Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX Compact

S&W686

I picked up a new Dan Wesson DWX Compact last week and had a chance to take it to the range yesterday.  I put 200 rounds through the gun and it ran flawlessly.  The gun fits my hands very well and it is easy to shoot.  The gun is also very accurate.  This gun may become my favorite carry pistol.  I like the grip, but wish it was a little more aggressive.  The only problem I am having is finding a holster for the gun.  I have placed an order at Garrett Holsters for one.

IMG_0969.jpg

Any issues at all with your front sight?

I put about as many rounds thru mine, and the front sight came off, something I have read happened to a couple of other folks on different forums. Now I can push the sight in and out with my thumb. Awaiting the DW response, and I hope quick fix.

If it was loose, you'd notice! I was shooting at the head zone A-box, and all of a sudden started shooting way off to the right when I realized what was going on.

It's a bummer, because like you mentioned, this is easily going to be my best carry gun ever. I mean CZ 75 grip mated with a 1911 trigger? It doesn't get any better than that. (For me...)

As a side note, ANR  had the only other kydex iwb that I could find, lol, and ordered it just before I went to the range today, so will have to see when it gets back.

That's awesome!

Dan Wesson came thru early Monday morning with a shipping label and an RA.

I still haven't shipped it, trying to decide if I'm going to mill it, and put a Holosun EPS carry dot on it, the guys at Cajun don't think there is enough room to leave existing rear sight on, so without...no need for the front I suppose. 

Still hate sending it away for any length of time, because I'm hooked on it.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sundevil827 said:

CGW took care of the front sight, as well as getting the EPS carry on, so my issue is solved!

Beyond happy to have it back.

DWX-Dot.jpg

Very Nice!!! I may have to look in to doing that to my gun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 2:51 PM, sundevil827 said:

Any issues at all with your front sight?

I put about as many rounds thru mine, and the front sight came off, something I have read happened to a couple of other folks on different forums. Now I can push the sight in and out with my thumb. Awaiting the DW response, and I hope quick fix.

Is your front sight not pinned? Mine is... running change maybe? 

13 hours ago, highxj said:

Is your front sight not pinned? Mine is... running change maybe? 

From the factory? No it was not pinned.

We looked at it at CGW, and I elected to not have them pin it, if the compound doesn't hold it, then all good now that it's got the dot on it.

If it's supposed to be pinned, that's actually a relief to hear, I'd consider a second one to keep iron sights only, but definitely would want that pinned.

19 hours ago, sundevil827 said:

From the factory? No it was not pinned.

We looked at it at CGW, and I elected to not have them pin it, if the compound doesn't hold it, then all good now that it's got the dot on it.

If it's supposed to be pinned, that's actually a relief to hear, I'd consider a second one to keep iron sights only, but definitely would want that pinned.

I lied. I assumed my sight was pinned since it had the hole for a pin, but after looking at it with my reading glasses and a light there is NO pin in it. If I have trouble with it, I'll probably just pin it myself. I'm sticking with irons.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, EvilNuff said:

Was the front sight pinned on the full size DWX?  Strange that it has the hole for the pin and isn't pinned.

Nope- mine fell off during a match. Luckily I saw it happen and put the sight in my pocket.