Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 to striker fired

Stafford

I'm planning to ditch my S2 in favor of a striker fired pistol for carry optics. In the meantime, I'll use my Glock 17. For those that ran a Shadow, S2, or SP01 for a while and then went to a striker fired platform, which pistol did you go with?

13 minutes ago, Stafford said:

Nose heavy and double action first pull are my excuses.

I agree that nose heavy is an issue. I swapped to a plastic guide rod helped some and exploring some other ideas to balance better.

DA not an issue with a little practice (dry and live). I've noticed many (including myself) have more problems with the 2nd and subsequent shots, and it doesn't matter what kind of gun they are using.😬 

Try the Canik Steel Frame or the Walther PDP with the weight kit from Taylor Freelance.  The PDP weighted magwell will work great in Limited Optics or IDPA ESP.  The Springfield 5.25 Elite is good too.

P10f competition? That’s probably my next gun, currently im shooting an Arsenal strike one and I believe it’s better than the s2 in a lot of ways. The ergal is a metal frame version of the strike one. A little custom trigger work and the thing shoots like a dream. I was using a 13 pound spring with a steel guide rod but I was having issues with the slide coming forward too soon while jamming magazines in the gun so now I’m using the dpm spring. 

I’d like to get a p10f competition but im nervous I can’t make the trigger as good as the strike one. Plus the strike one cycles really fast. 

Edited by Twilk73

I was shooting a Tanfo for a while but switched to the Walther Q5 Match and then Q5SF when they were paying money for match wins. I liked them both but the grips are too small if you have even average sized hands. The PDP is probably better but no steel version available. I never see them anywhere now though. Everyone has either a 320 variant or a Canik. I know I sold my Walthers when they stopped paying, lol.

i switched from S2s just like you.

canik rivals are hard to beat. the polymer ones are great. i havent shot the steel ones.

canik rivals come with so many accessories you barely need to buy anything to compete except extra mags

that being said, i miss my shadows a lot

P10F here. It's make backup gun to my Bull Shadow 2 for USPSA because I am cheap. Had to use it recently when the dot died on my BS2 at match start. It's also my main gun for steel challenge in CO. 

A few minor tweaks like a metal trigger and couple other tiny parts is all I have done to it. 

6 hours ago, broadside72 said:

P10F here. It's make backup gun to my Bull Shadow 2 for USPSA because I am cheap. Had to use it recently when the dot died on my BS2 at match start. It's also my main gun for steel challenge in CO. 

A few minor tweaks like a metal trigger and couple other tiny parts is all I have done to it. 

Do you think is a solid option for CO in SC? I have been thinking of one myself. 

15 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

Do you think is a solid option for CO in SC? I have been thinking of one myself. 

I like it, at 81% right now using it. I can't split the gun nearly as fast as I can my BS2 in USPSA but for SC its about the transitions and not trigger speed. Plus the weight doesn't become an issue as the day rolls on like with a heavier gun. 

But YMMV. 

8 hours ago, broadside72 said:

I like it, at 81% right now using it. I can't split the gun nearly as fast as I can my BS2 in USPSA but for SC its about the transitions and not trigger speed. Plus the weight doesn't become an issue as the day rolls on like with a heavier gun. 

But YMMV. 

Thanks, I'm probably going w this option. Wish I could get a competition one just to have the longer sight radius for production if I ever went down that trail. 

On 9/3/2023 at 10:14 AM, Dirty_J said:

Give the P-10F a look. Not sure why these don’t get more attention. Phenomenal striker gun… and they’ve been CHEAP lately. 

IMG_1356.thumb.png.ed6fa48593dc5c4202b72530a3196d88.png

The shape and contour of the grip of the P10 series are amazing, the only thing that puts me off is the super slippery grip... Tried talon grip, had to replace it every few months with intense dry fire training every day... just too much hassle for me. If CZ comes up with a grip texture like Walther PDP, I would switch from S2 to P10F in no time

Just now, hlsccsfa said:

The shape and contour of the grip of the P10 series are amazing, the only thing that puts me off is the super slippery grip... Tried talon grip, had to replace it every few months with intense dry fire training every day... just too much hassle for me. If CZ comes up with a grip texture like Walther PDP, I would switch from S2 to P10F in no time

Give a look to the “Handle-It” grip brand. Much grippier than Talon. Durability is decent as well.