

And I think I’d need 5 mag pouches, right?

Blade tech on a lee holster hanger

i run 4 safariland 771 pouches and 2 magnets form lee holster hangers

the magnet are the 1st and last with the 4 safariland between them

i use the last magnet holder for my Barney mag and the 1st one for the make ready mag

i used to run a pouch in the last position but for tired of fumbling trying to get the mag back into the pouch after I Barney 

16 hours ago, terrydoc said:

If youre not shooting IDPA why go the max idpa holster? I use a MAX for my sig 320 probably the best "bucket" I've used. Have a look at a Comptac International, they will take a BOSS if that's what you're after

I it was an option that appeared in the DAA rig builder. Since they don’t sell the BOSS hanger and that’s what I have on my CO rig, it’s what I’m familiar with.

9 minutes ago, rishii said:

Blade tech on a lee holster hanger

i run 4 safariland 771 pouches and 2 magnets form lee holster hangers

the magnet are the 1st and last with the 4 safariland between them

i use the last magnet holder for my Barney mag and the 1st one for the make ready mag

i used to run a pouch in the last position but for tired of fumbling trying to get the mag back into the pouch after I Barney 

I was looking at the DAA magnetic holsters. I like the slim and speedy nature of them (not that I’m good enough for it to really matter much). Ever had a mag fall off with one?

my rig is a comptac holster on a henning t1000 hanger, which is awesome and the adjustability is fantastic. the holster is fine but i added a cam-lever so it can be locked up pretty tight and very loose with a flip. currently have 4 daa xip pouches with single stack inserts and 2 magnets on the front, but shooting major i'll be adding another pair of pouches

• 2 weeks later...

Red Hill Tactical holster, DAA racer pouch x 6 (can be oriented bullet-out if you like), Henning T1000 hanger, +1 Henning magnetic mag pouch. 

been through a few belt setups and this is by far my fave.