Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Measure Baffle

Are any of you changing your powder measure baffle to a different brand with any success with consistent drops.  What brands  and where are you locating them. I read some are changing locations height wise.

Thanks in advance

Jim

14 hours ago, jim m said:

Are any of you changing your powder measure baffle to a different brand with any success with consistent drops.  What brands  and where are you locating them. I read some are changing locations height wise.

Thanks in advance

Jim

On my Redding measure every time I screw with it I always end up right back at the original place. That would be about an inch from the bottom. 

What powders are you using?

I've only ever used Vihtavuori powders and never had a problem with consistency with a stock Dillon measure. Just discard the first charge after a break in loading.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/4/2023 at 9:29 PM, VIPERONE said:

For more consistency I have Zip Tied a cheap Aquarium Bubbler to the reservoir.  A little shaking  helps a lot. When not loading turn it off.

Bob R

This should only be a necessity when using extruded powders. And, honestly when Dillon suggested I use an aquarium air pump, I was extremely disappointed in their problem solving abilities. I do understand the vibrating action helps settle powder grains, but an air pump isn't the answer. And honestly they should at least offer an aftermarket option. 

I just hopped on the ol interwebz and ordered a ladies vibrator. Works like a charm on IMR4198.eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiaW5mbHVlbnN0ZXJfcHJvZHVjdGlvbiIsICJrZXkiOiAibWVkaWEvcHJvZHVjdC9pbWFnZS9wcm9kdWN0L2lt-id2l0aG91dEVubGFyZ2VtZW50IjogdHJ1ZX19LCAiZXh0ZW5kIjoge319.jpeg.1139aa978678449e3ca64ac3e614e273.jpeg

6 hours ago, willfully armed said:

This should only be a necessity when using extruded powders. And, honestly when Dillon suggested I use an aquarium air pump, I was extremely disappointed in their problem solving abilities. I do understand the vibrating action helps settle powder grains, but an air pump isn't the answer. And honestly they should at least offer an aftermarket option. 

I just hopped on the ol interwebz and ordered a ladies vibrator. Works like a charm on IMR4198.eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiaW5mbHVlbnN0ZXJfcHJvZHVjdGlvbiIsICJrZXkiOiAibWVkaWEvcHJvZHVjdC9pbWFnZS9wcm9kdWN0L2lt-id2l0aG91dEVubGFyZ2VtZW50IjogdHJ1ZX19LCAiZXh0ZW5kIjoge319.jpeg.1139aa978678449e3ca64ac3e614e273.jpeg

How do you use it: inside or outside......

On 8/30/2023 at 12:02 PM, willfully armed said:

Is it available in dillon blue?