Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tac Sport2 with slide mounted dot?

dogtired

Hi, I was thinking of making a Tac Sport 2 into a LO gun.  I already have a Shadow 2 milled with the CZC plate system and enjoy that.  They also offer a direct mill RMR plate that avoids the dot overhang, and a direct mill.

Primary Machine offers a direct mill (as do a few others).  Just looking for info based on actual experience as to which way to go…

Pics of your TS2 very helpful.

thanks.

Just make sure your plate does not have a racker, otherwise you'll be in Open.  I bought the CZC multi-sight dovetail adapter with the twin rackers sticking out the sides.  Oops.  So, I'll have to cut them off or shoot Open.

7 minutes ago, zzt said:

Just make sure your plate does not have a racker, otherwise you'll be in Open.  I bought the CZC multi-sight dovetail adapter with the twin rackers sticking out the sides.  Oops.  So, I'll have to cut them off or shoot Open.

I dont think the slide rack is prohibited in LO. It is prohibited for CO though.

Also curious of this. Direct milled vs CZ/CZC optic plate system. 

Currently just converted my Czechmate to shoot LO with the addition of an EGW plate… but if I decide that I like the division… I’d also be looking at a TS2 dedicated for the division.  

IMG_1070.thumb.jpeg.6dfc9f53a09eaa00304be101cf36b9c3.jpeg

1 hour ago, BMSMB said:

I dont think the slide rack is prohibited in LO. It is prohibited for CO though.

A shooter was moved to Open last match for just that reason.  Nothing in the provisional rules permits a racker.

15 minutes ago, zzt said:

A shooter was moved to Open last match for just that reason.  Nothing in the provisional rules permits a racker.

Rules/laws don’t typically allow things. They forbid them. 

3 hours ago, BMSMB said:

He was failed by his ROs then.

https://nroi.org/rules-insights/show-me-the-ruling/

Thanks for the clarification.  I'll bring this up at the next meet.

3 hours ago, Dirty_J said:

Rules/laws don’t typically allow things. They forbid them. 

The Division Appendices specifically allow some things and specifically disallow others.

9 minutes ago, zzt said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I'll bring this up at the next meet.

The Division Appendices specifically allow some things and specifically disallow others.

YES. But generally that’s how rules work. In the absence of something being forbidden, it’s allowed. This isn’t IDPA after all. 😂 

On 6/20/2023 at 2:10 PM, Dirty_J said:

Also curious of this. Direct milled vs CZ/CZC optic plate system. 

Currently just converted my Czechmate to shoot LO with the addition of an EGW plate… but if I decide that I like the division… I’d also be looking at a TS2 dedicated for the division.  

IMG_1070.thumb.jpeg.6dfc9f53a09eaa00304be101cf36b9c3.jpeg

does EGW still make that plate? Me with the TSO and a couple buddies with czechmates were lookign at dovetail options. CZC has been out of their plate forever, so we went with toni systems. Didnt know that EGW had an option too. Whats it made out of?

7 minutes ago, Guitarmageddon said:

does EGW still make that plate? Me with the TSO and a couple buddies with czechmates were lookign at dovetail options. CZC has been out of their plate forever, so we went with toni systems. Didnt know that EGW had an option too. Whats it made out of?

Found one at Shooters Connection. 

Is made of 7075 aluminum. 

On 6/20/2023 at 7:58 PM, Dirty_J said:

YES. But generally that’s how rules work. In the absence of something being forbidden, it’s allowed. This isn’t IDPA after all. 😂 

Not quite true.  I asked NROI about a rule specifically permitting an action and asked why a very similar action would not be permitted.  I was told that since the rule specifically permitted one action and did not mention the other, I could 'infer' it was not legal.  I don't like inferring.

22 hours ago, shred said:

Yes, just ask the RO to point out where in the Open and Limited rules it says slide rackers are allowed.  

It's not there. 

My standard practice is to say show me the rule forbidding this.  That used to work well.  Not always anymore.  See above.  If I had followed my practice in that instance, I'd have been wrong.

• 1 month later...

TSO works just fine.

This was direct mill, no plate, but the width of the slide does limit what kind of dot you can put on. Original plan was to put an SRO on that I had sitting in the safe, but that would have had overhang, and required a plate. In this case, way smaller glass, but has not been an issue. Your mileage may vary.

TSO.jpg

On 6/21/2023 at 9:26 PM, Guitarmageddon said:

The SKU is 49559. It's now marketed as a TS2 mount, but will fit the TSO/Czechmate. I tried one out before direct milling my TSO. Ends up at about the same height as the frame mount.

On 8/17/2023 at 12:42 PM, sundevil827 said:

TSO works just fine.

This was direct mill, no plate, but the width of the slide does limit what kind of dot you can put on. Original plan was to put an SRO on that I had sitting in the safe, but that would have had overhang, and required a plate. In this case, way smaller glass, but has not been an issue. Your mileage may vary.

TSO.jpg

Doesn't help you now, but Impact Machine will direct mill (no plate) a TSO for an SRO. I believe I've seen some others offer it as well.

14 hours ago, BRuss said:

The SKU is 49559. It's now marketed as a TS2 mount, but will fit the TSO/Czechmate. I tried one out before direct milling my TSO. Ends up at about the same height as the frame mount.

Doesn't help you now, but Impact Machine will direct mill (no plate) a TSO for an SRO. I believe I've seen some others offer it as well.

Ended up grabbing a Toni systems aluminum one from cz-parts.com. it worked great and was a real tight fit, but the downside was there were two different screw patterned footprints. Which was fine for my DPP but I needed to grab something else for the 507 comp. Coincidentally, the CZ custom one became available which has patterns for pretty much every optic on one plate. The downside is I feel that I noticed it being far heavier, being made of steel. It is almost three times the weight. And the fit of it is not as tight in the dovetail so I had to peen the bottom a little bit.

On 8/27/2023 at 10:50 AM, Warrior75 said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UqaJ83JqYbk6NFbNA

I got my slide back from Stonebridge gunworks. I zeroed the dot yesterday afternoon. Still trying different recoil spring weights.

The slide wasnt too narrow for the 507 comp screw pattern? got any pics of the slide without the optic? Was considering one day doing the TSO with a direct mill, but on the fence about this...

On 8/28/2023 at 12:07 PM, Guitarmageddon said:

The slide wasnt too narrow for the 507 comp screw pattern? got any pics of the slide without the optic? Was considering one day doing the TSO with a direct mill, but on the fence about this...

The slide is wide enough for the RMR pattern. No picture of the slide cut without the optic. 

On 8/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, Guitarmageddon said:

As stated above, TSO slide can be milled for RMR pattern (this includes SRO/507Comp) without needing an adapter plate. The recoil lugs end up being half-moon shaped.